Universal Nimian Legends : Vandgels (by Protopop Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/nimian-legends-vandgels/id1234134376

Nimian Legends: Vandgels

Robert Kabwe
    Discover the Rich and Immersive World of Vandgels Embark on a captivating open-world fantasy adventure, four times larg…
    $3.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Discover the Rich and Immersive World of Vandgels Embark on a captivating open-world fantasy adventure, four times larger than Nimian Legends: BrightRidge. Experience a genuine open world teeming with intriguing characters, breathtaking locations, and rewarding upgrades. A Complete RPG Experience: No Ads No In-App Purchases No Time Limits Offline Play: No WiFi Needed Engaging Story Mode: Rise of the Empra Delve into an epic narrative where Ambassadors of Faith, Fortune, and Force convene in the ancient, snow-covered citadel of Vandgels to determine the fate of their nation. Challenging Dungeonette Mode: Uncover 10 transformative abilities concealed within 10 mini-dungeons throughout the land. Conquer them all to receive a coveted reward. Relaxing Explore Mode: Need a break from the action? Wander through the untamed rivers, valleys, and waterfalls of Vandgels at your leisure, taking in the calming beauty of the world. Immersive Photo Mode: Capture the stunning landscapes and elusive wildlife in their natural habitats using your Spirit View to track animals, each with unique behaviors and environments. Personalize Your Adventure: Tailor your experience with an extensive array of customization options. Alter the time of day, activate Watercolor mode for a living painting effect, apply filters, and more. Dynamic Weather and Day/Night Cycle: Experience the diverse elements of Vandgels, from rainstorms and gusting winds to serene snowfalls. Modify the weather as you desire for a truly immersive experience. TRAILER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUhpVRnuR4U INSTAGRAM https://www.instagram.com/protopopgames/ TWITTER https://twitter.com/protopop FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/protopopgames/ ________________________________ As a passionate solo indie developer, I've poured my heart into crafting this game. I hope you find as much joy in exploring this world as I had in creating it. A heartfelt thank you to everyone who took the time to leave a review. Whether positive or negative, each one provides invaluable insights into the game's real-world performance, and I truly appreciate it. Knowing that people enjoy the game is incredibly motivating for a solo developer like myself. Nimian Legends is a unique and original fantasy universe. Explore the interactive map at http://NimianLegends.com. A special thanks to Touch Arcade for your insightful reviews and for being an excellent resource for mobile game news: http://toucharcade.com/. ...AND A PERSONAL THANK YOU A big thank you to Nullzone, RiverShard, MisterDerez, Liam, Curtis, DK_1287, redribbon, Ashley, Jimmy, Benjamin ,Jack and everyone who has helped me test and supported Nimian Legends. A project of this size is a challenge to create on my own, and your support and encouragement have helped me through difficult times. Thank you for supporting Nimian Legends. I'm available at [email protected] for questions, bug reports or other assistance.
    Information
    Seller:Robert Kabwe
    Genre:Adventure, Role Playing
    Release:Aug 26, 2019
    Updated:Apr 05, 2023
    Version:2.0
    Size:199.2 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Wow this looks beautiful

3. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    F... me, my device not supported....

4. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Is 60 fps supported?

justelvis81 and Protopop like this.
  5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Ah, here we are ;)
    Very nice to finally see the second of Robert's brainchildren released.
    Absolutely awesome stuff, as usual. Still playing through the storymode, and that one is off to a great start as well. Who knew Robert is a good storyteller on top of everything else, too? :D Impressions so far are mostly from exploring freely, and what my son and I have seen so far is absolutely gorgeous.

Indeed it is. Just like with about everything else, you can customise it.
    You need to switch off the 30fps limiter first, though: In the menu, go to Quality, then Effects. There you have the 30fps toggle and a "show FPS" option.
    I didn't crank everything up to max yet on my big 2017 iPad Pro; with the default settings for that device, it's running at a constant 59-60 fps. Quite sure it could go higher; but there seems to be a hard limit at 60, most likely a restriction Apple put into their graphics driver.

