Universal Ninja Village - (by Kairosoft Co.,Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 18, 2014.

1. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I got burned by their last title. Pocket Stables I think? If you're not a horse lover, skip it. I'm a fan of management sims, but PS didn't do much for me.

My favorite title I think was Beastie Bay. The combat in that one was pretty sweet. Unfortunately it was a bit freemium. And I swear I remember buying it originally...

This one makes me curious though. This thread needs more impressions!

2. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    I did not play the Astro one. My favorite is Dungeon Village, is this similar at all?

3. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Okay, one quick question for those people that have already bought this. Can you name each warrior?

4. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Yes, but they're developed for DoComo, which is a Japanese mobile company! and ported to iOS and android.
    So I'm almost positive they are developed for mobile, which means that my point is valid....

They could easily step up their game, and the virtual controls are pointless.

5. parabola_master

parabola_master Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Is it true that this game doesn't support the iPhone 5 wide screen? Why is that?

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I've had any of the previous titles that interested me and this sounds good and I'm sure it'll be addictive but I have Dungeon Story and Epic Astro story and a pile of others so just having ninjas doesn't do it for me.

I love the developers games but wish they supported the best ones with more content updates.

7. witedahlia

witedahlia Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    I would have to say it's not really like Dungeon Village. It is more like Oh! Edo Towns or Venture Town, if you have played either of those. Even though I think Dungeon Village and Beastie Bay are tied for first for my favorite Kairosoft games, I am really enjoying this one.

8. B-Rabbit

B-Rabbit Active Member

Dec 6, 2012
    I loved Dungeon Village, but haven't been able to really stay interested in the other series titles. This one looks fun though!

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I really need to try Beastie Bay I opened it up once and couldn't decide which pet/monster I wanted as I'm very indecisive at times and like to know what's what and haven't opened it up since.

10. cameron331

cameron331 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    This is the first Kairosoft games in a while that I'm totally hooked on. Expanding your town, and raising and fighting your army is a blast.

I have about 10 citizens, 2 tea shops and a tofu shop. I have 3 workshops and 9 or 10 fields. Any tips on keeping my shops stocked? I just added the third workshop and it seems to help, but I'm not sure what else to do.

11. witedahlia

witedahlia Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    I assume you already know that placing mines and trees near your workshops improves production, but just thought I'd mention it. Also if your citizens have certain characteristics that can help the town (i.e. hardworking as opposed to warrior-type characteristics) I think their houses being next to a warehouse can help.

12. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2011
    You could also tell your people to stop selling material. Then they will use all resources in workshops instead of selling them to merchants.

13. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    It does support the iPhone 5 screen, as does Pocket Stables and Dream House Days, I don't know if any of the earlier ones do. Most of them have lite versions you can try though.

14. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Indeed, I see even Pocket Stables has a lite version now.

I think the most popular Kairosoft titles will obviously be those with the most depth or those with a theme which would be popular among iOS gamers, ie Game Dev Story.

I have all their titles and after testing all it would appear only the three you mentioned; Ninja Village, Pocket Stables, and Dream House Days, support the iPhone 5 screen and their previous titles do not.

I'm really loving this one though. :)

15. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I'm enjoying it too, I'm finding it much more fun than Epic Astro Story (they are sort of similar). I haven't played Pocket Stables yet, that's next on my list after I've finished this one!

16. Churchill92

Churchill92 Active Member

Aug 8, 2013
    I have come to the conclusion that once these games drop to 1.99 i instantly buy them. Ill play the all the way through once and never again.

17. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    how long is this game and is it more in depth then Game dev story?