Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch Games' started by crunc, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Haha, same here...but I can't post anything till monday!:cool:

Seems like no one from the forum is buyin' the switch!?

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    The Lounge in general seems a bit dead...ish...

EDIT: TOP OF THE PAGE AGAIN! lol, I just received Bomberman, waiting on the Switch and Zelda.

3. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Got my system, waiting on Zelda and Bomberman.

4. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Just got everything! Loving the feel of the hardware and software so far.

If anybody wants to add me feel free: SW-2702-9624-3900

5. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Thanks sid my code is 0705-6941-5428
    Ive been waiting for someone else to write its been dead here all day, the hardware does feel great real quality
    Have u had any problems?
    One thing im a little upset about is that when i played breath if wild with just the tablet i had it plugged in to charge at the same time but yet my console was till runnning down on charge??
    Its like having my ipad plugged in whilst gaming yet the charge goes down instead of up?

6. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Also sorry to ask sid but how do i add u with that code?

7. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Its ok i got it lol

8. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    I've heard other people complaining about the charge going down thing. The game might drain the battery so hard that even charging its not enough to keep up. I haven't tried it myself though.

Did you send me a friend request? I tried adding you, but it couldn't find your code.

9. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I've heard that's a "feature" with the Switch. Apparently it never gets below 80-something per cent if it's in the dock, but it does still run down the battery.

Best case scenario, it's a safety feature to prevent overcharging. Worst case scenario, it's a moderately minor design flaw.

One question, though - does it run hot? I'm mostly going to be playing mine as a portable, so I'd love to know how it feels after an hour or so of Zelda.

10. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Yeah i sent you a request
    Il double check in case i got it wrong but check yours
    Mine is 070569415428

11. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Thanks sid i got you!
    Haha since your my only friend ive put u as a best friend lol pls don't be creeped out!

12. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    I don't think it tells me if you mark me as a best friend, I wouldn't have known. haha

13. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Hey dude, thanks for the reply.
    Yeah its actually dissapointing as i wanted to play a good 5 hours in bed on the handheld tonight but its not possible :( even on charge the battery gets eaten up!
    But yeah it does not get that hot at all, its very surprising but i found my air 2 to get hotter playing xcom!

14. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    I dont know what that function does but I figured why not, im not exactly getting requests unfortunatley #

15. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Breath of the wild is already one of my best gaming experiences bar none, the immersion in handheld with a good pair of headphones is second to none

16. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT

It is normal. If you are playing BOTW. Even if you are docked, your battery tend to hover around 80-90% or so and almost never read 100% charge. This is already known before the system launch. No one knows why. But it does not go any lower than the stated percentage thou. I not sure about it myself as I have only been playing it in portable mode rather than docked

17. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    But docked i have np problem, its just in hand held mode BUT since then it is now working! I charged my console to 100% and now its not going down after 2 hours of botw! I dont know maybe the full charge had an effect?

18. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    BotW is absolutely amazing. Hard to put it into words. I haven't been this excited about a game in a very long time.

I haven't had any problems with the Switch itself either. Feels really good as a handheld and looks great on my TV.

19. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I got as far as taking my Switch out of the box this morning, and plugging it in. I haven't evened powered it up yet. However, even something as simple as sliding the joycons onto the main device was wonderfully satisfying. Working a long shift today, but looking forward to getting home and firing up Zelda for the first time.

20. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Has anyone played anything besides Zelda? I took a break and played the Snipperclips demo. I was just playing single player but I can see it being a lot of fun with 2 people. Thinking about getting it to play with my kids.