NOW HIRING! (paid)

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by The prez 12521, Dec 23, 2009.

1. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I giggle at threads like this one :p

2. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    I giggle at you :p haha we all have ambitions

everyone interested please join http://forums.toucharcade.com/group.php?groupid=258 ! thanks, if you all really want, I may be able to post an old picture :D

3. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    a thread like this again? heh.

4. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    oh gee, im flattered you stopped in to say that!

5. Viper92107

Viper92107 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Hey, I'll be the music guy!

6. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Get a load of this guy, making jokes

7. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    So, what kind of game? You don't spoil too much by just saying "Tower Defense" or "Linedrawer"... c'mon ...

8. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    it will be a classic platform fighter. (i think...) i d k whats its really called

9. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Hmm... how many developers do you think you will need? I would maybe work for you (for free, because I won't be much of a help... I would see it as a good chance to practice App coding and learn a bit from other devs :D)

10. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    time for a new forum?

is it time for a new forum?

i am all for the younger and inspiring ones trying to build their own games; this is one of the many threads that have arisen; maybe - to remove the posts to noise ration the administrators consider setting up a separate section in the forum just for them? i dont know if it would help tho.

i think one of these guys should just invest in a domain; and setup a bunch of collaboration tools outside of toucharcade - it isn't hard to setup and you'll be left alone to do what you desire without the harshness of people who just dont believe anything will come out of it.

it takes more than a few willing people to design, create and publish a game. you'll find this out with time; presentation is one of the most important aspects; and just because you know some photoshop; it doesn't make you a design artist. i've been in this business for almost as long as the young ones are old; and i still hire artists and musicians to create art/audio/music for me. it costs money; money i hope to get returned with sales.

its all a big risk; but i'm having fun in the process. either your real about it; or forget it.

11. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    we would gladly accept your help! Just join the secret app project :D AFCC group. And we will fill you in!

And @mobile1up, haha that's where I love the app store and my generation. We were raised to think we can do whatever. So, we try to build apps. The good ones are good, bad ones and for money, were paying the people who wnat it. I'm like leading the project, but not taking pay. But, musicians/artists (pros and minors)/ devs/ will get pY ifthey want. I'm no *coughhardcoregMer*making people work for free. But thanks for your feedback, we would Gladys accept help ;) bt... Our team isalmost full...

As for more info on the app, the name will be App Fighters: Collision Course

12. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    #32 Yffum, Dec 26, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
    You little kids never learn, it's really too bad. There's absolutely nothing wrong with what you're doing. You should be ambitious and try to make big projects, but what you don't understand is it's a lot harder than you think. I'm 13 and would like to have an app out with my art in it, but I'm not going to do that by starting a huge company. You guys have no experience with the appstore and nobody can trust you, I know I wouldn't. What I'm doing is starting small. I'm working with one dev - yeah, you heard me. It only takes ONE developer to make a game - to make a game similar to Doodle Jump. Plain and simple. And, no, I'm not copying because the difference between my game and Doodle Jump is much bigger than the difference between Doodle Jump and Papijump. I don't expect this app to make anything, I just want to get an app out with my art. After I do people will trust me if I say I would like to make a big game that's going to take a lot of people, because they see that I already have an app out.

Edit: Hey, I'm a little kid too, but I seem to be the only one that understands you need to start small.

13. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    yffum!!! Hi :D haha, im understanding what your sayiung, completely. But, we did start small. I have an app going to the store soon of just basic air hockey with my art in it. 1 Dev, 1.5 artists. And for this project, it is relatively small. We are taking a lot of people who will volunteer a little to get experience, but we havce pros. who do trust us not to fail. We all have different techniques. And ours isn't lame. I have a consultant who is taken us through the project, step by step by step plus another step. I'm glad to hear what you all have to say, but don't diss....yet. Not everything works, especially on the app store. But, we will try our hardest and afterwords, we will see where we need to improve and then go up.

14. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Hi ;) Alright, the air hockey thing's believable. mflc actually PM'd me about it a while ago, but I'm working on something else. If that's the same app then your app has a chance. Just a little app like that already gives you a lot more respect in the forums.

15. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    I agree too. I started small with Bacteria Bash as my first game (very simple :)) and then Cheese Collect, a little better which earned me more, and I'm working on my next game, which is much more advanced than both of them, not to mention that I'm doing contract work for others at the same time :)

@Yffum: mlfc PMed me a while back too, but I didn't want to do it. :)

I think he's a kid too, cause he uses words like plz and u, and he actually believed me when I told him I'll work for 3 pesos a day (it was a joke). He PMed back asking how much that was in US dollars. :)

16. mflc

mflc Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    playing idevice games all day...and all night
    The North Pole
    I can't use abreviations? And it was a joke

17. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    I think he's trying to say it's not very proffesional.

18. kohjingyu

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    It isn't, really. He actually believed my story of working for 3 pesos a day, and asked me how much that was in US dollars. :)

That's Mexican currency by the way.

19. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    froggy are you still gonna help us???? Please :) i'll pay 3.5 pesos per day :) haha and yes yffum, it really does ;)

20. kohjingyu

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    I told you, I want to see a storyboard first before deciding.