NO.V.A. gyroscope controls for Ipod touch 4?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by AEREC, Sep 11, 2010.

1. AEREC

AEREC Active Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I.T.
    Seattle
    Are the gyroscope controls in NOVA only for the iPhone or are they included with the iPod Touch version (4th gen) as well, since it also has a accelerometer?

2. FourthKnight

FourthKnight Member

Sep 10, 2010
    I'm pretty sure they'd be implemented because as far as i know, ipt4 has a gyroscope.

3. AEREC

AEREC Active Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I.T.
    Seattle
    I guess Im a little hesitant because the gyroscope controls are not in the demo version...and the iphone has the extra 256 mb of ram over the ipod touch.

Anyways since I cant find any info on it anyway I may just take the plunge and find out for myself.

4. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    I bought NOVA yesterday for my touch 4 but I'm waiting to get mine still. When I do I will let you know if you don't want to pull the trigger on it yet. I should have my touch by tues.

5. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    I played the NOVA demo on the new ipod at the apple store. I didn't actually play it, but I remember that it asked whether I wanted to use gyroscope controls or not.

6. AEREC

AEREC Active Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I.T.
    Seattle
    Thanks!...I went ahead and jumped the gun and bought it. It does use Gyroscope controls on the new touch and it looks considerabley nicer than the demo version.

It took a little while to get use to the controls but they are pretty cool.

7. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Not a fan of gyro implementation as of yet. I tried it with NOVA for a few minutes and disliked it.

8. ovalprocess

ovalprocess Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    Southern California
    I played the N.O.V.A. demo on the ipod touch 4g at the Apple store and loved it. It really adds a new dimension to the game.

I find that it is like looking out a window (a small window, but still a window).

You move the ipod touch through the air to look around in the game. It saves a lot of extra screen-scrolling with your finger to look around in the game. You do look a little funny playing, because your body is turning side to side and up and down instead of scrolling around on the screen to look around in the game. There is a YouTube video demoing some egg-paint app that shows this.

It makes the game more immersive, I find, and makes the game play quicker by not having to use a finger to look around the game environment.

9. Peter321

Peter321 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    I agree, it's SOOO much better with Gyro controls.

I didn't like it at first, but now all FPS games without it seems old and clunky.

I hope they add it to BIA2 soon.