Universal Noblemen: 1896 (By Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Thanks for that last response dev I think I understand some things a little more
    Appreciation

2. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Ok so I just finished the first five levels and I have a few questions. Really enjoying it so far although there are a few things I think could be worked on.

First question. When you unlock new recruits do they automatically join in an army? Or do I need to put "equip" them in an army.
    Second. Do each levels start your army as randomly generated and fresh (as in unhurt) or does it carry over from previous levels?

A few reservations I have so far are these: Vaulting over cover is very unpredictable and strange. Most of the time I just tap around till he vaults or I can't do anything and have to walk around. This can be really annoying in the heat of battle. I have noticed that the vault button comes up but it doesn't seem to every time I'm actually in cover. Second, when aiming and zooming in, it seems to pop around to the left. Is is auto targeting someone or am I pressing the wrong button? Not quite sure. Also, the zoom is very wonky in the tactical battle menu during battles. I zoom and it kinda flys all over the place.

Otherwise, totally enjoying and will need to keep playing around. The free system seems totally fair to me and I don't see any need to pay at all. That said, I would love to buy something. What do y'all recommend as the best purchase?:)
    Thanks Foursaken for another great game! Y'all rock

3. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

1. Unlocking new units basically makes them available to spawn in the relevant armies. Its automatic though, so the more units you unlock the larger variety and potentially higher strength any given army can be (based on the randomly chosen units)
    2. Armies are brand new each new levels

Re: vaulting, it should be you simply look in the direction you want to vault while in cover, and press the button.

Re: aiming, are you playing easy? I can't remember if there might be some holdover auto aim stuff in there that we didn't fully remove. Also, there is an auto aim option in the options - I guess can you make sure thats off?

4. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #84 JCho133, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    Thanks for the answers above! Would love to see some of that implemented.

Another question... is there a way to know how well your army will do against an enemy base? Such as, will an anti-armor army do better against buildings than a non-anti-armor?

Or do all armies in the same Tier share the same stats? And is their Supply the only thing that affects this?

Also, when I click Help nothing comes up. Is there possibly a menu that compiles the meanings of all the different in-combat icons?

5. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    As much as I wanted to like this game...... it's not happening. It's just overly complicated and confusing for my tastes. It tries to cover all the genres and fails flat. Oh, and IAP's are totally messed up and unfair. Having that great engine on hand , just make a great beach head shooter , with deep mechanics and upgrades, that only Forsaken can come up with . I know you can do this guys. I'll be waiting for that day. Cheers

6. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

There are only 2 tiers of siege damage: unit damage, and artillery damage. Obviously, artillery damage does a ton more... otherwise everything else deals "infantry damage."

7. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Thanks for the answer above! Just one more...

What do the cannon and wall icons mean on the Bombard option?

Attached Files:

8. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Ok another issue i have with the game. The battery. I mean staying in the menu and after 3 minutes the phone is literally burning. I do not even scroll the menu i just stay there. I have the graphics settings to medium but even then the phone burns. Iphone 7 plus ios 10.2.1

9. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Thanks! Shame about TV support.. your games would look amazing on the big screen :)

10. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Thats when you have both an artillery army and a building that can bombard on the same tile - you can toggle off the building/army separately to bombard as needed.

We're going to be looking into a battery saver option (30fps, lower graphics), which should help out a ton.

11. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    I am loving the game,I have to be honest.The controls work almost perfect,graphics are pretty good,and the AI seems to behave well in combat.I hate the fact that you don't actually participate much in melee combat other than just tapping an onscreen pop up every now and again.Also I love the strategic map that has been added and you can capture points,love the large cannon that comes out of your HQ and shoots the enemy HQ.There is a lot of goodness in this game in terms of clever mechanics but I am also seeing it takes time for my armies to return from battle both in Skirmish and Campaign,so the F2P elements start kicking in very early which by my guess means a couple more missions finished and things will start getting hard and not enjoyable at all and by what I am reading in previous comments that seems to be the case.I have to admit I come from a time when Foursaken games used to be preemium-HC 1 and 2(I know the second one went f2p afterwards).I loved those games but I paid for them and I could get enjoy them as much as I wanted without timers and without any extra money spent.F2P however will kill this game and reviews from site such as PocketGamer aren't helping.There are some minor glitches in the game too,fps isn't great on my device and there are some serious stutters every now and again even on lowered settings.The draw distance also doesn't seem great and plants are constantly coming up on your screen which starts to bother you after a while.

But again-biggest issue and what will ultimately bury this game is the F2P.It worked sort of okay in titles such as War Turtle(Tourtouise or whatever) but it just isn't working well here.

12. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    You've just described the game War Tortoise.

13. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    I just hope that you and other TA members are aware of the fact that FM actually listens to feedback and does what it can to make the game better,they've been with us for a very long time.Just remember that they are indie developers and they don't have 40 more brothers game developers (lol).
    They are still improving,slowly and steadily.

14. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Whoa - the game just hit the #10 free game! :eek:

I also just want to reiterate that we're listening, and will be working on peoples' concerns! I think the first update will be some quick quality of life things, like sensitivity option, invert y, disable double tap to turn around, an option to rearrange some of the buttons (so you can move the run button to the right of the screen, if you prefer, and readjust for ipad preference), change the revive/repair cost for officers and loadouts to be lower, etc - and also probably some small but important gameplay tweaks, like higher damage at longer range.

Would like some feedback on these couple of changes we're thinking about as well...
    - lower bullet drop (should make shooting at longer ranges less realistic, but more reliable)
    - faster bullet speed (easier to hit at longer ranges and moving targets)

15. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Hi fm would be good if that's an option to automate your protagonist. Not all of us like to control them and run like headless chicken.

16. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

There is... there is an auto battle button on the left - once activated, you can cycle through the units and just enjoy watching the battle.

17. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    What!!! Oh my!!! Thanks!!! Just for your info I truly love war tortoise. My kind of game!!! Looking forward to war tortoise 2 or something similar!

18. oscarjavier

oscarjavier Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Australia
    Congratulations !!

Thoroughly enjoying the game the only downside is the battery drain. I was on 61% started the game but only stayed on the start screen for two minutes exactly and then I was on 57%. How can just the start screen drain this much battery ? Running Iphone 7 plus.

19. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    I don't know how I feel about this one - I like it one respect but then i feel it just gets repetitive

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im on the same boat as the ones who arent getting into the game. That said, Foursaken always delivers on the tweaking side of things, so i may revisit the game again soon.

Visuals are fantastic, controls are good for the most parts, gameplay mechanics are interesting but pretty vague when starting out. I understand the monetization is partly experimental for now, and i think that's one aspect where this game is a bit off for me, but im sure at this point we are used to seeing the trend.

Just a bit bummed the time came i couldnt get into a Foursaken title, coz H&C2 is my favorite original mobile title since it was released, and most of their games were instant favorites, overtaken only by their own sequels.