Universal Nimian Legends : BrightRidge HD (by Robert Kabwe)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Protopop

Protopop Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    This dinner art direction would be great for Nimian Legends Residi Bay - It takes place in a wealthy Mediterranean cliffside city, on the eve of Treaty talks. Plenty of fancy guests and I am even designing a theatre show indside the game. It kind of reminds me of a level in Dishonored where you goto a masquerade ball. Thanks for this, and I loved American Gods. Cant wait for it to continue.

That IS a beautiful image of the glassblower - just a ball of superheated glass illuminating the darkness...

I just signed up as a silver Touch arcade patreon supporter too:)

Nimian Legends Infinite: yeah, im working on it in parallel and it presents a massive expansion of the current engine. So i will finish Vandgels, and residi bay using the current engine, and then the final game Golden wood, and the all new infinite using the Infinite upgraded engine. It's still in a basic state, but i already spend time exploring Infinite at night, and i think its important to get it ready in anticipation:) Plus it works with my current projects - it just really expands it rather than replaces it, but i think its going to be very cool - kind of like my ultimate dream way to share the world of Nimian Legends.

I have a temporary icon im using for the testing - The HAMMER AND VINE is the official icon of Nimian Legends, you might remember it form the first version of BrightRidge, it just turned out that more people seemed to take chance on the game when there was a person as the icon:)

[​IMG]

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Of course I remember that icon, and still really like it. Nice to see it coming back.
    Didn't watch American Gods yet, but as I very much enjoyed the book I will at some point.

Also, Dr.Nullzone says you need to sleep at night, not be on your computer ;) Be careful, ok?

3. christianX0

christianX0 Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Male
    Sweden
    Hello!
    Is this game optimized for the iPhone X screen?
    Thank you in advance!:)

4. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Thanks for asking. I runs great on iPhone X (thanks to Curtis from these Touch Arcade forums for testing) but it's not full width screen. Its because i need to upgrade my MacOS to the newest version to do this, and I cant right now because of some incompatibilities with other software i use. But as soon as I am able to do so, ill be adding full width support:)

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Hi all,

You know, I purchased the original when I had my iPhone 5s. I completely forgot about the new HD version that was coming out when I got my IPhone 6s+. I’m so glad that I saw the thread yesterday. I bought this new version and spent last night going through the first campaign. It was AWESOME. I turned the graphics and effects all the way up and really didn’t see anything bad. I loved it. It was a work of art. I left a 5 star review on the App Store. It’s really amazing to me that one person can do all of this. It is well worth the money.

Billy

6. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Thank so much for the review:) I'm really glad you picked up the new version and that it works well. So far people have been really happy with it, so i think all of the optimization paid off. I miss the original game sometimes:) But i love seeing how it's evolved into what i is now over the years. Im making a big push to add new content and languages and features, and get the sequel Vandgels out the door, and the good reviews really help people find the game on the App store so it's very appreciated.

7. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
  8. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Whoa, the website looks cool! I just saw the TestFlight notes, so I installed TestFlight back on my iPad Pro to give it a quick go. Now I want to root around on the website more, though. ;)

9. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Cool:) Update 7.8 is almost ready - and it includes full controller support - if you have a Mfi controller just connect it.

Unfortunately my cat is dying so i have been very unfocused the last week - ive settled in with him and am spending time with him and trying to catch up. He is a big inspiration for my games.

10. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Really sorry to hear about your cat. Now, you spend all the time you want with him, and forget about us and gamedev etc. Ok?

11. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I’ll be praying for and thinking of you two. We have a couple boys of our own, so I understand.

12. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Thank you both of you - i am spending all my time with him, spoiling him with love, tuna, and roast chicken. There isn't much time left so every day is like these sharp memories.

