Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Omega-F, Jan 19, 2011.

1. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I thought it did it automatically but I guess it doesn't. Thanks for clearing that up!

2. SpiritBomb Studios

SpiritBomb Studios Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Game Developer
    Saigon, Vietnam
    I've been playing a lot of games on the 3DS, the best so far is Fire Emblem : Awakening.
    Super Mario 3D Land is also good

3. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

So I just got a 3DS from a friend who no longer wanted it, and I need help. I NEED THE BEST GAMES. THE BESSSSSSSST. HALP!

4. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Mh4u and smash, it's all you ever need

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    There are so many excellent 3DS games, it is hard to even know where to start. The Zelda 3DS games are all excellent, and easy recommends. If you like Professor Layton games, those are also great. Luigis Mansion is fun, the 999 series of games are great. fF Tactics is wonderful. Pushmo/Crashmo on the eshop are still great puzzlers. The Mario games are great.

Not sure if Monster Hunters requires the NEW 3DS, if it does make sure your harware is correct, otherwise it wont run. Also the Pokemon X or Y are great.

Like i said, so many great games. Google for best 3DS games and you will find tons of info and games to love. My favovorites have been Majoras Mask and Link to the past just because playing them on SNES and N64 were so amazing.

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #1546 JCho133, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    Binding of freakin Isaac, Steamworld freakin Dig, MH4U, Gunvolt, Smash Bros, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate does NOT require a New 3DS, however Binding of Isaac does.

7. Zerodactyl

Zerodactyl Well-Known Member

As pluto6 said, there are so many amazing 3DS games out there to play. Some of the favourites include The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Fire Emblem: Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Shovel Knight and Super Mario 3D Land. If you're looking to play online or local multiplayer, I would bag Mario Kart 7, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. If you're looking to have a laugh, then I would buy Tomodachi Life. Obviously there are other great 3DS games, but these are the ones I've selected and think are awesome.

8. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Thanks guys :)! Looking into some games now!

9. Oldgamer

Oldgamer Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    I joined the 3DS owners club today. I would never have dreamed of buying one tbh but a friend called yesterday and he showed me his 3DS. The most amazing thing about it was he was playing classic games on it! (I tried emulators on the iPad but touch screen controls just don't cut it)

He showed me it playing Jetpac, Manic Miner, Knight Lore, Sabre Wulf, Jumping Jack and many more. I was really amazed, I didn't think you could do stuff like that and as I'm a huge retro gaming fan (I say lots of 80's games were and still are more fun than some of today's) so now I'm just back from the shop with my first 3ds. (Pretty expensive.. Ouch!) I guess I'm going to need to get on the dog'n'bone to my friend and get help installing the emulators.

I didn't buy any 3ds games today but I will browse this thread fully and there might be something new for me to buy when I'm tired of Spectrum games :)

10. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Don't get Monster Hunter most overrated game ever!

11. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    There are some great games that go on sale on the Nintendo E-shop. Also, great 3DS games go on sale a lot as well. Since its a cartridge, they almost never go bad, so buying used is also a very reasonable option. I am not aware of installing emulators on a 3DS, but perhaps that is happening. I think you will enjoy it. I got the XL model a while back and love the larger screen sizes.

12. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Many many many gamers would beg to differ

13. qdiddy

qdiddy Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2014
    I dunno, 156 hours hardly seems overrated for me.

14. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    I know a lot of people like it but I just don't get it, I guess I don't like hunting and I found it so boring it takes forever to do anything.

15. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    STEAMWORLD HEIST!!! Finally!!!

16. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Verdict?

Is it like a tower defence game?

17. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    No it's a Turn-Based strategy. Think of it like a 2-dimensional/sidescrolling XCOM.

Quite frankly is probably my game of the year. Loads and Loads of content and some of the most polish I've seen in a game for a long time.

You can tell it's a labor of love

18. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Sweet. Sold!

Might Grab Terarria as well, I think it might work better with controls.

19. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    I'm tempted to get that too, but I'm so occupied w Steamworld atm there'd be no point haha. Almost definitely in the future though.

Can you let me know how they utilize the touchscreen if you pick up Terraria? I'd be interested to see if it's for mining or for the inventory

20. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    I'm just about to defect over from Vita to 3DS and looking forward to a great Square Enix back catalogue (among many other games). I have a list of games I am after but are there any that people here would recommend right off the bat?