NimbleBit's Freebie Friday (SKY BURGER) [Over] Now $.99

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by eeenmachine, May 29, 2009.

1. iStephen

iStephen Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Ohio
    when is bluebird coming out? that one looks like another purchase for me.

2. Moggy_Lloyd

Moggy_Lloyd Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Web manager
    London
    Sky Burger is one of my favourite go-to games when I have five minutes to kill. It's just good, light-hearted, casual fun that you can easily pick up and play in short bursts.

You've got to question the taste of anyone who hasn't picked this up since it's been out. Even worse, if anyone doesn't grab this while it's free then I'm afraid they are definitely one tomato short of a full burger in the brain department!

3. bamafan12

bamafan12 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    thank you so much ian! I got it about an hour ago and just literally put it down to come thank you and write a review on itunes!!

4. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks for your support GatorDeb, we wouldn't be able to exist on the app store without people like you!

5. dbhjed

dbhjed Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2009
    I say people wait till tomorrow :p buy it for 2 dollars the game is well worth 5!!!! don't get it when it is free!!

also when I get a freebie game I am not so inclined to play it as much then trying to get the most out of my dollar

6. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

How the he'll did you buy this for 3 dollars? You should have gotteb The game when it was 99 cents.

7. jchampl

Oh and I wish this wasn't moved as not as many people will see it. But I guess you have to keep the board in order. If were going to move these types of threads then we should have a sale section we can check.

8. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I changed the sky burger title in the other forum to show it is free so both sections now show it. What more do you want :p;)

We aren't going to have more than one thread per game going at the same time in the games forum, that's for announcing games or updates are out and to discuss. Sales like these aren't a new game, so they come here to be discussed. :cool:

9. jchampl

No I perfectly understand. I just got used to being able to see what's on sale in one forum with the new releases. I'll just have to get used to checking for sales in the new section. It's all good. Hopefully one day well have a sale section as that would even keep things more organized. But in the meantime all is well. I didn't see the title change, so I forgive you :p

10. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

wow, this is like the greatest sale on the app store right now

11. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Huh?

Well anyway, I tried this today and liked it! I'm not saying that I'm not grateful; I just don't understand the advantage to this strategy. It used to be that devs could hop from the free list to the paid list, but that was eliminated with the new weighted app structure. Anyway, I'm glad I picked this up along with Scoops and Kyper but I don't see how this will generate revenue considering I got them all for free. Only Ian knows the statistics so maybe I'm completely wrong. Thanks fir the game though :)

12. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Well only around 1% (if that) of App Store consumers actively track the App Store and follow forums to take advantage of sales such as this one.

If Sky Burger gets more visibility (Front page of TA, and numerous other blogs, twitter, you tube reviews, word of mouth, moving up the charts, price tracker sites) from this single Free Day, we're getting boatloads of advertising for essentially the price of 1 day of Sky Burger sales which was getting pretty low.

13. DonD_GT

DonD_GT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    Thank you for the freebie promotion.

14. mactds

mactds Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    LA
    This game is definitely worth the $0.99 price I paid when it was first released, it's worth the $1.99 price it was raised to recently, and it's an absolute must(or you stop what you're doing go download this) being free.

15. blue ox

blue ox Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Hey everyone,

SkyBurger is a great game, and FREE is a deal that can't be beat. If you grab this game today, why not drop some coin on one of Nimblebit's other games while you're at it? They're all excellent, you'll still be getting 2 games for the price of 1, and Ian can buy himself a Coca-Cola with the proceeds. The benefit to you...he'll stay up all night writing more great games!

:)

Share and enjoy,

16. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Can't wait for Scoops to have another Freebie Friday, hint hint ;)

Anyways, I love this game, and it is worth all $0.99 I bought it for.

17. learjetzoom

learjetzoom Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    How low?

500-1000?

3000-5000?

I have no perspective.

Also, I bought Textropolis after receiving this game free yesterday.
    Consider that as a result of your generosity the sales of other games might also go up.

18. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Around $200.

Unfortunately (or fortunately for some) Its been 10 hours and iTunes still hasn't changed the price back.. Some people report not being able to download it at all... which makes me cry.

19. M of IMAK

M of IMAK Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    iPhone App Developer
    Austin, TX
    I've always noticed a delay and period of unavailability when changing price, but never as long as 10 hours.

We just waited 30 hours for our app description on our update to get posted after the app was accepted. It seems like this is now a normal delay to allow developers to download their update or new app before it is advertised on recently added apps. I guess it also provides a time window for developers to update their release date.