Universal Nimian Legends : BrightRidge HD (by Robert Kabwe)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Protopop

Protopop Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Yeah that was a mistake about the name. I need to redo it and fix the text at the bottom of the screen but it was a test for iphone x, and it works:) When i get some time i will redo it and release it live.

good eye about field of view. I added a slider and you can go from like 20 to 100, it lets you compose some really interesting shots when combined with the new expanded depth of field. All just for playing around with though, in the game its standard with no depth of field, unless you want to run it on. All these updates will be ported back from vandgels to BrightRidge too:)

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Re backporting:
    I wonder if today's devices are powerful enough now that you could integrate Brightridge and Vandgels into one large environment.
    Can remember that it wasn't possible yet when you started the journey 3 years ago (it's been a while, huh? ;)) .

3. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    It’s technically possible, but I’m still suppporting back to iPad mini 2, and there are two more worlds after Vandgels, so it wouldn’t be possible now. But I am thinking in the future I might do that and release them as one game, and maybe connect them using some procedural terrain tech so you could actually walk from one to the other:)

4. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Ice skating in Vandgels #NimianLegends #ios #android #appletv #openworld #rpg #game #nature #waterfalls #indie

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Very nice, the iceskating video ;)
    Now, is there a hole in the ice somewhere - or can I make one - so I can swim under it?

Too bad Apple still doesn't have proper device detection, at least afaik.
    Wouldn't mind paying 5-10 bucks to get both of them in one game, even if it only runs on my Pro and I can't share it with my old Air which our son uses now.
    And we all know that people won't read the text that says "this app works on <device X> only", even if it jumps out of the screen and starts singing and dancing while juggling knives, blasting fireworks and being aflame. And then complain with a 1-start review afterwards that it doesn't run properly on their iPod 1 :p

6. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Vandgels view. The new field of view options let you experiment with different camera looks

7. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014

Finally added pinch to zoom, combined with the new field of view let’s us watch this Bluff Skimmer wander the landscape, notice the dragon shadow flying over head near the end:)

8. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
  9. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
  10. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
  11. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    [​IMG] #NimianLegends #Vandgels

12. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014

Baedil in the river

13. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
  14. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Working on the story #NimianLegends #Vandgels

[​IMG]

15. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Really wanna play this but waiting for iPhone X support. Is it too much to ask?

16. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    It’s not too much:) send me your email to [email protected]. I have an iPhonex version I need testing. I’ll add you to the beta list and try to get it online in the next day or two for you to try.

Btw these are form the sequel , the iPhonex version is for BrightRidge the original game - when Vandgels comes out it’ll have iPhonex support from the start, it’s actaully a requirement by Apple new so all new games and updates need to have it.

17. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Awesome! Sounds good to me. I just dropped a mail to you. Thanks. :)

18. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
  19. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    A big thank you to Rivershard, who has single-handedly populated the Nimian Legends Wiki with literally DOZENS of pages filled with lore carefully extracted from all the games. It's an amazing accomplishment, and a real boost to me as a game designer.

https://nimianlegends.wikia.com/wiki/Nimian_Legends:_Brightridge

20. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Vandgels new combat and spell system