Universal Noblemen: 1896 (By Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Aug 30, 2017.

1. defaultchar

defaultchar Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Yeah, want to echo that the game does pretty desperately need a "play lower difficulty skirmishes" option: I apparently screwed up or did something wrong early, and got to the point where my level 5 militia are facing off against my opponent's level 4 Cavalry. It's... not super enjoyable. Honestly wouldn't care if it gave low rewards: Just having something to do where I have a winrate of <20% would be lovely, as my wins right now are coming from "Opponent RNGs an unplayable team composition"

2. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Noted - will try to whip something up for the 2nd update!

3. Jrcat2

Jrcat2 Member

Sep 3, 2017
    Loving the game

I realy enjoy this game so far. I am about half way through the campaign and my only complaint is that there is this bug that make the game crash when the enemy fortress bombards your units inside a strategic tile. Forcing you to have to quit the campaign mission and restart. This is only a problem on extremely small maps. Not sure if anyone else has this issue but I play on an iPad Pro.

Some thing that would be cool to add is to let us spend extra war point to chose exactly what units we want in an army,

One question I have is can you price the armor on the front of Gatling gun type weapons with armor piercing weapons or is it 100% chance that it stops your bullets?

4. marcus76

marcus76 Active Member

May 14, 2015
    Yes it would be great to let us choose our armies and battle card deck. It would add an extra strategy dimension

5. marcus76

marcus76 Active Member

May 14, 2015
    Great game, however, rewards for skirmish and campaign are too low

6. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

You can pierce it - there is no armor in the game you cannot pierce, if I recall (though I believe its still something like a 50% chance to block most AP weapons on those thick shields).

Gold or Silver (mainly)?

We're looking at a couple of things right now to up the rate of resource, including adding another crate you can watch an ad to open, and probably increasing the amount of silver your convoy gives

7. marcus76

marcus76 Active Member

May 14, 2015
    Mainly silver, i got provisions of XP for armor, unit and officers but I don't have silver enough to upgrade at a fair pace. 50 to 100 silver for a struggling skirmish or a 60min campaign is very low compared to the related effort and stress ;-)

8. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Agreed. We've gone back and significantly raised the silver across the board, including from the silver convoy and especially from the campaign as you continue to progress (i believe its currently a static amount per mission completed - changing it to ramp up considerably with each new map completed).

That won't be in this first update (already submitted it >_<), but will be in after that! We'll give a retroactive "payback" to everyone, so don't worry about waiting for the update to get the extra silver ;)

9. marcus76

marcus76 Active Member

May 14, 2015
    Great news ! Thanks a lot !

10. defaultchar

defaultchar Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Oh, whoa, did not parse how active you guys are Oo

Well, in any case, just wanted to say that despite the currency rate/ flat power/ battery issues, the core gameplay here is really, really fun. I'm not quite sold on the war maps yet (They're cool, but they seem less "Strategy" and more "Thin veneer for repeated battles". ...But the battles are fun, so whatever), but just skirmishing over and over is a jolly good time, and seeing the large hordes fight is cool. Seems like the game will get much better with the next few patches, so... looking forward to it! :D

11. marcus76

marcus76 Active Member

May 14, 2015
    During a campaign, I sometime prefer to make it last longer (usually to enjoy the winning trend) and I feel upset being forced to use the Earthshaker. Would it be possible in a future version to postpone the shooting ? I don't want to move my units from strategic points otherwise enemy might retake them.

12. marcus76

marcus76 Active Member

May 14, 2015
    Would it be possible in a future version to play a randomized map with configurable parameters ?

13. Excalipur

Excalipur Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    You mean the second? The first update hasn't fixed this.

Attached Files:

14. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

I believe to fix this you have to use the fuse xp card that was generated on a different officer, and the slot will come back - after that the bug shouldn't happen again.

15. Excalipur

Excalipur Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    #155 Excalipur, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    I had done that. The officer I decomissioned, Kentucky Baldwin, despite not being shown next to Dearing there, is still fighting in battles.

Edit: Nevermind. I did still have a fusion card. Nice work!

16. marcus76

marcus76 Active Member

May 14, 2015
    Hello, regarding close-combat system, I really enjoyed H&C system, finding it more realistic and immersive. The close combat system for Noblemen is more passive, waiting for an icon to click on it. May be I am dreaming, but It would had a higher dimension to the battles, having the H&C close-combat for Noblemen :)

17. G-money

G-money Active Member

May 15, 2016
    Anyone know how armor works? It seems different than H&C 2 since some units have over 100 armor and others have over 100 piercing. Anyway, really enjoying the game so far.

18. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Armor is mostly represented by the actual, physical armor model (ie, a helmet protects the head). The value itself also affects melee, and reduces base damage a bit if the bullet isn't armor piercing.

19. pipja

pipja Member

Feb 7, 2012
    I want to like the game, but oh god the controls are clumsy... Deleted

20. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

I'd love to get more feedback on this, if you don't mind - anything you can mention that can help us tune it. Do you mean button placement? Something else?