Universal Noblemen: 1896 (By Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Aug 30, 2017.

1. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    Hey mates over at Foursaken.So I have this issue on two android smartphones-both Sony products,one of them XA1 Ultra,the other XZ1.Both of them have touch control problems-when I press right on the fire button-it doesn't work but when I press left of it-it works.I don't know why but the same also happens in menus-pressing left of the icon works but pressing right on it-doesn't.Could you have a look at that?

2. 16bitAindo

16bitAindo Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2014
    I'm using an iPhone 7. City maps with rain seem to be the main culprit. I've turned the graphics settings down already but as I mentioned earlier the PC gamer in me likes to play things as they are supposed to look and this game does look great on full settings.

3. woogoat

woogoat Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Just unlucky timing. Grinded out a new weapon and got new upgrades for it..

4. AdmiralAwesome

AdmiralAwesome New Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Freezing

Ever since the most recent update the game has been freezing every few battles while I’m shooting and I have to restart the app to get it to work again pls fix.

5. 16bitAindo

Mar 15, 2014
    I had the same issue and then it just randomly stopped happening. Possibly restarting my device or closing all apps in the background helped. Closing all background apps is something I've got into the habit of doing when playing this game.

6. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

We've been getting a few scattered reports of this, but haven't seen it ourselves (yet)... do you both have iOS11? At any rate, we're looking into it!

7. 16bitAindo

Mar 15, 2014
    I'm not on iOS 11 yet. Too scared to update at the moment as I've heard horror stories about it.

8. AdmiralAwesome

AdmiralAwesome New Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Yes I’m on iOS 11

9. woogoat

woogoat Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    This started for me as well once I upgraded to 11. Appears to be mainly in campaigns, happens a few times a day.

Side request - is there any way to disable the flashes (at least on the battle selections)? I can’t play it at night even on the lowest settings.

10. G-money

G-money Active Member

May 15, 2016
    I’ve been playing Noblemen for a while now and as a whole I really enjoy it. The only thing I want is more customization for your noblemen- currently you only can switch up the armor and the load out and its weapon (although these have set weapons and perks that cannot change). This or at least make armor more easy to acquire as getting legendary armors is hard and getting one with the stats you want is even more challenging. Also, I find myself never using the standard load out since the switch to video ads to restore a load out. It’s just so easy to recover another loadout and the standard one feels underwhelming, especially as it has no perks. But so far this game has been really fun and the updates just keep making it better.

11. Excalipur

Excalipur Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Is there a more reliable base-ending company to order up than “artillery battery?” I often wind up with too many things other than cannons even after numerous rerolls. Need a “Whitman’s Whitworths” or something like that.

12. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Is there a way to see the rarity besides the background? Many of the armor, heroes, units, etc. are big enough to block out the rarity rank (legendary, epic, rare...) behind them. And the "card" color isn't always easy to see with the smoke effect, so that's not reliable either.

13. 16bitAindo

Mar 15, 2014
    I've usually taken the enemy base down before I save up 30 points for the artillery battery. Between ships, airships, bunkers and the earth shaker cannon I never need it. Then there's fortresses and even infantry units to do damage ready for the cannon to finish it off. I generally take my time with battles though and have taken over the entire map before aiming for the enemy base.

14. BlackBlurr

BlackBlurr New Member

Sep 2, 2017
    Armory bug

So I've sold all my armor except 5 about 3 times now and it keeps just coming back. Not letting me save it sold. I've sold armor before and it's worked but this last week it won't let me at all. Once I close or minimize app and open again all of it is back.

Excalipur likes this.
  15. Sarcze

Sarcze New Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Are all the Officers and Armors name, stats, level predetermined, or is it all randomised?
    Also, I have the same problem with the guy above, sold armor and officers coming back as soon as I restarted the game.

16. Excalipur

Excalipur Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    It's not a matter of need so much as want. I like to finish things off after that first Earthshaker does 50%, and I have usually dominated most of the board at that point, with the opponent sending a single new army to its death each turn. in the past, I've had artillery companies that have, in one barrage, taken the remaining 50% off. That does not seem to work anymore, perhaps because of rising base health and other tweaks made in updates. Now, it usually takes 2 barrages, which does not change things much, but as a matter of style, I'd like to witness what an optimal artillery company can actually do, not what one cannon accompanied by some ghouls and dragoons can do. Plenty of non-artillery companies can do it in two turns too, so that seems silly to me. It's not really a problem with the game, per se, and certainly not some expression of personal struggle with the game, it's just that I would not choose an artillery battery for anything OTHER than destroying a base--it's not really in the RPS cycle--so the option might as well be tailor made for it. Alternately, as I suggested, there could be a high-cost special company that accomplishes the same purpose. Again, it's a want, not a need; I do not often use those special companies in general, but they are fun.

30 points isn't much to save up. Clearly there are a lot of ways to play this game and I'm not requesting tips on how to do so. I've NEVER used the Earthshaker cannon to finish a base off; it yields diminishing returns as the target gets more damaged.

17. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Found a bug where you have to exit the armor/officer screen first in order to "save" the selling. We'll fix that, but for now just make sure to exit to the hub screen before closing the app! Sorry about that.

18. gonif

gonif Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Who is the voiceover guy? That dude just owns it. I can almost hear the heavy metal guitar chords every time he shouts, "Ready the Earthshaker Cannon!" I want that as a text message alert tone. You know, for times when that one friend or family member calls. #

19. Silvercreek

Silvercreek New Member

Oct 19, 2017
    #259 Silvercreek, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    Latest posts

Is this forum still active?
    Last post i see is 10/10/17 what am i missing here?

20. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

#260 Foursaken_Media, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    Haha yeah - he did a really good job putting some emotion into the voices (his name is Sean Crisden); really wanted it to feel like he was yelling out on the battlefield, and I think he hit the mark :) Fun fact - we initially heard his work in the original Kingdom Rush (they have used him in all their games as well, all the way up to Iron Marines), and have used him in both Heroes and Castles games as well.

Not sure :p But the game is still alive and kicking for sure. We've just recently hit 4.5 million downloads total, and have a huge list of content updates that will be rolling out in the coming months!

In fact, coming up in less than 2 weeks there will be the 1st big content update... we'll be extending the main campaign by 15 levels, adding force touch controls (soft touch to aim, hard touch to shoot), the ability to reset your Skirmish rank when the going gets too tough, and a major new support unit/equipment system.

You will now be able to customize your hero before each battle with equipment (things like teleporters, shield packs, a static placeable "tesla" shield, ammo, and lots more), as well as all new support class units, which will include a Wright Brothers style war plane that flies around and strafes enemies, a war balloon that drops bombs, and a giant war elephant with heavy mounted cannons :)

In the future, we'd like to keep adding to the campaign, add new modes, hero skins, new units, maybe some special "Tesla Class" hero weapons, and more!

Attached Files: