iPad [NO LONGER ON APP STORE]Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 - (by Activision)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by freedog, Apr 1, 2010.

1. stutz

stutz Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
  2. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    I am so glad I randomly looked at this thread. Bought it immediately.:D:D

3. tchibo126

tchibo126 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Germany
    I don't care about any sales. All i want is the Release for Europe... Come on, we've been waiting too long...

4. muzzamo

muzzamo New Member

May 21, 2010
    One thing that many might not realize is that tony hawks 3 was actually ported to the playstation 1 as well as the playstation 2

Given that the iphone 3g/3gs seems to be more than capable of playing playstation 1 games, as we have seen here with tony hawk 2, there should be no technical reason why tony hawks 3 can't be ported across too...

The ps1 version was a cutdown version of the ps2 version with simpler graphics but was still really good.

http://au.gamespot.com/ps/sports/tonyhawksproskater3/review.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary%3Bread-review

5. stutz

stutz Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Having played this for the last hour, I can say this is my new favorite game on the Ipod. Such an awesome port of a really great game. Played it years ago on the PS1.

6. leoer

leoer Member

May 8, 2010
    I don't even have a 'games' category in my app store... this game is so amazing :(

7. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    What country are you in? :eek:

8. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    #408 nephilim apps, May 21, 2010
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
    PS2 was a much better game than PS3. It was basically the same game only with a TERRIBLE FRAMERATE and HORRIBLE draw distance and worse graphics

9. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Is this still a recommended game for someone who never played the game originally and who didn't like Skater Nation (I couldn't figure out how to properly use the controls in that)? Because every review I've read basically seems that the writer had already made up his mind to love the game because it was already his favorite game from back when it was first released...

10. pblive

pblive Active Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Devon, UK
    Does anyone know what the excuse is for not releasing this in the UK yet? I'm getting fed up waiting. Already have Skater Nation and Mike V (which just went down in price to 59p).

11. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
  12. tchibo126

tchibo126 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Germany
    "Coming Soon"... That's funny. It was supposed to be released shortly after the u.s. Release, then it was "before may"... man, whoever is responsible for that s!@&, man f@%! you!!!!

13. leoer

leoer Member

May 8, 2010
    #413 leoer, May 21, 2010
    Last edited: May 21, 2010
    Brazil. Every game here needs to be rated before its release. And Brazil has a different organization to do that (not ESRB). So, Apple decided to not release games here to avoid this bureaucracy.

We have a few games only in the entertainment category, but with the exception of Meridian and Fishlabs games, most of them are really crappy.

14. Marioman619

Marioman619 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Anyone? I am desperate for this game.

15. pblive

pblive Active Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Devon, UK
  16. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    I picked it up and I can see why it's such a highly regarded game; it's really fun and the gameplay is outstanding. As a complete newcomer to the game though, it would have been nice if there was some kind of tutorial or even an explanation in text about how I should be using the controls. As it is right now, I am really blundering my way through the game, and in probably an hour and a half I have only managed to unlock one new location (California) and I haven't gotten as high as a "pro" score yet.

It makes me wonder if the game is meant only for people who have played it before, or maybe it's just that Activision didn't put any thought into the port. I am finding it really hard to pick up on the best way to input buttons for best results since there is no physical controller and I will make mistakes without realizing exactly what I did. It really would help if I knew how I was supposed to be doing things rather than what I'm doing right now which is lots of button mashing and falling all over the place when I try to pull off high-scoring combos. The game is fun but this aspect of it is really frustrating for me as a newcomer since I've never played anything like this before except for Skater Nation which I couldn't figure out and deleted from my device after about 20 minutes.

And they should really just support library music play within the game. I'm getting really sick of hearing the same 5 songs over and over and over....

Definitely worth the $4.99 though, I'd say.

17. Diggins

Diggins Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    your attic
    @median: the original game is actually the exact same as this one. Try holding the "jump" button while you skate around and release it right as you are going off a jump. You'll be moving much faster and you'll get much more air. Also remember to ALWAYS spin on big jumps because it makes your score way higher. And to get big combos try grinding then jumping and landing back on a grind. After you master that add some flip tricks in and then try manualing in between grinds.

When on the hangar level (the first one) try grinding straight across the helicopter blade and it will open up a secret area with the secret tape in it.

So does anyone know any cheats for this? Is spiderman in this port as well?

18. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Thanks for the tips! I'm starting to get the hang of it...my highest score is just a shade under 42,000 which is over halfway to the sick score for the hangar. I think the game just requires a lot of playing to get good at it, moreso with a non-physical controller probably. I am really hooked on it though, it's my favorite game to play at the moment.

I also really want to know some of the cheats.

19. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    How do you perform a boneless?

I've done it before but can't find it in my tricks list so I can't figure out how I'm doing it.

20. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    If it's the same as PS1 you have to double tap 'Up' before you ollie (as in hold ollie down before a jump and double tap up right before you reelase it). Like a no comply but twice.