iPad Nothing - Worst App Ever (For Now)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by dudehuge, Mar 16, 2009.

1. dudehuge

dudehuge Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
  2. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    It boggles my mind how incredibly stupid some of these apps are and yes while other good games are rejected. What kind of guideline does Apple have anyway?

3. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
  4. Would the fact that Nothing fails at being nothing worse than Knock On Wood fails at being something make Nothing the worse app?

That would be something.

5. This is hilarious. I almost had to check my calendar to make sure that this wasn't April Fools :p

6. ozron

ozron Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    IT Project Manager
    Melbourne, Australia
    I agree with @TheBrianPerryProject. This IS hilarious. Come on people, where's your sense of humour? I really don't see anything wrong with this. If people want to pay a buck for this, fine with me.

7. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    I wasn't surprised until I noticed it will cost you $1. Anyone want to TOFTT? :p

8. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Hang on, why is this crap?

It does exactly what it says, it does not promise anything it cannot deliver. Compare that to some games and other apps that are buggy, have poor graphics, do not get the updates they need.

This delivers on all counts.

Now if only they did one in green .....

9. dudehuge

Sep 7, 2008
    I did laugh when I saw it, then right after that, disgust for the review process.

But you missed the point of the post oz. There are great apps being rejected and blatantly retarded ones that get through. The fact that this is a paid app is even worse. It's also fine by me if people want to pay a dollar for this; their loss not mine. Me, I'd rather wipe my ass with the said dollar after a huge dump then flush it down the toilet. It's much better than this, plus I get to have a clean ass.

10. dudehuge

Sep 7, 2008
    Actually it's false advertisement. Based on the screens it has something, it has text. Just goes to show they even failed while doing Nothing.

11. Fome

Fome Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    It doesn't deliver on its promises at all. It's supposed to be about "nothing," but I definitely see "something." Not much, but it' still something. That's false advertisement.

12. Apple don't really have any say in an app being free or for pay.

The developer can submit it as a free app, and then change the price after it gets reviewed, or vis-versa.

That said, this does look pretty ridiculous, and the sad thing is it will probably sell more copies than my games!

13. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    It's stuff like this which degrades the app store, apple can't keep allowing stuff like this through especially for a money value. With nokia, android and windows mobile marketplaces coming out apple need to buck up.

14. Well, like I said in my last post, Appl doesn't know if the developer is going to charge for an app or not, as it could easily be submitted and reviewed at a free price point, and then put to 99 cents when it is in the store.

That said, the best way to help this sort of stuff die is to not give it the publicity the developers are going after.

15. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    this is app is funny for me. i don't get you guys - you don't have to buy it.

16. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Joke apps are not the problem.
    Crap search is a problem, indeterminate approval process is a problem, hidden rejection reasons are the problem, sorting correctly in the store is a problem, promoting more apps than the front page is a problem. There are more problems in the store itself. Music sells itself, apps need more attention than that which is something Apple have completely failed to grasp. They have no clue how to deal with the almost 20K and the people that lose out are not us the gamers but the devs. Apple don't give a **** because they get their cut. They have no incentive to make things right.

And this app? It's a joke. Less of a joke than some games I've bought too.