iPad No hope for the immediate future of Final Fantasy

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sainter, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I sent an email to Square Enix asking if they had any plans on releasing a Final Fantasy Tactics or similar game onto the App Store and this is what reply I got.

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX Customer Support,

We hope this letter answers your questions.

Our parent company, SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd. of Japan, has no current plans to re-release that particular title at this time. This is not to say that it will never happen, it's just that SQUARE ENIX of Japan is currently focusing on numerous other projects.

We hope that this information has been of some assistance, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Anthony P- SQUARE ENIX Customer Support
    www.square-enix.com

Looks like ill be getting Chronicles of Inotia soon then!

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I hate those types of replies. They might as well say: "We're not making it now, we're not making it later. Have a nice day." Ugh.

3. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Hmmm... Maybe if more people e-mailed in we could get a different response?
    You know customer service agents are, everyone is different...

4. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Boooooooooooooo

5. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Having worked in one a long time ago, I can tell you that they mostly copy and paste a similar answer to anyone asking the same question. Don't get your hopes up too high.

6. RaNd0m

RaNd0m Active Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Start a petition for it..... eventually once they see the sales figures for apps and the potential revenue they will bring some kind of RPG for the iPhone/iTouch

7. alextangweihao

alextangweihao Active Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Student
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    So there are probabilities that it never will happen?

8. thor0298

thor0298 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    They r supposedly doing crystal defenders

9. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

The market isn't ready for games of that scope at the price point they're after.

10. Sainter

Sainter Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    What would they be asking. If EA can release famous games under 10 bucks then surely they would get alot of money out of Final Fantasy at $9.99

11. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Why would they undercut the perceived value of their crown jewel franchise by selling it at roughly 30% of the value on other platforms? (Speaking of Final Fantasy Tactics)

They're testing the waters right now with Crystal Defenders, to see if there's any money to be made on the platform. It's a low-risk project for them, and if it ends up profitable they may consider taking a bigger risk with another title.