Universal [NL Soft Launch] Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore (by FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Pony, Jun 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Another lil' update. Over at http://www.gof3manticore.com, you can now sign up to become a VIP fan and receive exclusive in-game goodies on launch day. Among others, you can unlock an exclusive VIP skin for the legendary Groza!

[​IMG]

2. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Full voice over. Additional missions. New enemies. And much more! Check out our latest dev blog to get an overview of the features of our huge "Space Trinity" update, which just went live in the softlaunch countries. Needless to say, all of these functionalities will also be in the worldwide version of GOF3 once it launches globally.

http://blog.dsfishlabs.com/en/gof3manticore-devblog19-spacetrinityupdate

3. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    You can't believe how happy this makes me :)

4. krumiro

krumiro New Member

Aug 24, 2016
    #344 krumiro, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    (Ooups... posted twice the same text)

5. krumiro

krumiro New Member

Aug 24, 2016
    #345 krumiro, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    I am so happy! The moment I read that Fishlabs decided to postpone the launch I knew that it could only be a very good news and that it could mean only one thing. They have got really afraid of the comments they have been reading and then finally realized one of the golden rules of life: you only have one opportunity to give a first impression, which in the Gaming World (of this digital age where everything is forever written in stone) translates into the fact that in 3 to 5 years from now when new curious players search on YouTube "galaxy fire 3 review" to decide whether to download it or not, they will only find release-week reviews because no one will have made any reviews on how the game has in the following months/years, as repeatedly promised by fishlabs, constantly heavily evolved... I only hope that this means that, in a sprint of healthy perfectionism, not only they have decided to anticipate/complete the evolution "before" the release but that they have also decided to add (or better said, restore) the so beloved GoF2-features that had in the original GoF3-plan so unforgivably trashed in a brainstorming meeting gone out of control...

Look for example on how Mad Finger released Unkilled after Dead Trigger 2. If they had called it DT3 everybody would have immediately enraged about ruining the amazing Dead Trigger Saga. Actually this is the reason why I have not listed this example in the Disastrous Sequels list. Instead they gave it a different name and nobody complained about it because we know that Unkilled is simply the first of a new different Saga born as a simplified version of the Dead Trigger concept and for a new funbase different from ours (for casual gamers who want just a simple linear storyline of extremely short missions with the bare minimum complexity of the strategy-side if none) and MOST IMPORTANTLY that Dead Trigger 3 will one day be pubblished losing none of the loved elements of DT2 but only enhancing them and adding new ones.

6. Cydro

Cydro New Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but it appears to be out in Australia. I've played it a bit, and if you're willing to deal with timers, waiting for improvements to the game shouldn't be too painful

7. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    She's softlaunch in a number of countries atm, I have my copy thru my new zealand secret identity :)

8. kyoukusanagi

kyoukusanagi Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010

that's all i need to make a decision, will skip this one

9. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Great news :) Will you be bringing this to Apple TV too? Manticore Rising is really awesome on the big screen, and this would be incredible!!

10. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Why constant internet? is it online play only ? if so... i'll skip that one..
    unless it's done now for debugging since it's a soft release?

11. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Cheers, guys. At the moment, we focus all our efforts on releasing the game on mobile. If other platforms will be considered in the future, I can unfortunately not say. BTW, in case you have missed it on the TA front page, here is our CGI teaser for your short but hopefully fun viewing pleasure. :)

12. fr33z33

fr33z33 Member

May 22, 2012
    Soooo, what about ATV support. I liked what you did with Manticore rising, but could use a full X3 GoF experience.

13. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Hey guys... have you seen our latest two teaser trailers? If not, browse Touch Arcade's front page and check 'em out!

14. conscript

conscript Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 25, 2012
    Finally finished the whole thread! Went off the rails for a bit, but the last few pages were very informative about gameplay. Thank you Tobi for all of your input. Developer involvement is why I support a site like TouchArcade.

I played and loved GoF 1& 2! I am looking forward to 3 as I see changes are being made during the soft launch. Any news on a world wide release?

15. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Thanks for the nice words, conscript. I still cannot give you a concrete release date, but at least I can say that Touch Arcade are right when they say that GOF3 is "nearing its global launch". :)

16. Tobi@Fishlabs

Sep 26, 2012
    Just in case you guys haven't heard it, we will launch globally on the App Store one week from now on December 8. Hell, there's exciting times ahead of us!