Universal Nimian Legends : Vandgels (by Protopop Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Original Air here. I just have hard time justifying over 1000 € for tablet for some reason

Protopop likes this.
  2. Protopop

Protopop Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    I don't blame you. It wasnt long ago 500$ got you the best iPad. Its like they cost sooo much more than even a game console, although they do a lot. But i would love to see a return to more accessible devices. The price conversion between countries doesnt help either. iPhone XS is 999$ US, in Canada with apple care and tax it comes to almost 1900$ ! They're nice devices, but the majority of humans on earth cant come close to affording this.

3. Hymnlocke

Hymnlocke Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Don't play action games much but I picked this up. It controls well and looks beautiful but the reason I bought it was Protopop specifically in this thread. Take note developers; this is how you interact with a community. A game by a gamer for gamers with genuine passion and skill

RedThumb, Duke12 and Protopop like this.
  4. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Wow thats great both that you picked up the game (thank you! all funds go into more games) and gave me this good feeling compliment:) I have to admit i dont always have time to answer everyone right away, but i do try to speak with everyone as much as possible. I mean without people to play my games there isnt much of a point to this. I like exploring my own games but its really the sharing that makes the difference. And i find so many people are so supportive and give really helpful feedback that makes the games better. Its funny because i call myself a solo developer, but the games are really made in a kind of collaboration with players - the games would not be the same without you:) BTW Hymnlocke is a very cool name - if you wouldn't mind seeing a character named Hymnlocke in one of the games let me know.

5. Munkie

Munkie New Member

Apr 21, 2017
    Character customization, or just the purple female? Gear change characters appearance?

6. Hymnlocke

Hymnlocke Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Oh goodness yes <3

Protopop likes this.
  7. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    In STORY MODE you are pretty much stuck with purple girl (real name, Nepto Suvika, heiress to the Silver Bank). And game wide there's no character or gear customizations. But you can solve mini dungeons in DUNGEONETTE or EXPLORATEUR mode and each one has shapechange power, there are 15 shape changes in total - people, robots, birds, animals.... You can also find Rune Stones hidden across the land - over 30 in total, and use them to customize power upgrades, like lightning attacks, or faster attack speed, summon ghost guardians etc.

Shapechanges

IMG_5740.jpg

Upgrade System

IMG_5741.jpg

8. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Ive added Hymnlocke to my list of names document. A couple of real world players have been inducted into the games -

Jack Hay visits brightridge inn
    https://nimianlegends.fandom.com/wiki/Jack_Hay

Rivershard - who in real life almost singlhandedly filled up the Nimian Legends Wiki - is a character in Vandgels

And Nullzone and MisterEx are players who have books in Vandgels Library and a mention or two in BrightRidge:)

9. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    It does look amazing! Congrats on the release. Grabbing it right now, even though I've got loads of work I'm doing. I'm so happy to see this one finally out there.

Protopop likes this.
  10. christianX0

christianX0 Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Male
    Sweden
    Congratulations, Nimian Legends : Vandgels is in the ”New games we love” section on the Appstore, at least here in Sweden. Well deserved!

Attached Files:

Protopop likes this.
  11. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Me too:) Thanks for all your moral support with BrightRidge and Vandgels. Good luck with work, and you know my games, its there whenever you want to pop in, relax and explore.

12. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Tack:) Oh that's really cool! I love when people let me know about game mentions. And im pretty thrilled to see that - what a nice surprise and i whoever did it thank you for the shut out. And thanks for the pic - i saved it for my memories and to keep me motivated :)

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    These freaking graphics wow....

Protopop likes this.
  14. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    :) Thanks -Im glad you like them. Theyre iPad Pro shots so earlier devices have lower quality, but im pretty good at keeping the spirit and atmosphere between versions, and i included a ton of options so you can really customize the quality to get whichever balance of speed and looks you want. I have to say i love a good sunset and i was very inspired by Fable 2 which i used to play and was amazed by the bloom and the lighting. A lot of that look has made it into Vandgels and BrightRidge

15. ThirdMoon

ThirdMoon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Congratulations on being featured on the UK App Store!
    [​IMG]

Protopop likes this.
  16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Felicitations from the Netherlands as well ;)

C6AC9255-5A67-4909-A640-AB6ADB5AB16D.jpeg

Protopop likes this.
  17. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    I love this - thank you:) Im sorry I didn't respond sooner - my Macbook died and apple couldn't repair it - and I ended up fixing it myself. Yeah this really helped with my initial sales and I just also think this is probably my favourite shot of the main character Nepto. Actually releasing this game made me realize how much I didn't;t know, and I'm researching and organizing and learning for my next game and for Vandgels updates. One of the nice side effects of my Mac crash was I wiped the drive and only reinstalled what's important, so now I have more hard drive space free to store multiple copies of the game which should let me work with updates more efficiently. Anyways thanks so much for sharing this.

18. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    I so thrilled about this:) I dont know if I had mentioned it to you but I've been without my Mac for a few weeks so incognito - it was shutting down randomly and apple couldn't fix it but when I got it home I found a fix by deleting buggy ethernet thunderbolt drivers - thanks to the internet community who discovered this issue. Anyways I am back to working and learning. Theres actually a lot I liked about BrightRidge better than vandals, and making a second game has given me something to contrast and compare and learn from. Im working on Vandgels updates and also Wilderless, my new game that is different and will be released in stages. More about that at some point:) Thanks for supporting me and for sharing the image - I didn't actually get toes this myself on my iPhone so im glad to have it shared here for posterity:)

19. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I remember people liking this so thought I’d post and say it’s currently free as is Bright Ridge.

Truncana, Protopop and ThirdMoon like this.
  20. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Thanks for spreading the word:)

ste86uk likes this.