Noblemen: 1896 (Foursaken Media) - strategy + 3rd person cover based shooter

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

[​IMG]

Steam Tank: has a front mounted gatling gun for shooting on the move, and will turn broadside to fire its twin cannons when it has a good firing place.

The other cool part about armor and vehicles is that we have directional armor with different properties. Attacking a tank from the rear for ex allows a much easier chance to pierce the armor. We also even have crew locations and important vehicle components modeled so that it is actually possible to penetrate a steam tank's armor, and still shoot right through it without touching any crew or engine systems (dealing minimal damage). Likewise, there are also chances to inflict some ailments, like if you penetrate the wheel, there is a chance to immobilize it, etc.

No comment on the next game quite yet ;) Re: font, heh... guess its just a matter of opinion :p when I look back at those games they all look completely different. BF header font has lowercase letters and is totally blocky, and HC2 is very stylized compared to the super clean, simple font here and in War Tortoise :p Ah well... I imagine most fonts start to look similar after a while.

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Cannons on the side? Very interesting. Will be like a ship! And also expose the rear a bit more to get the best firepower...

Will any Civil War lasers be sneaking their way in?

3. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Hope we get a shoulder mounted canon ball launcher to deal with those tanks !

4. jekct1212

jekct1212 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2016
    Nah man, a calvary charge can take that thing:D:D

5. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Will there be any sort of urban maps? Or will it generally stick to civil war-esque wide open plains

6. jekct1212

Nov 29, 2016

I'm guessing you can kill crew by shooting those slits?

7. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

No super advanced weaponry like lasers yet... but I could definitely see some of the hypotheticals get a bit more advanced in the future (things like Tesla technology, etc).

Right now we do indeed plan to have towns, cities, and a harbor to battle in, among other natural environments as well.

You can indeed :)

8. jekct1212

Nov 29, 2016
    Can you take the enemies color's?

9. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    #69 JCho133, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    Haha! This started as a joke but that could actually turn out quite cool... another slight nudge towards steampunk without going all Codename Steam/The Order 1886

Harbor! Very very neat. Will be interested by the close[r] quarters of those maps. And a forest/partially wooded area would be quite spooky/tactical.

Any sort of naval units that will make an appearance? Maybe some sort of support card that calls in a naval bombardment, only available in the harbor. Not sure if the system in place would allow for that

10. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Not quite sure how we're handling colors or broad customization yet.

There are indeed naval units, including an iron clad ship ;) The large support units like airships and naval units can actually support armies at long range, meaning that if they are within an adjacent tile when a battle is engaged, you'll actually see those big units waaaay in the distance of the battle, launching (inaccurate), random cannon fire at the enemy.

Artillery (and even moreso heavy artillery on naval ships and airships) can also attack kind of like in advance wars at long range, where it goes to a screen showing them bombard, and then it goes to show the damage done to the army on the other tile. In other words, you actually only engage in a playable ground battle with your hero if its tile on top of tile combat (again, otherwise it'll play out similar to advance wars in terms of long ranged combat).

11. jekct1212

Nov 29, 2016
    I needed this game yesterday!

12. jekct1212

Nov 29, 2016
    Any other cool screenshots or videos you can show? Waiting for this and Ultimate General: Civil War and college decisions is almost too much to bear:D

13. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Okay.... wow. Even better than I could have ever expected. That's extremely cool... so the game is a big board where you play your units, and depending on the placement of these units it determines your opportunités in battle? So cool

14. jekct1212

Nov 29, 2016
    Will there be naval battles?

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    What made you pick the year 1896?

16. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

There are indeed naval ships, but there primary purpose is to support army units on land at long range. They can bombard each other as well, so in a way yes, there are indeed naval battle ;)

Somewhere in between civil war and WWI.

17. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    It's also before Orville and Wilbur Wright, right? :D

With all this land/air/sea battle, there HAS to be a ton of units.

18. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Funny because I was thinking Noblemen 1903 sounded pretty nice... now I know it's Foursaken's sneaky way of not having planes :p

19. jekct1212

Nov 29, 2016
    Shhhhhhhhh...

20. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Sorry Foursaken, I know you guys love to include content locked behind random loot box drops, but looks like China is making that a bit harder for you... :(

:p