Universal Northgard (by Shiro Games & Playdigious)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Apr 12, 2021.

1. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    I don’t doubt that Northgard benefits the most out of these 3 for being on a pad especially when time is of the essence.

Here’s my final summary of the situation:

Northgard is clearly at its most playable on a pad sized screen and is a great experience as such but on a regular iPhone it doesn’t work well at all.
    Despite this, on a plus size phone I personally am enjoying it a great deal.

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  2. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Refund was approved. I’ll rebuy it if there’s any updates that make it more playable on an iPhone.

3. wonderbear

wonderbear Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I really want to like this game but as someone who has never played it before on any platform I am really struggling with the lack of information on how to play the game. I am constantly frustrated by not knowing how or why things work/don’t work. One example was trying to get a scout to explore a damaged house without realizing that I first had to claim all the map sections leading up to it and the section it resides in. Another is constantly sending workers to the wrong place or workers who I assign to a scout camp but then they immediately go back to villagers and the game does not say why and then I am wondering where my scout is a little while later.

Also, is there an in-game pause button at all?

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    To your thing about sending send works to scout camp to make scouts: click on the scout camp itself to find details about it. It will show 2/2 scouts already exist. Pretty sure it’s a building you can upgrade to make 3/3 if you really want to.

I get what you’re saying, but there’s also really not a lot extra to learn in this game. I’d suggest playing through the campaign, it steps you through the basics in a reasonable-ish way.

5. wonderbear

wonderbear Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    With the scouts, I had no scouts currently assigned. I guess they quit being villagers once they had scouted the whole map? This was the first map of the campaign.

Thanks, I played the first map a few times to try to get more familiar and that has helped. I think I will like this once I get a handle on how the UI works. Just wish I did not have to learn so much of it by trial and error.

6. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Update out. Adds gargantuan UI size, lol.
    Basically adds one more setting to the UI scaler. It does now mean some stuff is overlapping but it all seems usable so far, so if it’s bigger you want, it’s bigger you shall get!
    Seems ok on an Xs Max. Not sure how it’ll go on a smaller screen as while bigger UI might sound better, it may not at all be practical on a small screen.