iPad No Gravity hit the store!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Bmamba, Mar 25, 2011.

1. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    This is still on my watch list, but I really wish some of the lurkers here who snatched codes would've left some impressions. I think we only got one.

2. Bmamba

Bmamba Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Game dev
    Canada
  3. alexel

alexel New Member

Mar 30, 2011
  4. Extol

Extol Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Sorry guys I haven't had time to do a write up of what I think about the game. Truth be told I haven't had a ton of free time past dew days. But what I have played of it I really like it. Very well done space shooter. Game looks great and plays great also! Be sure you don't let this one pass you by!

5. Bmamba

Bmamba Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Game dev
    Canada
    no gravity review

Thank you for the feedback!.

the game was recently reviewed. by the website just push start Got a 8.5 out of 10
    check the review here:

http://n4g.com/news/731974/are-you-into-shooters-are-you-into-space-shooters-look-into-no-gravity-plague-of-mind

6. Caladell

Caladell Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Have been keeping an eye on this one, and waiting for more reviews/impressions.
    With that reviewer in a way comparing it to Colony Wars, has decided me. I loved that series, and am downloading now

7. joelchrist

joelchrist Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Fabulous screen shots and description. I dint yet tried this one. Probably on next week, still promo code valid?

8. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I finally bought this. It has TONS of potential, but there are a few issues that I would love to see addressed. First of all, the positives: it looks great. The graphics are clean and crisp on the retina. The music is really nice too. I like the dogfighting, and the varied missions (even if they basically consist of flying and shooting). There is an interesting story here, but it's a little stretched to fit gameplay. As it is, I still recommend it for the price, but I could do so without any reservations if they fixed the following issues: First, there are no instructions. None. No description of the HUD. They aren't terribly complicated, but I definitely had to wing it at first. I can't imagine this would be too difficult to implement. Second, I choose to use the virtual stick control option over the accelerometer. I have to choose this in the options every time I open the app. It would be nice if it kept the control options where you left them. Finally, at the end of each mission it presents you with stats. These don't appear to be accurate. It doesn't keep track correctly of the number of ships I've destroyed. None of these are game breaking, but they all show signs of some issues in porting this over from PSP.

9. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    how i wish it had the graphics of GOF2 but regardless, it looks awesome . Will be waiting for more impressions before deciding whether to get this or not .

10. Bmamba

Bmamba Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Game dev
    Canada
    #30 Bmamba, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  11. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    @Bmamba: Is there any chance of an update that addresses what I mentioned in the earlier post? I like the game, but see the possibility of greatness.

12. Bmamba

Bmamba Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Game dev
    Canada
    ofcourse... we read every comment. an update will be release soon it should fix some of your concern...

13. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Awesome! Thanks.

14. Bmamba

Bmamba Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Game dev
    Canada
  15. Hardbattle

Hardbattle Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    I'm having problems with this on my ipad2 - the menu buttons don't seem to be in the same place as where they are on the screen.... You have to press almost 75% of the way down the middle of the screen to make the menu scroll to the left, and I can't get it to scroll right or accept my choice at all.... Any help?

16. Bmamba

Bmamba Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Game dev
    Canada
    We do not have Ipad2 to test thing out.
    but let me send this to our team see if we can do a quick fix for you.

Anyhow an Update was submited today. maybe it will help:

Update 1.1.0

- Added Ultra details mode for iPad 2 - in the game options page,
    - Added support for vibrations for iPhone - in the game options page,
    - Added tips and HUD explanations during game loading,
    - Added rear cockpit view - by holding the view button,
    - Fixed and improved multi touch D-Pad ,
    - Fixed music, control settings not being saved properly,
    - Fixed and improved memory management issues,

17. Pete the Geek

Pete the Geek Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Math Teacher
    North-Western Ontario
    #37 Pete the Geek, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
    On my iPod Touch 4G No Gravity is a blast. The tilt controls seem perfect and the small device is well-suited to the fast, fluid action. I'm hooked! The game looks gorgeous, sounds great and the missions are fun. It reminds me a bit of the old PC GAME X-Wing. No Gravity looks to be an epic space battle game :D!

Unfortunately, on my iPad 2 No Gravity crashed and locked up a couple of times within the first few minutes of play :eek:. In fact, I even got a "memory allocation error" dialog box in the ship selection screen. I had a hard time selecting things on the main screen. This could be the selection error that Hardbattle found. FWIW, what I saw looked promising and I look forward to an update.

Meanwhile, I'll be blasting away on my iPod Touch 4G :cool:.

18. Bmamba

Bmamba Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Game dev
    Canada
  19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    WOOHOO!! this was the last game I was waiting for an ios5 update for. Now I can finally make the jump up! =oD

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #40 syntheticvoid, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
    k... with the last update, it's made it so that the joystick becomes unresponsive quite a bit... which can be VERY frustrating, especially right after finishing a mission, and then needing to make it to the last NAV point, and not being able to turn your ship...

Any chance this could get fixed? Or am I the only one experiencing this issue?

This has happened to me 4 times in the 3rd mission, twice after clearing out the shields, and twice right before. Before the update, I had no problems getting all the way through the game...

Almost wanna just say screw it and delete it, but it's hard to do with a $5 game...