Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch Games' started by crunc, Oct 20, 2016.

1. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    It does look pretty amazing. I haven't read the whole review but here's a quote.

“19 years on Ocarina is still held up as the high water mark of gaming’s best loved and greatest series. Now it may have to settle for second place.”

If that's true, it's going to be something special.

2. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I'm holding off on buying the switch until the fall when it (hopefully!) has a couple more titles I'm interested in. But should I wait until then for Zelda? Or get it on my Wii U?

3. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I'd wait for a full review but from what I've read, the only differences are visuals and frame rate. The frame rate on the Switch is supposed to be pretty solid at 30 fps and the Wii U supposedly is more uneven and drops into the teens at times.

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Yeah, no d-pad on the joycons is a bummer. I hope they release a special left joycon with an actual d-pad for those of us that want that for portable use.

5. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Get Zelda asap. Early reports are looking like its a contender for best game of all time, no joke.

6. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Three more days my friends....I'm so hyped!!!:D

I just wanna play the best game ever!;)

7. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #87 ROGER-NL, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    If I was 15 years younger I would get one, but IOS gaming is so good now, I don't think I need a Switch.

8. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, I've been a hardcore iOS gamer for years now. But I'll leave the option open for a Switch someday. But I just got a PS Vita to remote play my PS4 games. It's sort of the same idea as the Switch, but it'll let me play the new Final Fantasy games. However, if they ever announce a Metroid Prime title, I'll be very tempted!

9. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah Snake Pass on Switch is very tempting for me, Zelda is just too daunting, I finished two Zelda games Ocarina of Time and The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess was too dark for me and I just lost interest it's always the same stuff ha ha, and Mario is also seen that done that, the best Mario for me was Super Mario Sunshine, I found that one of the best console games ever.

Maybe I get one just to fiddle around, I really like those Mario vs. Donkey Kong games if they make one of those, maybe they should make a Mario vs. Donkey Kong game for Ipad that would be the best solution for me.

10. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Haha, everybody needs one Roger & it doesn't matter how old you are!;)

No, really I love iOS gaming. I fell in love with so many games, that my iPad & my phone were my go to consoles the last couple of years.
    But I don't like the problems with the iOS upgrades, all that IAP stuff, games getting lost from the store or your purchase list and the upcoming 64-Bit restriction.

So after seeing the Nintendo Switch presentation, I knew I had to get the new console, as I grew up with Nintendo.
    I'm feeling like 14 again, sounds kinda stupid, but somehow that's the console I've always wanted.

Besides that I won't quit playing with my iPad/phone and looking forward to play new & fantastic games.:D

11. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Getting mine on Friday, pretty excited about Zelda and Bomberman.

12. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Samesies. Along with a case and screen protector.

13. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    This.
    Haha i feel ecactly the same, i think its great when something has the power to make u feel like a kid again! I wont abandon ios but i have not been dependent on ios only for 2 years now. Too many flaws and missed opportunities by apple. Im really hoping the switch will be the one to bring full fledged console gaming on the go.

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Nintendo seems to have scored a lot of solid Indie games. Enter the Gungeon, for one, on Switch will be the first time we can play that game portable. It's really good. It's on PS4, and I have it there, but it was never made for Vita. Alas I won't be getting a Switch at launch. And really I think the first Switch we get will likely be bought by one of our kids and so I won't really have much access to it to take with me.

15. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Not bad, nintendo just announced over 60 new indie games for release and quite a few look fantastic

16. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    I wasn't into steam, so I'm glad that I can play all these sweet indie games on my new console! My life is complete!#❤️#

Runner3 (Fall 2017)
    Stardew Valley (Summer 2017)
    SteamWorld Dig 2 (Summer 2017)
    Yooka Laylee (Soon, Nintendo says)
    Blaster Master Zero (March 9, 2017)
    Pocket Rumble (March 2017)
    Flipping Death (2017)
    Mr. Shifty (April 2017)
    Wargroove (2017)
    Shakedown Hawaii (April 2017)
    Graceful Explosion Machine (April 2017)
    Tumbleseed (Spring 2017)
    Overcooked: Special Edition (2017)
    The Escapists 2 (2017)
    GoNNER (2017)
    Kingdom: Two Crowns (2017)
    Dandara (Summer 2017)
    And here are the rest of the titles coming in 2017:

Rogue Trooper Redux
    The Fall Part 2: Unbound
    TreasureNauts
    sU and the Quest for Meaning
    RIME
    Zombie Vikings
    TowerFall Ascension
    Oceanhorn
    Thumper
    Rive
    Gungeon
    NBA Playgrounds
    1001 Spikes
    Redout
    Unbox: Newbie’s Adventure
    Splasher
    Little Inferno
    Ultimate Chicken Horse
    NeuroVoider
    Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
    Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
    Pankapu
    The Binding of Issac: Afterbirth
    Duck Game
    World of Goo
    Terraria
    Space Dave!
    ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Grove!
    Fast RMX
    Has Been Heroes
    Human Resource Machine
    Snake Pass
    Celeste
    Hollow Knight
    Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
    WonderBoy: The Dragon’s Trap
    AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected
    Portal Knights
    State of Mind
    The Jackbox Party Pack 3
    Ittle Dew 2
    The Next Penelope: Race to Odysseus
    Mutant Mudds
    Battle Chef Brigade
    Perception
    Hover: Revolt of Gamers

17. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #97 Teknikal, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    I don't get the hype behind indie games to be honest they are mostly over hyped garbage, there is no way I will buy a handheld console unless it's getting triple A titles and a lot of support, I made that mistake with the Vita before never again.

Don't get me wrong I'm interested in the switch but indie games mean really nothing at all to me, honestly in my opinion they drag a platform down, I've yet to play an indie game I didn't think was mostly just pathetic I can understand the whole "underdog" thing but to me it's meaningless if the game is undeserving and most indies are out for a fast buck anyway.

I'm mostly interested in how the switch does with big name titles.

18. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I think the majority of potential buyers are most invested in the big-name titles. The question is, how many people, especially kids, will buy more than three or four £60 games a year? The Switch needs alternatives, on a cheaper production line, to keep it going.

I'm not sure that's a bad thing. As mobile gaming indies go, I don't think Crashlands was pathetic, or SteamWorld Heist, or Severed. I think there are some really decent titles here, too. The next SteamWorld Dig plus Shovel Knight and Enter the Gungeon are all interesting.

19. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Funny, I just bought a Vita so I could play all the AAA titles I have on the PS4 remotely. And with all the various platforms that I can already play indie games on, I too am waiting for enough AAA console-exclusive titles that I'm interested in. The new Zelda game looks fantastic to start, but I'd love to see a Metroid Prime HD trilogy pack as well as a new Metroid Prime game. Then I'd probably bite!

20. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Reviews are decidedly mixed from various gaming sites. Apparently there are issues here and there that add up. The reports of Zelda running slower when docked are worrying in that this thing might have trouble pulling off 1080p. That might cause issuses with third parties and limit the games that can go on the switch.