Non-working app, where do I go from here?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by reverse channel, Jul 22, 2009.

1. reverse channel

reverse channel Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    So yesterday night, I bought Soul Trapper from the App store. Since then, I've tried to play the game about six times, but it keeps crashing without saving my progress, forcing me to start over from the beginning of the game. I've tried restarting my iPod a couple of times, but it doesn't seem to help at all.

So what now? I've basically got a useless five dollar app that does nothing but frustrate me. Do I contact apple to tell the developers that there's a game breaking bug? Do I ask apple for a refund? I normally would just chalk it up as a loss, but five dollars is a lot to waste these days. Any help would be greatly appreciated. =]

2. DOG87

DOG87 Well-Known Member

try deleting it then reboot and reinstalling it. that work for me when my apps get f-up

3. nattylux

nattylux Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    If the above doesn't work, contact the developer. They have a support email on the app's page. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help you.

Just as a developer, there's nothing more frustrating than a bad review from an angry customer who never contacted you for help :(

4. reverse channel

reverse channel Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    That seemed to do it, it's running fine now. Thanks!

And thanks for breaking it down for me from the devs point of view, natty. I'll be sure to take your advice if I ever find myself in a situation like this again. =]