Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch Games' started by crunc, Oct 20, 2016.

1. jayplay

jayplay Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 21, 2015
    Entrepreneur
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Konami confirmed the 49,99 €/$ price tag for Super Bomberman R. It's the same price in Europe, USA and the UK. There goes my hope for a more reasonable price point of 29,99. :-(

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Been ignoring this up til now but I just seen the fact skyrim was on it, when I bought my Vita I was really expecting it to have big games like that so right now I think I might actually buy a switch.

If I can play skyrim on the go in decent quality I almost certainly will so I guess I'll be keeping an eye out for reviews etc.

3. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Does anyone know if there will be an online service to buy games straight away? Like wii games or possibly 3ds games? Or will it simply be games on launch only??
    Never had a wii so would love to play the games via nintendo e shop on the switch!

4. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I read an article saying that The Binding of Isaac will be a day one release and they said it would be available on the eShop as well as cartridge. So I guess the eShop will be there day one. How many games will be available for Switch is anyone's guess but I would say not many at first.

5. TrueBlou

TrueBlou Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Software Developer - witenoiz.com
    Scotland
    I was always destined to be buying this anyway, I'm a Nintendo fan, I always buy their systems for Zelda, Mario and so on.

But I'm really looking forward to the Switch regardless. People complain that it's not as powerful as the PS4 and Xbox, so what, I've got them I don't need another one.
    I think of the Switch as a handheld that can connect to the TV instead of the other way around. In that respect it's a bloody good system.

I hope it gets the third party support it deserves, but either way there's going to be a lot of good games on it. I'm especially glad they've kept the off-screen play concept from the Wii U, one of my favourite things about that console. I can keep playing while there's crap on the TV without going to a different room and being separate from the family.

6. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I get the Switch this Christmas, first I said no, but I have seen so many video's of it on youtube that I can't resist, if it were only for the controllers the Blue and Red one, as everyone knows I love colors and those Joycon controllers atracted me like nothing else would matter anymore.

7. TrueBlou

Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Scotland
    I'm not a fan of motion controls in general, but the JoyCons do look like they'll have some nifty additions. I like the HD Rumble idea and the IR detector could possibly throw in some interesting ideas.I'm sold anyway, my pre-order was in mere seconds after it went on sale. Along with Zelda, Mario Kart (even though I've played it to death already) and a Pro Controller. I'll definitely be jumping on Ultra Street Fighter 2 as well, oh the memories of blistered thumbs from back in the SNES days :D

8. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Since the jan 13th review of swich, i keep seeing so much bad press and troll articles and click bait titles all around why i wont buy the switch, or main why u shud not get the switch! Its ridiculous! Yes the powe is a little bit underwhelming for people who want to enjoy next gen games, as i was reading today res evil 7 wont be coming to the switch? Im buying a switch as nintendo have some awesome games and franchises, and some of the switch only games are more appealing to me then alot of the xbox one and station 4 games. Also we live in a time where right now its common for people to have multiple gaming platforms, so i wish they would just take it in the context its given. Also without a doubt he next switch version will be alot more powefuller, the question mark is only...will the 3rd party devs follow through on their promise of games if the switch is not that successful? The fact that 80 games are already in development for the switch ersonally puts me at ease. What do u guys think now that yiu know oretty much what it can do, do u think it will at least be enough of a success to see more powerfuler switches in the near future?

9. TrueBlou

Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Scotland

I actually think for a change they have a half decent chance of getting more third party support than usual.
    I think it's going to be a slow burner but there's a lot of potential with the Switch and once the games start flowing interest will grow. E3 hasn't hit yet, I've little doubt Nintendo has held some reveals back for that event. We've not seen the full force of what's to come for the Switch yet.

I try and ignore all of the , oh my god it's so underpowered nonsense. It just winds me up.
    Yeah, it's not a match for PS4, let alone PS4 Pro. So what? It's a different system. It's more powerful than and Xbox 360 or PS3 and you can put the damn thing in your (big :D) pocket.

Look at what Nintendo managed with Wii U. I still think Mario Kart is a stunner and Switch has more power than that.
    Besides, gameplay is what matters, to me at least. I still play my NES, SNES, Megadrive, PC Engine and so on. And it's sure as hell not because they can throw around 1000,000,0000 polygons. It's because there's some damn good games.

And all of these folk who drag out the, Nintendo is for kids. Really? Is it? Or is it just that you don't know the difference between fun and a game for kids. We don't need blood splattered around by the gallon to have fun. New Super Mario, Mario 3D World, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Bayonetta, Pikmin, Zelda. Mario Maker, o could go on. But the point is, I'm 43 and each of those games on Wii U had given me at least as much, if not more in some cases, joy and entertainment than any of the games on my PS4 Pro or Xbone.

I've been playing games for 40 years now and I'll keep doing so, no matter what they look like or how others perceive them. If they're fun and entertaining then that's all I ask for. If they happen to look nice as well, that's a bonus, but it's not my number one priority.

Hmmm, I could go on but I think that's enough of a rant for now. :D

10. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm looking forward to the new Mario. And MK finally gets a real battle mode so that's great. It would be REAL nice if they finally allowed you to voice chat with your friends while actually racing, though. Maybe their weird app-based method will allow that. I'm not sold on that disconnected voice chat though. Especially because I don't want to run my phone battery down while playing games on the Switch.

11. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Wow that was really well put! I couldnt agree more. The main game that has attracted me to the switch is a new one by square enix, called Project Octopath....just the trailer and the style of the game captured my heart and i desperatley want to experience it!
    Im also in my 30s and i agree that next gen does not equal good fun games, i asked my friend today who has nearly all the games on ps4, if any of the games on there are in his top ten of all time, he said not one would make his top 20 even though he loves his ps4. He actually still breaks out his 3ds all the time even though he has these next gen consoles, i know thats one guy but it really does show that power and graphics is not the be all end all of gaming, people need to remember that the switch has awesome graphics for what it is, i mean its powerfuller then an xbox 360 and station 3 which were powerful machines so to have that on the go, well its a no brainer. If you have not seen the project octopath trailer have alook as you will probably see why it got my attention out of all the games even though im hyoed for all of them!

12. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    So far, that's the only game I'd be interested in. I'll probably wait to see if any more catch my eye. And the price comes down!

13. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    There are awesome things like The Last of Us, GTA V (even if remasters) and The Witcher 3, but I agree.

The main problem is that AAA are ridiculously expensive to produce on this gen and devs have to play it safe and try to appeal to as many people as possible. So we have mostly bland and forgetable games.

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Nintendo's portable heyday was on the DS. They had great 3rd party support and tons of great games. The 3DS doesn't have anywhere near the great library that the DS had. The WiiU is even worse. Yes there are some good 1st party games for it, but nothing from 3rd parties of note, and even the 1st party games are of pretty varying quality. And they are making the same games they always have. We'll see how things go with the Switch. Hopefully it gets good 3rd party support.

I've had a ton of fun with my PS4 and some of the games do rank up there as the best games I've played. Though mostly the indie games are my favorites. Spelunky is probably my favorite game of all time on any console. Spelunky would probably suck on the Switch in portable mode because of the lack of a real d-pad. For me it would suck for pretty much any 2D platformer because I use the d-pad not the analog for those. I hope they make a joy con with a real d-pad at some point. Doesn't need to have functionality as a separate controller. Just give me a good d-pad. Carrying around a Pro controller with it doesn't really work. That's not even remotely portable enough.

Still the new Mario game looks great, and I do like a good Zelda game. So I'm still excited for it, but in no way would it replace my PS4. It would be a supplement.

15. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Just preordered my red and blue joycon switch today ready for delivery on release date yay!
    I bought in uk from a shop called argos, now when i went on site i put in my postcode, then it asked me to check availability...now when i purchased ( and bear in mind in an area of 10 square miles in my town there are 7 argos shops, the one i went to being the smallest) it then said, 107 nintendo switches already paid for on preorder...now personally that sounds pretty amazing considering its not a big town, thats nearly a 1000 if u count the other stores on average or close, in one small area. Hypothetically going by that it should sell a few million easy on release, dont want to say a figure but i was not expecting those figures myself already at my local store?!

P.s when i say millions i mean altogether across all countries...

16. TrueBlou

Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Scotland

For me it would be the original Game Boy, probably because it was like nothing else before it. It ushered in a whole new world of mobile gaming and had a ridiculous amount of games.
    I struggle to pick a favourite game of all time, there's just so many. It would probably be Mario 3 or Super Mario World, maybe one of the Zeldas. Simply because even after almost 30 years I still go back to them time and time again. I don't think there's many games releasing these days that will have the same lasting effect on me.

You're dead right though, for most of us the day when you could have a Nintendo system as your only one has passed, for now. I'm looking forward to the Switch and many of the games it'll bring but it won't replace my PS4 Pro or Xbone, not by a long shot. But there's still a part of me that would dearly love Ninty to pull a SNES 2 and put out a seriously powerful, modern console with all the trimmings. I mean, look at what the big N can do with the systems they release. Now multiply that by a factor of 5 or 6 to a really powerful system. One can dream :D

17. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, GBA was mine too. I'm so glad that I can still play my collection on the go. But I'd pay for them all over again if Nintendo created their own app for emulation and partnered with third parties to sell GBA games again. Too much work for not enough profit in assuming. But for me, Zelda and Mario have stayed there.

18. TrueBlou

Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Scotland
    What I'd love to see them do and I think it's madness that they haven't already. Is a PlayStation Now style service.
    One monthly fee for access to NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Game Boy, GBA and maybe DS.

That would be a killer feature. Hell if I wasn't buying a Switch already, I sure as hell would for access to that. Some of the greatest games ever created were on those systems and I think they'd make more money from a subscription service than they will selling individual games on virtual console.

Purely because I personally find their Virtual Console prices to be a bit on the high side. I've still got all of my old consoles so I'll play them there. But a subscription service I would definitely go for, just for the convenience and breadth of titles available.

19. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Which colour did u go with? Did u get the classic grey? When i ordered there was only the red and blue ones left which i thought would have sold first?!

20. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I don't know how they'd provide DS games on the Switch since the DS has dual-screens. So I don't see that happening. GB/GBC/GBA for sure.

Though maybe the screen is large enough to show both DS screens on one screen? I don't know.