[​IMG]

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Awh, he's adorable. Here kittie kittie... *sniff*

14. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    [​IMG]

Nimian Legends : BrightRidge update 7.8 is available:)

IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nimian-legends-brightridge/id1021026309?ls=1&mt=8
    Android Open Beta: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.protopop.brightridge

NEW
    + Full Gamepad support
    + iPad Pro resolution fix and increased detail
    + Auto saves and Auto Loads your customized control options
    + Auto Saves custom Quality profiles
    + Single Load Quality Button : Goto Options>Quality to load you saved quality settings. + Quality settings auto save when you change them, but do not auto load to account for different hardware setups
    + Left Joystick Move, Right Joystick Look, A: Jump X: Attack Y: Open options, select option B: Back, Left Bumper: Zoom In, Right Bumper: Zoom Out, Left Trigger Draw Bow/flight speed boost, R2 Melee or Ranged attack, Bumpers Zoom in/out
    + Gamepad plug and unplug auto detection
    + Expanded custom resolution options
    + Default settings buttons have small green dot
    + Over Shoulder View
    + Autocenter camera with strength slider
    + Linear, cubic (new default), and exponential Joystick force type options
    + Touchpad control option for looking and flying
    + Hover button for Dracozid shape change
    + Enable / disable auto center
    + iPad 2018 support

CHANGES
    + First Person view moved to Camera options
    + Reorganized layout & Optimized Option Screens
    + Increased up/down range of view
    + Controls and Quality moved to Main options screen
    + Increased default First Person View height
    + Removed slight pause on hitting creatures
    + Minimum zoom distances for shape changes
    + Removed titles from many screens / prep for translation update
    + Removed options screen blur for now
    + Moved Shadow strength into light options - not quality dependent, more visual
    + remove reset quality from splash screen - you load quality inside main game now
    + larger slider in controls
    + move gameplay into cheats
    + Moved Chapters into settings
    + Noon light color is warmer, more natural - original cool color selectable in LIGHT options
    + Longer weapon reach
    + Removed 2 handed flight option
    + Hi resolution logo screen
    + Improved flying control
    + Autocenter and visible joystick on by default at start

FIXED
    + Black lines in water on iPad pros (thank you Gregory Garça)
    + Optimized default quality for iPad Pro 1st ten (thanks Ashley:)
    + Fixed bug where jump button is missing before or after zipline
    + Camera tilting when arrow hits enemy
    + Camera intersecting with Dracozid body
    + When you use one hand flight control and use two fingers on the right side you move four times as fast and can get stuck
    + And many more additions and bug fixes
    + Fixed iPad 12.9 and 10 inch detection
    + Bad pose at end of long jump
    + Crash when attacking merchant
    + Autocenter now works with flying
    + Improved Autocenter now smooth when looking down
    + Limited extreme flight twisting bug in higher resolutions
    + Gamepad controller now working with in game jump pads correctly
    + Dozens of bug fixes and improvements

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    And yet another of your massive updates, awesome job again, Robert! ;)

16. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Thanks Nullzone:) Now im focused on the new story, which took a backseat to all the tech. Im glad to have gamepad support though, now i can release the Apple TV version.

17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Heh, if it's generic Gamepad support (as opposed to Apple-specific), you should aim for Steam/Console releases too at some point ;)

18. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    That's the plan:) The plugin im using supports a lot of gamepads: http://www.gallantgames.com/pages/incontrol-supported-controllers

The gamepads work on the android version too, and i just had someone play it on Nvidia Shield so it works there too. It also works with a keyboard and mouse because thats how i test it on my Mac. Im about to release 7.9 that fixes some gamepad bugs - like it's not selecting the resolution changes unless you clicked them by hand - then it should be all ready for gamepad based systems. Im luky to have alot of players who send helpful feedback and helped me rack down the gamepad bugs so fast - i defintely couldnt do this without everyones help.

This whole gamepad and tech update to support Apples new submission requirements took 7 months (can you believe it?). I had planned to release Vandgels way back in November. Anyways after 7.9 i can finally focus on the new platforms, stories, and releasing vandgels so im really looking forward to that:)

19. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    This beautiful open world fantasy game is temporarily free. :)

20. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    I didn't think anyone would notice:) Thanks for posting, and I hope people enjoy it.