Universal Nowhere: Lost Memories (by DarkPath Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 12, 2016.

1. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Add me to the list of losing a game save. I have an iPhone SE with the current iOS and 32 gb of free memory. I did do a hard reset because I was having some trouble with another app so that could have something to do with it.

2. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Ok. I started over and got back to where I was when I lost my save. I'm at the manor house and I have a question.

I knocked on the door and heard what sounded like stone moving but I can't find anything that moved. I can't find the key to the other door either. In the shed there is a wooden barrel and the hand pops up to show I can interact with it but I can't pick it up for some reason. Is this barrel used to solve the puzzle and should I be able to pick it up? I'm just wondering if it's a glitch.

3. Darkpath

Darkpath Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Madrid, Spain
    Sorry, that should not be happening, when you knoc the door it should not sound like a rock, only KNOC KNOC and then a blow, and yes should be able to grab the barrel. I don't know what is happening with some devices, I've tested the save system hundreds of times and I can't reproduce the error, maybe there is a problem with the last iOS update.

4. morrissey

morrissey Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2014
    I agree about the controls and the boxes. I got back into replaying the game, after the game didn't save the first time, and the box part was maddening! My boxes were doing the same thing you are describing. I lost patience, walked away for a while and when I came back to play the game had, once again, not saved my progress. Unfortunately, I'm not going to play again until this is all fixed, these problems are way too frustrating! Such a shame because this game could be amazing.

5. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    #45 RHess00, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
    I hear the knock knock and then the blow and then it sounded like a rock or brick scraping against something but it's probably just my imagination. As far as the barrel, It's in the corner and I can push it a little. I just can't pick it up. Now that I know what I'm doing, it won't take me long to start over and get back to the barrel. I'll let you know if I still can't pick it up.

Try not to get discouraged with these bugs. You've got a great game here. Just needs some tweaks.

6. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    after few hours playing i must say that right control for look is very bad,also there is bug with monster,he is always on one place and sometimes he teleporting in front of me,sorry but i am dissapointed...also save system not work in manor

7. Darkpath

Oct 5, 2010
    Madrid, Spain
    I'm sorry to hear that... :/ monster teleportation is not a bug, is part of the game. I'm working on a new version.

8. Darkpath

Oct 5, 2010
    Madrid, Spain
    Hi, I have a question for those who have experienced problems with the save, When you press pause / save and exit, the game returns to the main menu? or just exits the application?

Thanks.

9. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    For me, save and exit takes me to the main menu. I've only lost one save though. Most of the time it works fine.

I also got back to the barrel and was able to pick it up this time.

10. morrissey

morrissey Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2014
    It returns to the main menu for me...sometimes the continue button is lit and available and sometimes it's not lit and you can only start a new game. There is no rhyme or reason to it other than it usually saves in the very beginning of the game, but the further into the game you get it no longer saves.

Also, sometimes when the continue button is available, after you hit continue it then exits out of the app automatically. Hope this helps!

11. Bradsen112

Bradsen112 New Member

May 16, 2016
    Bugs

Ok on the second building after one escapes from the first outpost.
    Game would only let me knock on the door and then click throught the dialog screen then that seemed to be it, however as i was exploring the rest of the grounds i managed to get on top of the perimiter wall and walked along the edge of the entire building then fell off when i got to the backside of the building and saw all of the inner framework... Then fell for like 10 secs into nothing but an all white screen and then could only hear myself walking... Didnt die and cant reset :) DERP!:D

12. Darkpath

Oct 5, 2010
    Madrid, Spain
    Wtf... how you managed to do that? that's more difficult than solve the puzzle itself xD

13. Bradsen112

Bradsen112 New Member

May 16, 2016
    Getting out of map

Haha :)
    Well... I of course did restart game and find the way into the manor
    To get onto the wall, one must walk backwards up the shack wall thats facing the manor (the one that houses the barrel) and jump forward and to the right :) The more difficult part is jumping over the pyramid shaped peaks on the entrance to the courtyard :)

14. Darkpath

Oct 5, 2010
    Madrid, Spain
    Hi guys, I'm uploading the new version 1.1 and will be available soon. I improved the controls, now are softer (no more stress xD), and objects no longer fall from your hands, I`ve also improved the save system.

;)

15. Salo.the.robot

Salo.the.robot New Member

May 19, 2016
    Microbiology
    Seattle
    #55 Salo.the.robot, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
    Entering safe code in mansion

16. Salo.the.robot

Salo.the.robot New Member

May 19, 2016
    Microbiology
    Seattle
    Actually immediately after posting it started working. Ha.

17. Darkpath

Oct 5, 2010
    Madrid, Spain
    Hi, the new version 1.1 is available.
    Improvements:

*Smoother controls
    *The objects no longer fall from your hands
    *Other bug fixes (save problems in some devices)

Regards ;)

18. Darkpath

Oct 5, 2010
    Madrid, Spain
    Come on, the mystery of Nowhere: Lost Memories awaits you! :)

[​IMG]

19. Darkpath

Oct 5, 2010
    Madrid, Spain
    Get inside the depths of Nowhere: Lost Memories. OoO

[​IMG]

20. Mry1975

Mry1975 Active Member

Dec 18, 2014
    Just completed the cog puzzle and the mansion door opens but I can't walk any further. Seems like a bug, anyone else having this problem?