iPad [NO LONGER ON APP STORE]Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 - (by Activision)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by freedog, Apr 1, 2010.

1. TheSt33lCurtain

TheSt33lCurtain Active Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Controls help

The tilt controls are a lot better than the dpad in this game, but I can't figure out how to do the tricks. On the dpad you press the sides and up to do tricks, but how do you do this with the tilt controls.

2. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    So I had to pick this up to relive the glory that was thps2, the crowning achievement in the series. Ah, so many many memories...But I have to ask, WTF HAPPENED TO THE ORIGINAL MUSIC?! The original soundtrack is key to the overall experience of thps2. This game needs custom soundtrack options so I can shove the original classics right up this app.

3. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    honestly....i think this game needs the cheats to open up all levels....im descent, but no where near good enough to open up all levels

4. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    After playing this game all day, I just decided to drop by to see what everyone's saying, and I really don't understand what happened there. I only recognized one song from THUG2.

All I can think of is maybe copyright crap, but it's Activision, it's not like they can't afford it...

Luckily, if you're jailbroken, you can go into the app itself and replace the music files. I'm going back and replacing every song with the original N64 version soundtrack, since those are the ones burned into my mind, and then a couple from the PC/PS1 version that I enjoyed. But most importantly, you can put Guerilla Radio on the iPod version, because it just isn't THPS2 without it.

5. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    Urge to jailbreak...rising

To me, the absolute must have THPS2 tracks are Lagwagon's May 16th, and Millencolin's No Cigar. The rest of the soundtrack is gold regardless, but those two always stuck out.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    You can keep the classic controller on and turn on the left/right accelerometer, then use the d-pad only to do tricks. Best of both worlds.

7. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #107 Delusionaltool, Apr 2, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
    how the heck do you the specials again? i used to know this lol - nevermind im stupid you have to set the special up when you pick the skater its just diff direction combos..

and this game is amazing on here its setup like the ps one controls also dont forget the up down up or down up down i forget to keep combos going :) helps you leave a half pipe and get somewhere else to do more tricks everytime you land just do the up down up or down up down its one of those....

8. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    go to buy tricks and it shows you how to do them

9. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    man i am rusty , how do you do the hand grabs and stuff ? nothing is working for me i thought it was up and grab but that is not workin....like where you grab a ledge or rail?

10. nodoctors

Jul 24, 2009
    you hit grind, not grab

11. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    I actually found the best to be RATM - Guerilla Radio, Papa Roach - Blood Brothers, Anthrax - Bring the Noise, and Powerman 5000 - When Worlds Collide. I don't know why, and it's a strange combo, but I've always enjoyed those the most. Maybe because I always heard those the most when playing this one as a kid.

12. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    haha duh

13. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Seems someone hasn't played the game since... ever...

14. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    been allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllong time so rusty hahah i had mastered the game ......

15. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    What's better: this or Skater Nation?

16. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    THPS2 > Any skateboarding game that is or is ever going to be on the App Store, unless they do something crazy like port American Wasteland next. But as it stands, this is one of the greatest iPhone games I've ever played, and I'll be deleting Skater Nation in a little while seeing as how much better this game is.

17. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    the controls are gonna take a bit gettin used too but this game is awsome loved it on psone and still love it.... just a fantastic game.... and the grind button doesnt always do the grab so that might need adjusted or its just me....

18. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Ummm... the grind button does GRIND tricks, not GRAB tricks. That's what the grab button is for... It's the same layout as it is on the PS1 controller, so just remember what you did back then with the controller and you should be good.

But yeah, the controls are a bit awkward. I've been playing the series for about 10 years now with a physical controller, and trying to get used to the d-pad is a bit weird, but I don't think it'll be a problem in the future. I'm slowly and steadily getting used to it;

19. mynameisjesse

mynameisjesse Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I'm really trying hard here, but even after an hour and a half the controls are really terrible. I find myself freaking out when I all of a sudden stop turning cause my finger moves off the d-pad, or when I miss the grind button cause it's too small. Words can't express my frustration right now. Here's to hoping there's an update...this has such amazing potential. Worth $9.99 as is? Honestly, no. It kills me to say that.

20. Radso

Radso Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Can't find on app store...

Just wanted to ask, I REALLY want to try this game, but I can't find it on the app store!!?? So, is it only out in the states or sumthing? (I'm in Canada) or was it pulled?? Why isn't it there!?