Protopop likes this.
  6. Capronissimo71

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks!

7. christianX0

christianX0 Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Male
    Sweden
    Finally!
    First impressions, it looks beautiful. :)

Protopop likes this.
  8. chengchisang

chengchisang Well-Known Member

May 25, 2018
    One-liner-impression: US$3.99 for candies alone makes it a steal, but you need to have some good hardware to get the best out of it.

Protopop likes this.
  9. Protopop

Protopop Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    #9 Protopop, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    Yeah im sorry about that. It heavier than BrightRidge, so it doesnt officially support the devices listed as not compatible. I mean it will open on them, but it will likely crash depending on the circumstances, so i limited official support to 2gb devices. Im going to keep working on it to optimize it more, so you never know.

Edit: i sent you a code for a free copy so you can try it without risk on an unsupported device:)

10. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Ooo thank you for opening this thread. There's already a bunch of questions and i love answering them :)

11. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Yes depending on the device and where you are in the game. I cant force 60fps, but you can unlock the frame rate so that it can go as hugh as 60fps. beware though that this will likely sue a lot more power and battery. Goto Options-quality-effects and unlock 30 fps option. You can show the fps on screen too if it interests you, but know that showing it actually slows down the frame rate a touch too because it has to draw that dynamic number.

12. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Thank you:) I try to give it a lot of atmosphere. Its bigger than my first game but more open, there is more weather and places underground to explore, and i think a larger story and a mode to explore mini dungeons and find shape changes.

sakara214ever likes this.
  13. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Thanks for answering they're question:) Im glad you know so much about the game. And also for the encouragement. This game was a really hard one because a lot of tech issues popped up over the course of the development, because Unity, Android, IOS, MAcOS and Xcode all implemented new versions that changed a lot of things performance and tech wise, so it was rougher than i wanted. But i am very glad it is out,a nd i have already been watching people play, and like with BrightRidge i am learning a bunch of things and plan several updates to help polish the game over the next little while. I also learned that technology progressing can be a big problem over a 3 year development cycle, so i have been planning a way to mitigate that in my next game - code name Project Wilderless - and get more polish and performance. I am very happy your son likes it, and i hope other people enjoy it too. I was actually the slightest bit apprehensive that the story may be a bit controversial, but so far people seem to enjoy it and I am not really a trained storyteller, so again i just kept the the story and the characters simple and hope it makes sense :) Btw i think the first book in the librarium in the castle was written by a sage called Nulzon if you pass by it;)

14. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Yeah, i just found a post from august 2017 and i was like "it will be ready in a couple of months":) Wow was i wrong. But its here in all its rough glory and im glad people can visit it and enjoy the story, or just walk around and explore the world and test out all the options. Thanks for taking a moment to write and let me know you like the look of it.

15. Capronissimo71

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks!

Protopop likes this.
  16. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Nicely summed up:) Yeah, it works best on 2gb devices. It was sometimes crashing on earlier ones so i removed official support for them, even though its technically possible - if anyone has an earlier device let me know, i have a few codes so you can try it for free so you wont get stuck - but on the new supported devices, especially newer ones, it runs really well and it very solid, and you can even raise the quality quite high depending on what your priorities are.

17. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    What about battery drain?

18. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    I'll be honest - It's probably pretty fast compared to lighter games because the game is an energy hog, and probably faster if you switch to the 60fps option.

lilneo likes this.
  19. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Thank you, just played about 40 min and it crashed maybe 3 times. Not too bad considering. Seriously thinking about buying a new Ipad now.

Protopop likes this.
  20. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    I'm glad the free code worked, and its cool that the game worked at all on an unsupported device. It iPAd Mini 2, right? Who knows, maybe as i optimize i could even backport full support to these.

I get it about thinking about a new iPAd. I bought an ipad pro 2017 as an upgrade from my iPad Air 2 and i really noticed the difference:)