Universal [NL] Rescue Wings! (by Little Chicken and PlayStack Ltd)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Jor, May 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jor

Jor Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Male
    Here's how we switch themes easily during development:

Each level chunk in #rescuewings is decorated for all themes. This way we can create a level without worrying about its place in the game. When the level get a green light we can decide its theme without having to redecorate the whole thing!

2. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Looking awesome and plays great! Question about the cave in adventure. Is it possible to make it through? What’s the secret? Only certain planes? I crash every time.

3. Jor

Jor Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Male
    Hey Extreme, that awesome!

The Citrine cave in adventure is definetly possible to get through, but it'll require a lot of practice.. An Agile plane might be best as well. It currently means 4 things to the player:
    1. It gives you nightmares.
    2. It holds the landmark to discover the last and most difficult level pack.
    3. It's a shortcut to the jungle area in Adventure.
    4. It has a lot of score bonus so putting out fires in the Citrine cave gains more coins in the end.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it, do let me know if you get any further in the cave!

4. extreme472000

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Been playing the competitive and really liking it. Is there or will there been an option to permanently increase gas higher than 30? I just did the new update and notice the iCloud/fb sync has been replaced with iap sync. Hopefully still working on progress sync and adding that feature later?

5. Knik

Knik Active Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Amsterdam
    Currently the only way to increase your gas is by buying the starterpack (+60) or getting the subscription (unlimited), this might change in the future. As for the syncing, progress sync will make it's return, just fixing some technical difficulties!

p.s. What's your nickname in-game? I'll be on the lookout for your planes. ;)

6. extreme472000

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Good news! Really looking forward to full release so I can buy those iap. Currently my nickname is Jason but might change it to extreme472000. Keep up the good work!

7. Jor

Jor Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Male
    Hi Guys!

We're days away from launching Rescue Wings globally! Exciting times!

Here's another gamedev story for you all.

We wanted to give #rescuewings a bit more of a narrative setting than simply "you are a plane" so we gave the intro cinematic a lot more attention than we normally do. We also want Scruffy to become the mascotte and what better way to do so than showing his origin story!

8. Jor

Jor Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Male
    How we came up with the idea:

#rescuewings was originated out of what we call "vrijspel" @LittleChickenCo. It's a gamejam we do to create new IPs. We wanted to make a bomber game but did not like the violence, so we switched it up to saving the world from forest fires instead! Here's some early day's footage.

9. TycoonGoon98

TycoonGoon98 Member

Nov 12, 2018
    Male
    Wow this looks very nice :) When’s the official launch date?

10. Jor

Jor Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Male
    Hi there, thanks!

We will pull the switch for world launch this week.. currently still waiting on QA of our publisher. Thursday 24th of June we hope to get a big feature, by then it will be live for sure!

11. TycoonGoon98

TycoonGoon98 Member

Nov 12, 2018
    Male
    Woohooo! I’m excited

12. Jor

Jor Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Male
    Awesome !! So are we! :D

13. extreme472000

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Patiently waiting.. well trying but really excited for ya!

14. Jor

Jor Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Male
    Just got confirmed, we release worldwide on both iOS and Android upcoming Thursday, 27th of June!!

RESCUEWINGS_LaunchDate(Facebook).jpg

15. TycoonGoon98

TycoonGoon98 Member

Nov 12, 2018
    Male
    :rolleyes: Well then, Ill be ready

16. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
  17. extreme472000

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Just updated and cloud synced. Very excited to see it working but then noticed my level didn’t transfer over. Hopefully you can get it fixed soon!

18. extreme472000

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Edit: closed out of game and reopened and it asked me to resync/ login. Then I have my level back. Maybe just a glitch? Everything seems fine now.

19. Jor

Jor Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Male
    Thanks for notifying!

Hm.. it should ask for the sync straight away. The following steps are required to sync:
    1. Play on device A.
    2. Play on device B.
    3. Enable Facebook cloud save on device B.
    4. Enable Facebook cloud save on device A.
    5. ... <- here you should get the sync message without the need of restarting.

Are these the steps you've followed? If not, what are the steps you did follow?

20. Jor

Jor Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2018
    Male
    Here's how we kept to our ideal of making a hard game for mobile:

When development for #rescuewings started it was a hardcore game, that was its biggest fun factor. When other designers gave feedback it usually involved big changes to make it easier. Sometimes your game is meant to be difficult though; the solution can also be proper onboarding!