Universal Nimian Legends : BrightRidge HD (by Robert Kabwe)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by redribbon, Jul 22, 2014.

1. greenleaf

greenleaf Well-Known Member

May 17, 2014
    Student
    Charlotte, NC
    I would be honored! But hey, you created an truly special experience here. I am happy to help people discover parts that I find remarkable in it :)

- greenleaf

2. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    #122 AlexsIpad, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
    Definitely this weekend? Will it be released this weekend or just submitted?

3. poopyscoopy81

poopyscoopy81 Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Amazingly awesome! Relaxing and entertaining! INSPIRING!!! Looks great on iPad Air #

4. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Are there only 4 towers? One guy at the Inn mentioned the 5 towers...I was planning to search for the last one this weekend!

5. AlexsIpad

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Will the ipad version be an update to the iPhone version or a seperate app?

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Protopop mentioned some pages back that it will be an update to the current version.

7. Protopop

Protopop Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    There's a fifth one but
    it was partly destroyed generations ago. It's tilted on its side on the hill near the windmill, and you can climb over it but it doesnt offer any power. Incidentally, if you go over the edge of the cliff near it and fall onto teh rocks, there's a glitch - part of teh cliff is missing and you can walk UNDER the terrain:)

8. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Thanks poopyscoopy (that name's fun to say, rolls off the tongue:)

I'm submitting a native iPad Air universal version 1.1 this weekend, and it usually take Apple up to a week to approve or reject it. Once it's up you shuld be able to update your iPhone version for free and play the native iPad version

9. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Hi AlexIpad:) I'm submitting the universal iPad version this weekend, and it can take a few days for Apple to review it. So if I'm lucky it will be available sometime next week. If you have the iPhone version you should be able to update it for free and play both.

Unfortunately the iPad mini won't be supported. The game only works on A6 devices and up, so it will be supported on iPad Air, iPad 4 and iPad Mini with retina display.

I've been working hard to optimize it for A5 devices like the iPad mini original version, but it's looking less and less like this will be possible. At the moment i can get it to run on iPad mini but i have to remove a large chunk of the objects and reduce the textures to one eight the resolution - so making it work on old devices means really cutting down the current version.

I am still optimizing though and the improvements will still help the current version and updates with smoothness and speed.

10. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Hi Jakeopp. Great question - I built BrightRidge in Unity and am using the "Best Performance" export setting. On the iPads it should be running at 1536x1152, so not full 2048x1536 resolutuion, but its higher than the 'best performance' 852x480 for iPhone, and I've tried it and (personally) i think it looks great.

It's only supported on A6 and up devices, so it will be available for the iPad Air, iPad 4 and iPad retina mini

11. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Dream Revenant

By the way I just came across this game Dream Revenant on Touch Arcade:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=237385

It looks really beautiful and artistic. It's great to see more exploratory games like this and I'm seriously impressed.

12. AlexsIpad

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Okay thank you, I decided to download the iPhone version now and wait for update just to see what it's like before the price goes up :) seems like a nice game, I will have to wait for ipad update though to properly try it out

13. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Oh, OK thanks, I know just where that is.

14. kevin8977

kevin8977 Active Member

Apr 4, 2014
    It's good looking and it's fun flying around and hunting giant tree things but it gets boring easier. It's like Ravensword but only hunting.

15. Charis220

Charis220 Member

May 30, 2013
    Any chance we'll see some character customization options (appearance, etc.) in a future update?

16. Louis Ace

Louis Ace Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2013
    From what I understand, you explore a fantasy world in this game, but I was wondering how the environmental interaction was in this game.

17. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Thanks Kevin - Ravensword was really impressive. He was doing Skyrim on mobile basically and I'm amazed at the amount of content he managed to put in there:)

I'm glad you enjoyed the flying and the Ents. I think a lot of people wish there was more content , like, adventure content in the game So i'm listening and am working on miniventures for the game. It's something that I wanted to do from the start but didnt have the resources. Now that the main framework is made it is simpler for me to add content.

18. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Hi Charis, someone asked that on You Tube too, and I'm not ruling it out, but I dont think its something im going to add, partly because of the resources it would take to implement that.

Something I would like to do though is change the main character and or add at a male/female/androgyne option. When i started building this game about 3 years ago i bought this character model (which i love) but since then there's been new options that offer more animations or give a different feel. He's a bit god of war, he even had an axe before, but that a bit at odds with the world which is more peaceful. But if I changed it before launch i would have lost all the animations i purchased which are linked just to him, and im on an out-of-pocket budget;) But I'm not planning on leaving this fantasy world any time soon (ive created a whole map and history, some of it's at http://nimianlegends.com) and swapping in at the very least a newer model (with JUMPING - something i really want to have) is a high priority.

Thanks for bringing it up because hearing from you is how I understand what people like and want to see, so like i said im not ruling it out, and if i do get to the point where i feel i have the resources to implement character customization, it would definitely be a welcome addition:)

19. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Hey Louis, you can see some gameplay in the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH8f8JIrxJY It might give you a bit more of an idea of what you can do in the game.

Its largely just about exploring the environment - literally just walking by waterfalls, swimming with whales and taking in the different views. There's some interaction in that you can attack wildlife (and people) with your bow and staff. There's also some powers like
    the ability to fly like an eagle
    that you can unlock by exploring. The character himself can breathe underwater indefinitely, and fall from any height, but after speaking with people in this forum (you guys are SUPER helpful - thank you:) I'm going to change that and put the 'invulnerability' option behind a setting button.

He can't jump BTW but im SUPER dedicated to adding that, as well as more animations to give him more variety of moving around the environment. Anyways if you have an iPhoen 5 or higher (it does NOT work on any iPod touch) I hope youll give it a try. There's also an iPad update coming for iPad 4, Air and retina mini that will replace the iphone only version with a universal app. I hope that answers some of your questions - if you have any more please don't hesitate to ask.

20. Hypocrypha

Hypocrypha Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2014
    I finally took a look at your website! Well know I know who the 80/20 Rule applies to! You are one busy person!!! Nice job! Love looking at the map and look forward to you maybe incorporating a fog of war like map of explored areas you mentioned earlier possibly.