No updates in iTunes, but they show on device

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by wastedyuthe, Jan 21, 2009.

1. #1 wastedyuthe, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
    I tried to check for updates on iTunes on my Mac (latest version of course) and it says there aren't any. But checking Appshopper I could see there were at least 1 or 2. So, checking on my Touch, sure enough it lists 3. This happened a couple of days ago too.
    Anyone else? Thought I'd post it incase someone is a regular checker with iTunes only and think they haven't got any when in fact they may have.

2. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Ya, this is a known problem, i just updated 10 of my apps from my computer because they didnt show on my ipod. I just stick to updating from the computer for now, just because its been more reliable for me.

3. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    I just downloaded 6 updates like 10 minutes ago from iTunes. But I'm in America, so you know, we're better than regular people. Never had the problem you're referring to so far this year. Go 2009!

4. You misunderstood- perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough. I meant iTunes on my Mac is showing no updates when my Touch does. I edited my post to be clearer.

5. You are right EDNG, you are irregular indeed. :p

6. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I had this problem in December. I knew I had updates to download. Including that Kinwits update that I am never going to download... Yet iTunes told me there were no updates. This was just before Christmas and it took about a week until iTunes recognised I had updates there and by that time I had over 40 to download (I have 500 or so apps in my iTunes). In the past I've had problems downloading updates (received error messages) around the times Apple have made small adjustments (updates to the App Store layout, release of new firmware, etc). In the end I put it down to a decision by Apple to restrict downloading of updates over Christmas. Not because there were no new updates waiting for me (because there were) but perhaps an attempt to ease pressure on their servers over the busy Christmas period. I don't know for certain that this is the reason, it's just a guess based on the timing of previous problems I have experienced. Maybe this means Apple are updating something on the App Store or with their servers? Of course you could alert them to the problem you are having. But then again I've done so in the past and never had a response from them.

7. Yes I think response from Apple regarding issues like this is a rarity. Thank Snow Mani (won't call you 'dude' ;) )

8. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    No worries! Of course it might always end up being a serious issue and not just an Apple caused problem.

PS - I should also mention that I'm happy you didn't call me 'dudette' either(shudders)

9. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Wow. That was pure failure, even for you. Is that you Herp(es) posing as yuyu? Also, don't double-post. See you later dudes (snow_mani fails too)...

10. Herp

Herp Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Coram, New York
    What? I secretly hacked yuthe's account? And now I'm posting with it? And I didn't even know it?

This must be....

[​IMG]

11. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Hm I don't see updates on iTunes on my PC, and I don't see them on my iPT either! Really annoying!