Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch Games' started by crunc, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Grats!

2. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Galactic Keep on Switch, please!!!!!!!!!!

3. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Shantae: Half-Genie Hero is sooooo good. Metriodvania with lots of upgrades and abilities, great graphics and perfect controls. Absolutely love it!

4. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Great to know! Finally finished Shovel Knight (the first one) last night, although I haven't got all the secrets or made a dent in the challenges. Super game - it really has masses to offer. It would be easy to sink another 10hrs or more into getting achievements and secrets and things.

Going to move on to Wonder Boy, though, for a change of pace - then I think I will definitely pick up Shantae after that.

5. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Bought Half-Genie from this thread alone. Didn't even see it before. Nice.

6. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Don't know if anybody else watched the Ubisoft conference, but that Mario + Rabbids game actually looks pretty good. It's not, as I was expecting, a Mario Party type game with minigames. It's a strategy game sort of like XCom, though I doubt with permadeath, haha.

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I just need Skyrim to hurry up and get here...

8. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    After buying the Switch for BOTW I had no clue what else I might want and now it looks like I'll maybe get

Mario + Rabbids

Mario Odyssey

Splatoon 2 - as long as the 1p mode seems good. I know it is a total online game but I use my Switch on business trips and even on my flights so 1p is important to me as wellZ

9. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Dude - you got to hold on for Metroid Prime 4 too! (Probably late 2019, if we're lucky.) More seriously, Mario Odyssey looks amazing; Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is going to be cool; and Hollow Knight and SteamWorld Dig 2 will round out the year nicely.

10. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    #610 RHess00, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    I've only played the 2D Metroids. Does it translate well to first person? I'm actually more excited about the Metroid 2 remake for 3DS.

11. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I don't have a switch, but if any game would convince me, it would probably be Metroid Prime 4. I loved the first and second back when I had a GameCube. I'm only Sony now, but I love Metroid. It translated to 3D seamlessly thanks to Retro Studios. Hope Nintendo do just as good of a job with 4.

12. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Anyone tried out Oceanhorn for Switch?!?!

13. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I already played it on iOS. It's a great game though. I would definitely recommend it if you like the 16 bit Zelda games. I'd be tempted to buy it again if I didn't have too many games already.

14. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I played it on IOS also but want to check out the differences with physical controls.

15. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Physical controls are great, works perfectly. I also own it on the phone but never played much of it.

16. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I'm an old school gamer and my wife and I our expecting our first baby in late October... it looked like my list was already ridiculously big as I initially bought the Switch do play BOTW! I'm 80 m+ hours into BOTW and have done so little... I need to get focused and stop getting so distracted by wanting to know what is up this mountain or on the other side of something and just maybe do the main quest. It's embarrassing to admit I only opened up 4 towers and have played mainly in these regions only as i told myself my goals was to explore only what I opened up in the map. I also have only done the great plateau main quests and the first two or three in the main world... about 35 koroks and 12 shrines! Crazy right???

So with the other two or theee games you are seriously killing me... the Switch has a crazy good line up!

I agree:
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (release is 2017?)
    SteamWorld Dig 2 (ios vs Switch?)
    Metroid Prime 4 (yes! Still remember the original)

I still have my N3ds and unfortunately tons of hands on it to play:

Xenoblade Chronicles
    Fire Emblem series
    Inazuma 11 (2 games)
    And a couple of more...

As we expand to have a little one I see my gaming career slowly finish but am super excited to become a Dad!

My goal: to keep playing BOTW and see how I feel about Splatoon 2 as it likely is the next big release in my list and maybe see what else I can play before the baby arrives... might be time to hang up the old controllers for a little while...

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    #617 Amenbrother, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    Implosion on Switch!!!!!!

EDIT: Its awesome too! Played it more than the IOS version already!

18. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Every time I see a ios game land on switch I find myself in a tough spot. Switch w/ integrated physical controls or my ipad 12.9 with two physical controller options (i own the gamevice and the steel series nimbus controllers).

19. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Man I am not gonna lie Implosion is amazing on Switch!

20. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008