Out Now No Way Home (by SMG Studio)

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 19, 2019.

1. akindc

akindc Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Where/when? I've been meandering for a while now without any further missions.
    On a different note, this game DESPERATELY needs some sort of fast travel system...almost feels unplayable without one.

I've completed four domes...don't know if that matters or not.

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I’ll post some screenshots later tonight. I haven’t felt a need to use fast travel, but I’m enjoying fighting my way from stage to stage.

3. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I feel like I’ve hit a similar wall. I’m wandering from pub to pub across the map and not finding any new missions. It would also be great if your completed “domes” would be grayed out on the map so I don’t accidentally revisit. I’m playing on iPhone X so the map legend is pretty minute, so that could be half my problem!

4. Georgina

Georgina Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    My completed domes are changed so maybe they added this in an update?

Otherwise, yeah, finding similar problems. Really wish there was fast travel and I'm finding the gameplay pretty stagnant. At the moment, I'm not upgraded enough to defeat the thing I need to defeat for a mission, so I'm just roaming around looking for something else to do. I prefer games like this to have multiple missions at once so there's always something new to try.

I've also, on multiple occasions, been spat out of a portal into the middle of a huge mass of enemies and died instantly. That seems... not as it should be.

I like the graphics and the humour. Matey is a lot of fun. Maybe just needs a bit more polish.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I’ve had three or four missions going on at once (not counting domes) for the 6 hours I’ve played so far. Not sure if that counts as multiple missions in your book. I’ve also turned upgrading into a mission — now that I have access to legendary parts, I’ve been having fun just hunting down enemies to load up on materials.

I guess I’ve really gotten into the rhythm of this game. I’m just digging the combination of combat and exploration so it’s kind of become it’s own reward. Some encounters feel almost like a bullet hell. This has become my “hang out” game — I can put it a few minutes or an hour at a time. But I can see why it’s not for everyone.

6. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    RPG bullet hell. I really like it. =D

Experiencing a user issue, where I keep holding onto stuff I'm obviously meant to sell out of some paranoid fear that I'll need it for some esoteric upgrade or optional quest. Anyone care to disabuse me of this lunacy?

7. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    Tried to submit a bug via the SMG Studio support link, but got kicked to log in both times I tried to submit.
    Bought a Hermian chunk to try to get the Unscathed support upgrade. Told me I didn’t have the required Hermian chunk. Am I missing something?

Attached Files:

8. sidlon

sidlon Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Based on your image (with text that's really hard to read), you had 4 of 5 required hermium chunks.

9. sidlon

sidlon Member

Feb 10, 2009