Universal Nimble Quest - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 27, 2013.

1. lux fox

lux fox Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Talked about this on the bosswave.net podcast episode 23

2. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    It was kind of disgusting just how casually the devs abandoned this game. Yes, it is shallow, but is only because they never explored ways to flesh it out. This was a 'quick buck' with a stinging little red gem IAP that was obscenely priced.... And they got away with it.

There was so much more they could have done with this game. :mad:

3. thenightfly42

thenightfly42 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Really? It was a good game as is, I paid for the IAP, and I got many many hours of fun out of it. It would be fun if it were expanded, but you buy a game based on what it is, not what it might become in the future.

4. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Unless you just like arguing (/raises hand ;)), trying to convince someone who will use terms like "disgusting", "quick buck", "quickly abandoned", "stinging", and "obscenely" to describe a game that was free for its first month, costs all of $1 now, requires absolutely no IAP to play your arse off, and has received 6 updates (about one a month, most recent just a couple of weeks ago) since it launched back in March that their opinion is without any basis is almost certainly a lost cause :)

5. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Hmmm, noticed this was dated with a "made for iPhone" controller support line. Something has to be right around the corner!

http://m.imgur.com/9e6cRuU

6. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    The game is FREE today. Enjoy it!

7. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    Am i the only one that's having trouble with the direction i give to my heroes ?
    Sometimes, they will just shoot for the north and for 3-5 seconds there's nothing I can do... Quite a pain to play that way :/

On iOs 7, with an iPhone 5, that is.

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Playing on my iPad 3, iOS 7.0 and I too am getting random redirects every so often. I'm watching my line if guys head across the screen to the right, as planned, with no fingers touching the screen, when suddenly they turn up. The direction I'm redirected or when it happens is pretty random but it invariably causes hero fatalities and greatly mars the play experience (kind of hard pulling iff the exacting manuevers of Snake if the system can at any point force a random 90 turn on you).

9. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    #1190 vicsark, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    Same here, never seen that happening before.
    I even had my leading hero doing a 180 on its own line, killing almost every one behind him :D
    Not sure if it's the last NQ that is to blame or iOs 7 though (iPhone 4s, iOs 7)

Edit : there's a new update 1.0.8 to fix "control issues on iOs7"

10. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Just what I was going to add, man was that a quick turn around! ;)

11. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Yep that was pretty fast! Evthg looks ok now.
    I even beat my high score @2784 kills, almost cleared Castle 3 and passed Courtyard 3 for the first time :)

12. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    After the update my game occasionally refuses to recognize anything. Tap, swipe, hold. Have to close the game to fix.

13. Terwilke

Terwilke Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Maybe now we can get more characters since they are done with pocket trains

14. mwadsit

mwadsit Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Phone got erased unfortunately so lost all my progress. Its a completely different game without all of the 3-star characters. And tbh its almost more fun. I hope they eventually go back and add more to this game, maybe following the release of Tiny Death Star?

15. KellyJ

KellyJ Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Accounting
    Barrie, Ontario Canada
    Crashing?

Anyone else having trouble with Nimble Quest crashing today? On two different devices I've crashed shortly after entering the Arena. iPad had a repeating messages saying something about losing connection with server; iPhone just froze, then crashed.

16. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Arena freezes after a few kilks on my iPad.

17. Ooh Shiny

Ooh Shiny Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Hey, I just started playing nimble quest. How does the arena work? Whenever I try to open it it's always some character I don't have. Also, does anyone have tips on beating dungeon 1?

18. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    The arena only works if you have some gold coins and the character selected for that event. You join a guild and if your guild does well and you are highly ranked in the guild then you get some gold coins. If it does poorly or you don't rank high enough in the guild then you may not make enough to cover playing the arena to begin with. I would suggest not bothering with the Arena till your characters are leveled up.

As for Dungeon 1, grind all the previous levels over and over and over until you have leveled your characters up. Really though that's what the entire game is, grind to level up forever (or pay money to make leveling go a little quicker) so you can press on to the next small environment (which they repeat after a while with the main difference being the next level has a few more enemies than the previous one).

Ultimately it's a cute but massively shallow experience. They dumbed down Call of Snakes too much. I wish someone would take the same Call of Snakes formula and the style of Nimble Quest and made a full on adventure snake game with missions, adventure, and so on. Now that would be cool.

19. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    It is just baffling that these guys built such an awesome game and then abandoned it in a mouldy cardboard box on the steps of the shelter. It feels like they went for the 'quick buck', which just makes no sense given their history.

Once you have three starred all the chars there is ZERO point in continuing to play. I guess they feel they got enough red gem IAP to pay the bills, and moved on - what a shame.