Noblemen: 1896 (Foursaken Media) - strategy + 3rd person cover based shooter

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    I think most people use MFI controllers in a way that they will have the screen to hand in front of you, like with the Nintendo switch (particularly if you have a Gamevice), and I think it would work pretty well with being able to manoeuvre the units around on the tactical maps using the touchscreen then when you enter the battle to fight as third person switch to the controller

Realise its not top priority however, but chalk me up as someone definitely interested in using a controller should support be coded in

2. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Yeah that would definitely be the way to go, IMO! Last time we tried that in BH2 though, we got a lot of complaints about not having "full" mfi support... if we can't figure it out, we'll probably do something along the lines of what you mentioned.

3. Sgt. Steakfries

May 5, 2017
    Hey, what MFI controller do you recommend?

Also, could you put in a link?

4. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Theres quite a range so I find its best to think about what would suit you the best, ill list a few of the best ones

1) Gamevice – personally my favourite since Gamevice are really driving MFI gaming and so I like to support them, their generation 2 controller is excellent with an Xbox thumbstick layout (thumbsticks at the top) and since it uses a lightning connection it connects instantly and in theory has less lag – Downsides are that it does mean removing any case on your phone/tablet when you use it, plus if you get one for your iphone its not going to work for your ipad!
    https://gamevice.com/
    2) Steel series nimbus – This is the “apple TV” controller of choice which was pushed by apple – rock solid with Playstation layout of controls but doesn’t have a grip so not ideal for iphones
    https://steelseries.com/gaming-controllers/nimbus
    3) Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i micro – personally my favourite Bluetooth controller due to the xbox layout which I prefer, Bluetooth means you can use on either iphone or ipad, uses AAA batteries which I also prefer as they last ages – downside is that the grip for the iphone isn’t great and breaks easily
    http://www.madcatz.com/gamepads/ctrli.php
    4) Steel series stratus – hard to get hold of new but if portability is your thing then this is ideal – it is the smallest controller by far so easily pocketable but has no grips so isnt ideal for iphones
    https://steelseries.com/gaming-controllers/stratus-wireless

5. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Only 15 more days right?
    I can't wait for this game one of my most anticipated games of the year

6. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Yep - countdown!

7. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Hi!

Will this be a premium title? Can you tell us anything about the launch price? Will there be IAP:s?

//Pedroapan

8. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

It will be free. Most of our testers didn't even know though, and several actually completed the campaign after a few weeks (without any IAP available) - so we've tried our best to not have any kind of paywall. At the very least, you'll be able to try for yourself, judge it, and move on without spending a dime if you're not satisfied!

Our goal in general with monetization is to have any players that buy IAPs buy them bc they want to - not because the need to... hopefully that works out as intended.

9. slikaroo

slikaroo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Offline?

Will the game be server based? Or will we need an internet connection to play? Most of your games aren't and it would really suck if this one does

10. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

#510 Foursaken_Media, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    It is offline!

11. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Sounds good! Will be happy to throw a couple of bucks your way when it is released.

Soo... Maybe time for more game play-vids?

//Pedroapan

12. slikaroo

slikaroo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Yes!!!

Awesome! Instabuy!!!

13. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    YES! So pumped for this bad boy. Going to be sick.

Im going to feel bad playing this for free. Looks like too much love went into this for not not to be paid.

14. RunnyBagel

RunnyBagel Member

Jun 30, 2017
    Will there be multiplayer in the release or will it planned for the future? If not it isn't a deal breaker, this game will be good either way!

15. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Well make sure to drop at least a ten or fifteen dollar "tip" for a quality, premium level game from some of the best bros in the biz....

It really is one of their most balanced at launch games... IAP will only expedite the process, as is the status quo for FM.

16. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I'm sure it's very balanced after that currency exploit you showed me...

Oh wait... oops! #

17. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Watch it I am in long term good standing with Jamie, Connor, etc... if they found out I shared the special steam punk mecha bot unlock I will never beta test again lol.

Man.... if this does well, those would make some cool additions! :D

18. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Don't forget the pirate hat that boosts charisma by 200%!! #

19. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Multiplayer is not in for launch, however it is definitely something we would love to add!

20. Aurelien.L

Aurelien.L Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    Incredible!