Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch Games' started by crunc, Oct 20, 2016.

1. TrueBlou

TrueBlou Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Software Developer - witenoiz.com
    Scotland
    I went for the grey to start with, just because it looks a bit more subtle. But I'm reckoning I'll buy more colourful ones for my second set of Joycons.

2. TrueBlou

Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Scotland

Same way they do it on the Wii U, there's a touchscreen so there's no problem emulating the DS. They just split the screen.

3. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    This system isn't going to be a success and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Most AAA developers or publishers except UBISOFT aren't going to commit long term because the system is underpowered and they aren't going to invest the time, money and manpower to make games for it, unless their launch games sell a ton of copies, which usually doesn't happen on Nintendo systems anymore. Hardcore gamers will be fine with it for the Nintendo titles, and the occasional killer 3rd party game like Monster Hunter (not announced yet) but to Nintendo and any console manufacturer , that's considered a failure if they aren't selling many 3rd party games, which they need to make money off of.

Like Sony and MS, they are turning to indie game development to help bulk up the conosle library since AAA development and release takes longer than ever now. But the problem here is that Nintendo is turning to mobile unity apps. Nothing wrong with Unity apps, but games like World of Goo are extremely old and will probably have 1000 percent markup from the 99 cent sale price with little effort needed to port the games to switch. I would not surprised to see lots of old games we've already played on IOS on switch. If and when I get a switch, it will strictly be for Nintendo and killer 2nd and 3rd party games you won't see on other systems, that's it.

4. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    I get the part u sed about mobile games on the switch...personally i dont want to see games on app store coming to switch as i have ios devices for that so to me it will kind of cheapen the switch for me into a glorified tablet. I hope thats not the case though. I wrote a comment on this thread earlier about how will the switch is selling so far so im hoping it will be a great success, but yeah i really would rather have console games only, not things like world of goo e.t.c as i already have a place for these game on ios.

5. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    March 3rd is creeping closer!!! Cannot wait, have booked time off work to play with the switch.. i know thats sad haha lol

6. TrueBlou

Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Scotland

Nah, sounds perfectly fine to me :D I may be self employed but I've informed myself I'm taking the 3rd, 4th and 5th off to play Zelda :)

7. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Ended up preordering a Nintendo Vita 2 with Zelda, Bomberman, and Binding of Isaac. Pretty excited.

8. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Haha awesome! I still cant get over that we will be getting full console experiences on a handheld like this! Yeah people go on about mobile but the gb restriction puts a huge limit on what console experiences are available on mobile, so to have a beast like this, feels like ive been waiting forever. I think 2017 will be nintendos year, defo the best profit wise they will have had in years. I cant wait to see the games that trickle out on to the online play, personally im hoping for a lot of wii ports for the online instead of lots of nes and snes games..

9. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    So has Sony and Nintendo finally merged? Cant wait to see this lol ;)

10. Robbie1350

Robbie1350 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    Dude it's called the switch not vita 2

11. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Oh my goodness, thanks for the correction.

Cancelling my preorder, I don't want the Switch, will just wait for the Vita 2 instead.

12. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    If Snake Pass comes to IOS I don't need a Switch, because that is the most interesting game I see besides Zelda and Mario, but Snake Pass does it for me the most, does anyone know that Snake Pass comes to IOS.

13. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Any difference between Zelda for Wii U and the Switch? I would like to get it, but only if the same disc runs on both systems.

14. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I don't think there is a difference content wise. Just prettier visuals on the Switch. However, the Switch uses a game card instead of discs.

15. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Man 1 week to go thinks getting hyped!
    Tbf it is a very expensive kit, i bought a joy con charging grip breath of the wild and the switch and that alone has come to £350
    I dont know wether to get the pro controller? Anybody here going to buy the controller?

16. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    #76 RHess00, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    I know what you mean. After Zelda and a 200gb memory card, I'm up to $420. I'm going to wait on the pro controller until I see how the joycon grip works. I really wish it had a D pad for VC games though.

Edit: I changed the dollar amount. I was thinking the Switch was $250 instead of $300.

17. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I don't understand - I thought there was a D-pad. Two analogue joysticks, a D-pad, four buttons and the paddles, right?

I'm really excited about the Switch - totally sucked in - but a bit nervous to shell out £340 on a Zelda machine. Really wish Nintendo would stop being so mealy-mouthed about the virtual console. It's a big selling point (well, at least to someone like me who has never owned a Nintendo device before), so just tell us what, where and when!

18. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    The D pad on the left joy con is really just 4 separate buttons. Hopefully, it works better than I think.

19. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Damn i forgot the sd card! I have a 32gb one spare but id like a bigger one, 209gb sounds perfect
    Same here i was going to buy the pro but thought its best to wait as ive heard the joycons play great

20. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    10/10 review for Breath Of The Wild by Edge

[​IMG]