Noblemen: 1896 (Foursaken Media) - strategy + 3rd person cover based shooter

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Honestly I didn't even think about the year for planes - good thing it works out! :p But I mean really... this is an alternate reality so anything is fair game :p Bi-planes could be pretty cool for some future update or something *puts on list*.

It is an interesting thing for sure... we're not really worried about if we had to post numbers or whatever though, because its all pretty standard stuff, ie "increasingly diminishing chances for increasingly better equipment". In the end for us, the goal with setting up good random numbers is simply for the player to feel like they're progressing at an appropriate pace ;)

That being said... I believe only HC2 and War Tortoise have lots of randomized stuff :p Adventure Co. and other games had some randomized elements, but they were really never central to the game.

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Was just poking fun at the fact that you guys make such good games, they have never relied on pesky, rotten random loot crates! So of course, should be little concern on your end. (God bless you guys!)

Supercell on the other hand...

3. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    So I understand there will be 4 classes to choose from, will customization from that point on be pretty comparable to H&C2 (I believe you said this previously)?

Could we get some insight into the types of skills and classes we'all see?

4. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Yeah, so "classes" in this game are actually more accurately called "loadouts" :p Each loadout has a few specific weapons to choose from that you'll unlock over time, as well as some general buffs active only with that loadout (ex: a support loadout gets +health, -speed). These loadouts are not "permanent" choices or paths you go down like in HC2... you can change your loadout every battle, giving you some tactical flexibility based on the current situation, as well as of course just general preference - however, you do level up individual loadouts based on playtime. You also have one armor for your hero (regardless of your class/loadout) that you can customize/upgrade, similar to HC2 armor.

5. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

[​IMG]

Oh, and a quick screenshot showing off some cavalry :)

6. jekct1212

jekct1212 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2016
    they look so glorious!!!

7. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    If the horse goes down in battle, can the rider still use it for cover?

Thanks

8. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

We actually toyed with the idea of having cavalry be able to dismount/be alive after the horse dies, but have kept them as a single unit mostly for the sake of gameplay - so if the horse dies, the unit riding dies as well. Because units operate cohesively as a regiment/squad (behind the scenes, they basically follow the orders of a single squad leader), it would suck to have a few stragglers who got their horses shot chasing after the rest of their regiment that still are riding :p

That being said, when vehicles, cannons, and mounted weapons (like gatling guns) are destroyed, they do indeed remain on the battlefield and can be used as cover :)

9. jekct1212

Nov 29, 2016
    Do the calvalry carry guns?

10. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Oh my god, this is going to be big.

11. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Very cool! So sounds a bit similar to how Battlefield handles its classes? (In a good way!) I like the amount of flexibility it allows, will be a bit different to what we're used to!

And holy cow that horse looks fantastic!

12. jekct1212

Nov 29, 2016
    I'm already seeing glorious Waterloo-esque Cavalry charges!!!

13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Will guns have ammo counts and reloads? Or will it work like the engineer's cannon in H&C2?

14. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Needless to say, my wallet's ready and I'm EXCITED!! :D

I just love how you are so considerate and don't aim to "foursake" your customers! Thank you very much for your consideration in supporting the lower-end iOS devices and firmwares. War Tortoise amazingly supports as even as low as iOS 6.0, which is a great feat these days; I'm rocking an iPad Air 2 on iOS 8, so I have faith that my device will also be supported.

Whether free (like War Tortoise) or paid (like Heroes & Castles 2) [I prefer paid of course, especially for a game of this magnitude], you've got my full support! You've proven yourselves over the years as one of the few superior indie developers that know how to deliver a REAL game! :)

15. jdawg101

jdawg101 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Will this game have multiplayer? The reason I ask this is because one of my favorite parts about block fortress and I think heros & castles 2 was the multiplayer. (Especially the co-op)

16. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Oh boy... multiplayer in this? I can only imagine

17. adamlax

adamlax Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Male
    This look super cool. I can't wait. Your games never let down.

18. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Foursaken has cultivated this wonderfully masochistic and inclusive stance on multiplayer - time and time again they reveal statistics that show that very few of us ever play their games online. And yet they insist on adding some of the most fun and solid coop and PvP modes in the biz.

And I for one am very glad they do. I've played every multiplayer-enabled Foursaken title online with friends, and had some of the most fun times ever on my iPhone in Bug Heroes 2, Monster Adventures and Heroes & Castles 2 multiplayer.

I don't know if being so considerate of a minor or niche market segment is profitable. But it sure as heck makes the gaming experience better for it.

19. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Guns will have clips and reload times... there are a whole host of gun types, such as full auto, semi auto, burst fire, single shot, etc... we've got bullet drop, recoil, range modifiers (ie, damage and armor piercing get reduced at long range, depending on a weapons "effective range"), bleed, and heavy caliber weapons have a chance to shoot through units. We're trying to make sure the gunplay aspect is legit :)

Multiplayer is on the list, but I can't guarantee anything about MP right now. Tentatively we're planning for an async mode, where players will take turns playing on the overworld/macro game, while battles will be handled via AI on both sides. We'd also like to do traditional "deathmatch" style real time battles as a separate mode... but again, nothing is set in stone in regards to multiplayer, including if and when it ever gets implemented >_<

20. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    The gun aspects... awesome. Will add a huge amount of depth!

In reference to the multiplayer, I guess our best hope is that this game is uber successful so it warrants it!