Universal Noblemen: 1896 (By Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Aug 30, 2017.

1. jdawg101

jdawg101 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2015
    #161 jdawg101, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    I have an issue with the new update, I usually play NM offline so when my officers die or my loadout dies I can't do anything about it. I don't really want to spend gold on stuff like that anyways though because I'm trying to get the 590 crate. I feel like the jump from 120 to 590 is kinda wide. Also leveling up your character to tedious imo too. Somehow the enemy out-ranks you in terms of weapons and units pretty early on. That's all I have to say about the game so far. (I'm at mission 14 at the moment)

Edit: I would also like to ask if I should buy the 120 with my 199 gold or save for the 590 crate?

2. marcus76

marcus76 Active Member

May 14, 2015
    I noticed that when I upgrade the rate of fire of a weapon, it seems to shoot slower ... I am not 100% sure as we can not revert the upgrade to compare before and after. Could you check ?

3. Gameboy98

Gameboy98 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2017
    Eat, sleep, get good grades
    Earth
    Is this more like call out duty or battlefield?

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Excellent review!

Any news on the Earthshaker Cannon bug? I keep dealing less than 50% damage with it

I would say neither.... but definitely Battlefield

5. Jrcat2

Jrcat2 Member

Sep 3, 2017
    #165 Jrcat2, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    I think it's 50% of their current health so if the have 80% health it does 40% damage, that's what it does for me at least.
    It's easy to destroy a base with the artilery battery army, because it does 20 - 30% damage (10% per cannon) to the enemy base and can sit out of bombardment range.

6. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

I see what's going on here

7. Moocow124

Moocow124 New Member

Sep 6, 2017
    I'm wondering is there a reason we cannot choose our own units? Setting up supply values for each unit would work no? Otherwise loving the game guys. P.S. With the right touches, this game could have a mode like those battle simulators.

8. marcus76

marcus76 Active Member

May 14, 2015
    BEFORE : 1888 rifle has rate of fire of 0.6s
    GOT UPGRADE FIRING PIN : +5% rate of fire
    AFTER : 1888 rifle has rate of fire of 0.7s

:confused:

9. Luckithroe

Luckithroe Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    It seems like those who are complaining about paywall sometimes say that just because they want the mechanics to be different (not to mention consistent free updates) without having to pay a cent. Don't get me wrong, not everyone should feel they need to pay money, and I realize it's impossible for young kids to appreciate the time, effort and money that goes into making these experiences for mobile, but man... Sometimes I wish there was a way to better filter (not allow them to play at all) the un-appreciative out, but alas there can't be </rant>

10. Luckithroe

Luckithroe Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010

Please don't dumb down the game too much by removing things like bullet drop and trajectory simulation, or lease a "realism" (I realize it's not a sim but...) mode. Thanks again for this amazing project!

11. marcus76

marcus76 Active Member

May 14, 2015
    I Agree, realism is key

12. marcus76

marcus76 Active Member

May 14, 2015
    Does someone use the commands (stop, target, follow...) for the units during the battle ? So far I just let my units do their business while I am flanking the enemy killing their heavy units and Noblemen

13. AdelTruth

AdelTruth Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Battle packs

i got question, why at 1st battle supplies price 550gold, then 590gold and now 670 gold? the price increase according to level ?

14. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Will check it out - good find!

I think I'd like to go back in and rename hard to "realistic" or something... maybe have 1 life per battle, more realistic bullet drop, etc.

That is definitely a viable thing. Pro tip: if you give a walking unit a move command, they will run instead of walk to that location - good for quickly flanking a rooted enemy, for ex.

As you unlock more stuff, the chests become more valuable.

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I think a happy medium would be to increase the the bullet drop again again but keep the bullet speed increased... just a thought.

Also I'm finding with units like the Steam Carriage, I'm shooting in the supposed armor gap where the machine gun sticks out, but still getting the yellow hit marker. Do I need to be more accurate or is that not an actual armore gap?

One more big thing... I find the Landship is underperforming quite a bit. After several matches I have never seen it use its front machine gun, and it often spends so much time trying to rotate to be directly aiming at an enemy with its side guns that it hardly ever shoots, and when it does, it tends to miss or shoot the ground in front of the enemy

16. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

I think if anything we'll go back and do some tweaks to hard... we have to be careful now that we have a 5 star average on iTunes with 2500+ reviews...

Re: steam carriage - if you're shooting through the front gap, you'll just hit the gatling gun itself... I don't think there is any room there. you can maneuver around at an angle and hit the wood frame and possibly hit the crew that way. Also don't forget about spread... we're actually making the bullets a tad bigger so players can better see how their bullets are reacting to the spread - should help in seeing your accuracy - i think right now after we increased the bullet speed, you can hardly seem the tracer fire on small arms at all.

Re: landships - I tend to agree. Their might be a bug with their gatling gun also... but they only shoot it while driving towards their target. We're going to look into a few tweaks to make this vehicle as deadly as it should be.

Also, we're working hard on releasing a new update soon... First update will be more gameplay improvements and bug fixes... going to be looking into some campaign improvements as well. Right now looking to revamp the supply mechanic to make movement more meaningful and important, and quite a bit simpler. In a nutshell, armies will be able to move 3 tiles per turn, period (ie, they'll have 3 supply - HOWEVER, supply will now recharge fully at the start of each turn). If they're caught with 0 supply though, they will be vulnerable in combat, otherwise no penalties - should be a much more simple system, but actually increase the strategy in moving your units, and avoiding the enemy. Will also make captured territory more important (moving for free across them).

After that we're going to focus on new content... like adding in this guy (WIP):

[​IMG]

Fun fact: in the American Civil war, the Union was actually offered war elephants from allies overseas... they decline, of course. But this is an alternate reality, so we can imagine, can't we? :p

17. Lurchroboter

Lurchroboter Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2016
    Will you be able to do something abouth the heating and battery drain soon? Would really love to get into this game, but holding off for now, mainly due to the extreme heating (iPhone 7+).

18. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Yeah, although its important to note that its totally fine for the device to get hot during graphically intense games. The app will force close if it ever gets too hot (which, it likely won't even if the device feels really hot - it takes a LOT to actually get to that point, ie its practically impossible to happen from an app). I usually have my phone literally running anywhere from 6-12 hours of the game every day while testing and its fine (and have been for the past year of development :p). Battery drain is also always going to be high in graphically intense games, and games that use lots of CPU.

Not saying you should do anything you don't want to do, but just pointing it out.

That being said, we'll be introducing a few new levels of options, including a battery saver option that should help quite a bit - it won't look as good or be as smooth, though.

19. AdelTruth

AdelTruth Member

Sep 6, 2017
    game crash

guys, need help, i attack enemy's base, then when the animation shows base attack my soldier, game force close. everytime i continue that will happened. what should i do? currently level 8 global,and i have claimed T6 skirmish prize once. how can i get that back?

20. TheJoey4

TheJoey4 Active Member

Jan 30, 2013
    5 stars just like all foursaken media's other games- by far my favorite ios game developer!!

Edit for gammer issues #