Universal Nono Islands (by Illusion Labs)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#21 Anotherkellydown, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
    There aren't Game Center achievements, which is the only thing this is lacking IMO. Seems they'd be a perfect fit. Like "find all the secrets in a level", "beat a certain time", "finish all the levels on an island without restarting", "find all the tokens", etc.

Been enjoying it very much. Buying the checkpoint IAP made it a lot more fun. Was kinda surprised there were no ads whatsoever.

Thanks to the good imps, I picked it up. Thanks guys. This made one of my GotW nominations.

2. Tankpuz

Tankpuz Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Yes have to agree about the no ADS, it really rare lately to have a game that not bomb you with tones of AdS, so that really good and keep the pase much smoother

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Funny you should say that. Not only is the game basically a hardcore platformer, it also indirectly depicts decapitation and cannibalism. Think about that for a second. ;) Childish? :p

4. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Shark Bay boss level is kicking my butt. You are screwed if you are not super fast at the very beinning.

5. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Does that purchase give you all checkpoints for the game? I was under the impression that it was just for the current island you were on.

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    All of them. ;) Premium unlock, basically.

7. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Sweet, thanks. Don't know why I had the impression that it was per island. Bought the IAP and it's definitely a premium unlock purchase. :)

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Time doesnt start until your first move, so you can wait for the animation to cycle instead of mashing from the start.

9. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Yeah, but as a completionist, I always try and get the green coin, so having to turn, go forward, grab the coin, back up, and then start going again - at that point, at least one of the guys is ahead of me, and trying to me to be in the middle of the 2 of them almost always winds up in death. I think that I will have to do a 2 run solution, of puzzle pieces, and great coin and hopefully will get credit for both things at the end...

10. Greerjonsdottir

Greerjonsdottir New Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Marcus, hi! I'm getting stuck in Boulder Caye 3. I get past where the Boulder drops, and then I'm blocked in by Nono's. Is it a glitch?

11. primarymeter

primarymeter New Member

Jul 15, 2015
    #31 primarymeter, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    It's not a glitch. Here's a hint, let the Nono go first.

12. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    too bad There aren't Game Center achievements, which is the only thing this is lacking IMO. Seems they'd be a perfect fit. Like "find all the secrets in a level", "beat a certain time", "finish all the levels on an island without restarting", "find all the tokens", etc.

Been enjoying it very much. Buying the checkpoint IAP made it a lot more fun. Was kinda surprised there were no ads whatsoever.

13. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=259448][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265993][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265930][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265908][​IMG][/thread] [thread=266079][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265913][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265929][​IMG][/thread]

Nono Islands

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

July 9th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

14. BitStern

BitStern Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2014
  15. Sammibirt

Sammibirt New Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Heeeelp :(

I'm stuck on Boulder caye 4 like seriously how do I even do this ? I die straight away with that spider :/ can anyone help?:confused:

16. Dazzlemi

Dazzlemi Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I'm really digging Nono islands. I decided to go ahead and spend the 2.99 to unlock all save points to support the developer. LOTS OF FUN !

17. vanderwoo

vanderwoo New Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Hi there,
    you need to fall off the road exactly when the spider comes near you and then immediately return to the road and go quickly to the trampoline.
    Good luck!

18. Phoitrn

Phoitrn New Member

Jul 21, 2015
    #38 Phoitrn, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    I am stuck on Boulder Caye 1. how do I get the second piece of gold before the platforms sink?

19. Phoitrn

Phoitrn New Member

Jul 21, 2015
    I'm stuck there too.

20. sushibox

sushibox Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    It's so strange, whenever I open the app it immediately crashes. I'm wondering if it's my ios version, although I'm running 8.1.2 and that should be covered.