Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch Games' started by crunc, Oct 20, 2016.

1. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Only people with bad eyes understand this.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Latest nintendo direct was public... maybe they forgot to hide the link or make it private?

Dark Souls Remastered this May, then upcoming TWEWY Switch (only said 2018) will have new control schemes, which i think may include motion controls.

Unsure if linking out to nintendo direct is allowed here. Feel free to delete if it isnt.

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/01-11-2018/

3. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Never played a Dark Souls game, so I'm really interested in that. Mario Tennis Aces and, especially, Kirby All Stars look amazing. And I am thrilled to get a chance to play Ys VIII.

Very happy with the Nintendo Direct, overall. Fe and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze are also on my radar, and Pokken keeps looking more and more interesting.

I absolutely love The World Ends With You to bits, but not sure I'd double-dip. The iOS version is incredible anyway.

4. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    yup. Im actually triple dipping on TWEWY. TWEWY was gimmicks galore back on the DS and they made it work somehow, and the iOS version had some mechanics removed, and most were changed into more traditional touch options.

On Switch, i hope these skills get back into being "gimmicky" by being replaced by motion controls instead. Not too much, but a bit of gesture controls thrown in the mix would be awesome.

I have seen my friends play Dark Souls, but havent played it myself yet, so this'll be my first Drk Souls experience, and i am prepared to die a lot here. :D

Im also getting either DK or Kirby but not both (yet). Leaning towards Kirby for the local multiplayer where we can play with the kids.

Fe and Hyrule Warriors looks amazing, but im not making a huge backlog on the switch like i did on iOS. LOL

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  6. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

We haven't made any noise about this yet, but we're making Zen Bound 2 for the Switch. Should we succeed, the plan is for visual upgrades, 5.1 audio, and new control schemes. I would not call it a port, or a remaster... an adaptation perhaps?

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nintendo Labo... Thoughts?

8. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Um, yeah. It's a lovely concept, very creative and tactile. Firmly consolidates Nintendo's reputation for invention, family friendliness and for looking beyond the arms race of processing power and graphical fireworks. It will likely further put the Switch at the front of the queue for parents looking to buy a console for their children or the wider family, as it brings in music, construction and imagination, in combination with a peerless library of family-friendly games.

Will I personally be buying very expensive cardboard boxes for my Switch? Unlikely.

(Though the piano does look cool...)

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I will be getting the variety box. The price should mostly be for the software included, which have the controls and interactions needed for the cardboard creations to work. The cardboard patterns hopefully shouldnt be too expensive. And there's no stopping third party companies reproducing the cardboard prints either.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    By the way i just got Implosion for the Switch (still downloading), and checking on the reviews i was surprised at how every youtube reviewer is just button mashing. They are basically missing out on the depth of the combat system with how the different finishers come into play against different types of enemies. Sadlyf.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just completed chapter 1 in Implosion, and the game felt... Lacking, for lack of a better term. the controls are fantastic, the mechanics are solid, and the gameplay is almost perfect, just like how it is on mobile. Except, that the stages felt too small. I think this is where the line between mobile gaming and console (was playing docked the whole time) hybrid.

Implosion is a fantastic game perfectly tailored for mobile, but the scope of the game is quite small when sitting on a couch and playing on the big screen.

12. PeterID

PeterID Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Sky Force Reloaded has finally made it onto Switch!

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/sky-force-reloaded-switch

In case you're wondering whether or not you should check it out - you totally should!
    This release is on par with Steam/PS4/XBO versions and you can use two Joy-Cons to play co-op.

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.

13. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    i saw this just yesterday but is there any visual improvement on switch over the iOS version peter? sky force has always been my favorite. oh and what is you guys working on now?

14. PeterID

PeterID Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Visual improvement? Not really. It looked pretty from the beginning :) Some effects got a minor reworks, Octopus and Iron Clad have different Supercharges, power-ups have different looks throughout their upgrade levels. There are also new models for the planes and, most notably, it's widescreen now.
    As for what we're doing right now - we're still closing up some things related to Sky Force Reloaded. Other than that - we've got some small projects too early in the development or too secret to talk about right now ;)

Best regards,
    Peter,
    Infinite Dreams.

15. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    cool, i already got it from the switch eshop. still havent got time to play it yet but i know it will be awesome without the timer etc.

16. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Manticore: Galaxy on Fire (Nintendo Switch)!!

BIG NEWS!!!

Galaxy on Fire 3 - Manticore (iOS/Android) is being ported to the Nintendo Switch under the new title "Manticore: Galaxy on Fire" with all-new enhancements and content far beyond what the mobile version could ever dream to have - it's finally a COMPLETE product now!! Looks like DEEP SILVER FISHLABS finally came to their senses and made an excellent decision this time around...Manticore: Galaxy on Fire (Nintendo Switch) is looking to the be the truest iteration of the 3rd GOF installment yet because it looks like they're making some major adjustments to the game which is bringing it a bit closer to how GOF2 played.

Check out the official press release for all the juicy details! ;)

17. Kwadius

Kwadius Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Loved it on the iPad. Can’t wait to give it a go on Switch.

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Taken from Manticore's press release details...

SOLD.

19. Shadow Bug

Shadow Bug Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Helsinki, Finland
  20. JetDogs

JetDogs Member

Jun 22, 2017