No YouTube app on iOS6

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by lord-sam, Aug 7, 2012.

1. ToySoldier

ToySoldier Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    I'm all in favor of a Google made app. It'll probably look and function a lot better. I've given up on the native YouTube app and just go to the mobile site.

2. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    I dislike the Youtube app on Android. I also hate the Youtube app on ios. Both are bad. The Android version lost ability to view comments and such in the Landscape view and looks ugly to boot. The ios version is old and i actually like the featured and most view tab wish android had that but it doesn't matter anymore.

3. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I use it all the time, why on earth are they removing it?

4. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    License has expired. And I doubt google would renew it because they want to take over the world!

5. Vidkid72

Vidkid72 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    When we updated the OS on my wife's iPhone and YouTube was removed, I just used Safari to go to YouTube and then added it to her home screen so it's a decent work around with quick access. Google is indeed working on their own dedicated app.

I can see why Apple is removing things like Google Maps, YouTube (owned by Google). Android is their biggest competitor so I can see why they don't want to feed the competition.

6. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    You have the beta of iOS 6?

7. kailak

kailak Member

Aug 6, 2012
    knowing google, they would definitely get their own app versions in the appstore asap