Noblemen: 1896 (Foursaken Media) - strategy + 3rd person cover based shooter

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Now this makes complete sense about your comments on having no other ideas to add to your war tortoise game!

2. Shykeryso

Shykeryso Active Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Will there be flying units like hot air balloons, war balloons (I suppose planes are a bit later on in history)?
    Cavalry units?

Will the hex map that you mentioned involve the ocean/naval operations (even if it's just to transport units)?

I also noticed the flag-bearer/bannerman holding an American flag in the picture. Are you America by default? Can you switch nations? Are there different flags and armor/weapons for each nation if so? Or is this like another civil war?

Sorry for so many questions! I'm just so hyped for this game!

3. Airsoftpopcorn

Airsoftpopcorn Active Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Will this be release early 2017?

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This sounds absolutely excellent... Battlefield 1 who?!

In reference to the above: so new units unlock in a linear fashion? Any way to sort of focus on a certain strategy will it be the same game for everyone?

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just found out about this, and im fangirling right now! Huge 4saken fan here, and H&C2 is among my most favorite games of alltime. Till playing the game from time to time too.

This news is... this is news. Woohoo!

6. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Wow great surprise! I've played all of your games, still play a few, and can't wait to play those one. From the little bit u have shown it is a must have for me. Hopefully it comes soon or has a beta I can get in to. Cheers!

7. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

You only control your hero directly.

Yep, there are indeed war blimps - the Frigate for ex has 4 cannons on each side, can support a battle from close or long range, and can bombard from long range on the overworld (in these cases it plays out similarly to Advance Wars, where the action is handled in a non-playable battle screen of sorts).

There is also cavalry.

And yes, there are water tiles, as well as boats. In general, boats and airships' main role is to support other armies with artillery from long range (but of course do other things as well).

For release, we'll probably go with more generic, fictional flags (as opposed to nation flags). Flag customization is something we're still sorting through though. As of now, there are not different nations/factions.

That is what we're shooting for as of right now!

8. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Units actually do not unlock linearly. Units are more about general roles in this game (in other words, new units add variety), as opposed to semi-hard counters like they were in HC2, so there isn't as many requirements in terms of a strict unlock progression.

Also, battle cards will determine a lot of how any single game/map plays out... so players will be able to specialize based on their preferences on a map-to-map basis, from decking out low level squads to become very strong, to debilitating the enemy, to massing units, etc. With battle cards, they are basically single game modifiers on top of your persistent upgrades - so you can really play in a variety of ways, based on preference and what kind of cards are drawn.

9. Shykeryso

Shykeryso Active Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Thanks for the answers!

By the way, I found it very impressive that you guys were able to add 60+ units for you game, that's at least 20 more than H&C2 (41 units)!

10. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Oops, I guess that was worded poorly. I meant that battles are between 60+ units at a time, not that there are 60+ unit types >_<

11. Shykeryso

Shykeryso Active Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Ohhh, I gotcha. It was hard to tell if you meant new units or pop limit. Haha, no worries! That still means large-scale battles!

12. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Release day? Or month?

13. Best75

Best75 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    What devices will the game support?

14. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Can't say quite yet, but we're shooting for sometime in the first quarter of next year.

Nothing is definitive until we get closer to launch, but we're shooting for iPhone 5 and up for phones, but we're not sure about iPads yet (the iPad 3 and 4 are really tricky beasts bc of their super high rez but relatively low specs). Ipad Air 1st gen for sure will be supported and be able to run the game well, its just a matter of whether we can squeeze iPad 3/4 (maybe even iPad 2) in there running at low graphics quality... or not. Hope to have more news on final requirements once we get closer to launch.

15. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Interesting! This is shaping up to provide some very different strategy compared to what we're used to in Foursaken games.... Love it!

16. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Controllers?

MFi Support?

17. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Apple TV?

How about Apple TV?

18. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Not quite sure about this for this game yet... and the reasoning would be more about raw feasibility (most of other games have controller support - but sometimes its a matter of feasibility). There is a lot of touch based stuff going on in this game, so I can't promise anything yet. We usually do a controller pass towards the end of release, so I should have more news on that later.

No plans for Apple TV support as of right now >_<

19. General Vodka

General Vodka New Member

Nov 21, 2016
    Alpha or Beta, count me in ! Loved H&C.

20. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Out of the woodwork we come whenever the brothers let slip their next title ;) Soon we will have achieved our heinous ambition of conditioning TA to associate our presence in the forums with high quality game news!

But man, I can hardly remember a handful of games, not even among Foursaken's pristine list of releases, I've been as enthused for as Noblemen: 1896...