Nintendo?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Gryphon23, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    I wish nintendo would make some Ipod touch/ iphone apps! I know apple is kind of a rival of nintendo, but if they made a mario app, donkey kong app, etc., they could have more popularity and more $$$. Come on nintendo!

2. SoCal_Sponger

SoCal_Sponger Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2009
    or they could fail like Sega and release games that dont work

3. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

i wish i was a rockstar

4. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    i wish i had a pet dragon, but you don't always get what you want.

but seriously Nintendo makes enough money with the ds, wii etc. they wont make iphone games.

5. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    I wish Halo would come.
    Really?
    Come on Gryphon, a new person would know better than this

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I wish they'd port the Super Mario series for XLA. It's a much more lethal option.

7. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    we did some nintendo games - they just sent us a cease-n-decist.

they show now intention of doing anything on the iphone/ipod touch - not even licensing their brand for other developers to share royalties with them. their focus is on doing nothing on iphone/ipod touch so that everyone buys the nintendo ds instead - what they consider a real mobile gaming console.

nintendo could make money from licensing; but, whats a few million when their turn over is in the billions - whats big cash for some is small fry for them; not even worth hiring lawyers to write up any agreements.

8. Lockdown.

Lockdown. Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    i wish nintendo would port some classic N64 games to the iPhone. Not those crappy games they make for the DS

9. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    nintendo have game and watch games for nintendo ds - but, i would love them to compare them to the iphone/ipod touch versions we created; we received a 92% retro rating in retro gamer magazine.. so much for homebrew/indie dev.

10. dragmor

dragmor Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Maybe Nintendo will come out with their own iPhone like device in the future with their own App store.

11. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    They aren't rivals at all. They just aren't properly acquainted with each other. Anyhow, Nintendo only develops for it's devices.

12. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    People buy Nintendo products for Nintendo games, if they start making games for other devices they lose that upper hand they have over Sony and MS.

Bottom line, you want to play Nintendo games? Buy a Nintendo handheld/console.

13. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    Of course they did, you can't just steal other companies' games.

14. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    yep. people have to stop making threads about nintendo games on the idevice. It won't happen. Ever. They are first party games that they develop to encourage you to buy their platform. Why would they put them on another system?

15. Gabrielo

Gabrielo Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Hong Kong
    I think nintendo needs Sway, Fieldrunner, Zen Bound, Eliss and Rolando for wii more than we needs the Super mario on idevices.

They just publish games or provide services for promoting their own hardware.
    Like appstore promoting iPhone, or Leopard for mac.

when both apple and nintendo make profit from the hardware mostly,
    do you think here's any mario on iphone officially?

16. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    DSi... and DSi store :rolleyes:

Nintendo has always been about video games. They'd be clueless about the cell phone market. If it ain't broke...

17. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    lolwut.

Those games are nice and all, but how does Nintendo need these games? Have you seen the hardware/software sales for the Wii?

18. Kamazar

Dec 13, 2008
    Speaking of which, how exactly would you play Sway, Eliss, or Zen Bound on a Nintendo device?

19. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    I'd say the same for Square Enix. They could actually port Kingdom Hearts 365/2 Days,Song Summoner, KH Coded, or FF Tactics and that would be great for their iPopularity as well.

20. unconnected

unconnected Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    London, UK
    Err, when have Nintendo _EVER_ published a game for any other platform other than a Nintendo platform? There is the answer you're looking for.