Universal Nimian Legends : BrightRidge HD (by Robert Kabwe)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, Jul 22, 2014.

1. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Hi! i bought the original for my 4s way back at 2014 (it was awesome exploration), then noticed this went free today and am downloading it.
    Then came here and saw the thread, and just sent a prayer for your cat. I have one also, and have known the loss a couple of times already, so i understand.

2. Protopop

Protopop Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    That is so touching. Thank you from my heart for saying that, and I'm sorry about your losses - they are heartbreaking.

Ive been lucky because we thought we would have less than a week with him. Now it has been almost three months. He is still filled with energy, but today the vet said it will not be long. He has cancer, and it is strange how the rest of his body and mind can be so energetic, but that one part can bring all of that down. He is sleeping with me as i type this, and i am just grateful to spend this time together.

3. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    This was fun. I updated trailer for BrightRidge - made from in-game footage captured and edited on iPad Pro. Its the first time i edited video on one and it was a real eye opener

I used LumaFusion app and totally recommend it. I biught it yesterday and by the night the trailer was ready to go

4. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    I'm looking for Beta testers for the AppleTV version of BrightRidge.

[​IMG]

If you're interested please send me your email to robert at protopop.com, and i will add you to the list:) Gamepad is required.

5. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014

Vandgels is a solo indie project and the sequel to Nimian Legends BrightRidge. I’m excited to share the world and adventure soon.

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Look what the cat dragged in :D

Great to see you back, Robert! Hope all's going well for you?

Oh, and: As you write "soon", got a rought ETA already for Vandgels?

7. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Meow! :)

My goal is September 1 - im working on it full time so we will see, and its almost a year behind schedule. I had to do all the technical updates - converting to c#, iphone x support, etc - but now im able to work on game content again so im pretty happy.

8. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    September 1 marked in my calendar ;)
    I got some glimpses of all the technical stuff you had to deal with, thanks to you sharing all that info with us. So, from the viewpoint of an IT professional - taking all those technical necessities into account - 1 year behind schedule is peanuts, nothing to worry about ;)

I'm even more hard-pressed for free time than before. But if you need someone to help with testing at some point, I'll shovel free as much as I can.

Protopop likes this.
  9. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    [​IMG]
    ‪It’s a small touch I always wanted to add - your character will kneel down after remaining idle. Find a beautiful spot in Vandgels and take in the world around you in quiet #NimianLegends #ios #android #appletv #openworld #rpg #game #nature #waterfalls #indie‬

10. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014

Bluff Skimmers are a new playable creature in Vandgels

11. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    The youngest heiress to the Silver Bank, Nepto Suvika arrives via airship and admires Vandgels landscape #NimianLegends #ios #android #appletv #openworld #rpg #game #nature #waterfalls #indie
    [​IMG]

12. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    [​IMG]

An Arctic SkySkrall floats above the Grand Plateau on the outskirts of Vandgels #NimianLegends #ios #android #appletv #openworld #rpg #game #nature #waterfalls #indie

13. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014

An Arctic SkySkrall in motion

14. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    The SkySkrall looks really good, awesome job again, Robert ;)
    I do hope we can shapechange into it?

Protopop likes this.
  15. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Absolutely:)

Here’s a sample

Is it love?

16. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
  17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Great stuff as usual, Robert! Very impressed with the landscape you show in the Sentroid Battle video, and really looking forward to exploring it.

Protopop likes this.
  18. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    I’m glad you like it it’s more mountainous than BrightRidge - very vertical, and chilly

Now you can shape change into a Baedil :) here’s a screen shot taken on my iPad Pro. This is one of my favourite spots at the bottom of shadow wisp Falls

[​IMG]

19. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014

I decided to keep the custom focal angle option I’ve been using for my own tests. Playing with it you can get a look like when they shoot vast nature scenes, kind of like Tour de France:)

#NimianLegends #ios #android #appletv #openworld #rpg #game #nature #waterfalls #indie

20. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    That looks great, especially the screenshot shown for the video in your above post. Do I see it right that the field-of-view is wider than it used to be in Brightridge?

By the way, since the last build you put on Testflight (unless I missed one), Brightridge is labeled "Vandgels" for me. Mistake or intentional?