iPad [NO LONGER ON APP STORE]Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 - (by Activision)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by freedog, Apr 1, 2010.

1. veecheech

veecheech Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    I'm curious about 1G performance. Has anyone tried it?

2. SunriseMoon

SunriseMoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Looks great, but is it really worth $10?

3. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    If you were a fan of the original game 100% yes! It runs perfect and doesn't take away from the original gameplay at all...

if your new to the series, I would say it depends... IMO TH2 was the best one in the franchise so I don't think you could go wrong with this... and there's not too many good skate games out for the iDevice, so yea I think so...

4. debtOFskittles

debtOFskittles Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Agreed. It's in general 100x better than skater nation (the most similar game on the app store), better controls, much smoother framerate, many, MANY more tricks, a lot more customization, more objectives, more potential play time, much better production values, and just more fun.

I liked the freeroaming in skater nation, and it's a good game, but it just isn't on the same level as tony hawk

5. BrainGame

BrainGame Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    for those who already owns this,does it have unlockable cheats? not also available in Phil. store or any Asian store i guess..

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I will have to agree. Just the character animation makes TH a much more engrossing experience than Skater Nation. Camera angles are also a lot better. I had a ton of fun with SN, but TH feels like a real console game.

7. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head

I believe so, there is a cheats option in the options menu, but it's greyed out for me currently, probably have to beat campaign first... I'm really surprised no custom character though..

8. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    Good catch

I think you are correct, but this month should be big as far as games go

9. BrainGame

BrainGame Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    AWESOME!!! thanks for the info... i hope this come out soon in our country... will probably get this first... so many great games coming out this month... :D

10. NiclasW

NiclasW Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student in MediaDesign
    Cologne, Germany
    #50 NiclasW, Apr 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2010
  11. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Argh, I've been waiting for this game so long... and now it's arbitrarily not available in the Canadian app store (US only).

I thought it might be because of music licensing, but from what I've read in the thread, none of the original songs are in it anyway?

12. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    ahh no UK release yet!

13. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    is the CAP (Create A Park) still in?

14. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    $10? For a port of an ancient game?

No thanks.

15. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    From Tony Hawk's twitter:

"Don't know what's up with int'l iTunes & THPS2 but I will find out."

So we should probably find something out soon. I can't see why they'd be holding it back internationally unless it was some kind of licensing issue... but I can't for the life of me think of what that would be.

16. iGecko

iGecko Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Film student, photographer
    Montreal
    Maaan I still wish they had released the first one though but it all boils down to nostalgia I guess. I never played the second one that much, but I remember endlessly playing the Chicago skatepark in THPS with Goldfinger's Superman in the background. Hell I still skate/snowboard to that sick song! Being able to listen to my own songs would be a huge plus. Definitely an impulse buy for me the second it hits the canadian appstore!

17. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    So far there is no create a park, no custom music, and no create a character, other then that everything else seems to be in order...

18. killiang

killiang New Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Can we get detailed impressions from someone who knows how to play the original games? I'd like to know if the touch controls work well enough to keep lines going, etc.

The YouTube video posted on here just showed someone rolling around The Hangar, not doing any tricks... Not very helpful.

19. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Unexpected release but hell this is a must for me! How responsive are the controls?

20. 1337brian

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head

So far I would say it takes a little getting used to but I have been able to pull off pretty much the same combos as I did on the console version... The manuals are the same. Really the hardest part is moving up to grind from the ollie button, but I am getting really good at it!...