Universal Nimble Quest - (by NimbleBit LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Hawkeye67

Hawkeye67 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    I have had this bug occur multiple times in the past. At those times, I wished there was a force SUBMIT button to push my score onto their servers.

Thankfully it's rare and I let it be.

2. terminalman

terminalman Active Member

Nov 10, 2012
    I'm guessing we won't see any new content until Pocket Trains is done.

3. natefoldan

natefoldan Member

Apr 2, 2013
    This game was just a quick money grab. NimbleBit seems to be heading down the Zynga path. Definitely lost some faith in the company after this. Won't be so quick to purchase IAP next time at least.

4. speeed

speeed Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    I maxed all the characters and can't get more than 2700 kills, this is with kishi leading. Any tips for me?

Also. I still couldn't figure this out for myself. The shield. Is it also time based? As in if you're perfect it doesn't run out at all? I know if you collide it's like an extra life; but does it get dull because I'm being hit by projectiles or just time running it out?

5. cretpetpet

cretpetpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    The shield have hp. So hit by a few bone, it fade, but still wall-collide protected.

6. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    NimbleQuest on the Ouya (via @NimbleDave)
    http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?4201-Nimble-Quest-NimbleBit

If someone has an Ouya, it'd be interesting to hear about it ;)

Attached Files:

7. pmpboarder

pmpboarder Active Member

Apr 6, 2013
    #1167 pmpboarder, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
    Downloading it now. Will return with impressions shortly.

Well, I will say it's been a long time since I've sucked at this game. Everyone back at level 1 for the first time in months!

- It looks gorgeous on my 55" HDTV! Much better than other mobile ports I've seen, like Jetpack Joyride on PS3. This is high quality pixel art shown splendidly!
    - I don't see an option to scale screen size, and it most certainly does not fit by default.
    - The red gem is activated by default. I see no IAP anywhere.
    - When I try joining a guild (it defaults to #OUYA), there was a server issue. That's probably on the Ouya's end. Not the most reliable.
    - Not a bad port. Controls with either the joystick or d-pad. I figured they would include the touch pad controls too, but nope.

EDIT! Okay, so there's apparently a daily play limit, which gives you the option to "Unlock full game" for $4.99. Wasn't really keeping track of time, so I don't know if it's time-based or number-of-games-based. Also, there's no way to change the guild. It's #OUYA for everyone playing on Ouya.

8. The Mad Mule

The Mad Mule Member

Jul 9, 2012
    I can only play NQ once per install!

Hi, I was wondering if anybody has a solution to this problem that has been driving me batty.

I can only play NQ once per install on my iPad 2. After I make it to the Graveyard level and die, pressing 'Back' permanently crashes it when I try to reenter. Reinstalling it throws me back into a strange, glitchy version of the Graveyard level, and then it jumps into the character select screen before crashing once again.

I can't get it to work properly, whether the iPad be jailbroken or not. I've tried restarting the iPad, messing around with NQ's settings, nada. Any help is appreciated, thanks! :)

9. dancefirst

dancefirst Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2013
    These lame-ass "updates".

10. iJoashFoo

iJoashFoo Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Singapore
    Facing the same problem as you too :( hope this is fixed soon. I'm on an iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1, jail broken.

11. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    There was an update today that claimed to fix minor issues in gameplay

When will there be a new content upgrade?

PLEASE DEVS!?!?!

12. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    If everyone that loved this game would post im sure they would be compelled to give us a content update come on guys lol

13. terminalman

Nov 10, 2012
    As far as I can tell from the devs' Twitter feeds, they're busy working on Pocket Trains and have been porting Nimble Quest to several other platforms. But I feel bad for people who get this game on Steam or OUYA, since they're paying for a game that has been all but abandoned. I really don't understand why they dropped Nimble Quest so quickly—especially when it was creating so much excitement—in favor of what amounts to a reskin of Pocket Planes.

14. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I think they dropped it because serious gamers saw through the smokescreen of a game this was. There's no purpose to playing... no goals... no quests... it's just a reskin of Magic Cube's amazing game Call of Snakes but without fixed levels or the online multiplayer and with having to play an endless mode to unlock the other characters.

On the surface, this could have been one of my favorite games ever made... but looking below the surface it became clear there wasn't anything worth the time.

15. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    They probably have a pretty good idea of how much revenue and excitement their games are actually generating.

16. terminalman

Nov 10, 2012
    I agree, and I have a feeling that revenue was a problem with this one. But I also think that their expansion to other platforms is a pretty good indicator for their perception of the game's popularity. You don't waste time porting a dud to other platforms. I just wish they had made some kind of commitment, or even statement, about future content updates.

17. Zeital

Zeital Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Hmm I picked up this game for the 1st time in a while. I wanted to change clan in the arena but I can't see the button for it anymore??

18. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Yeah they lock the guild now it seems. Furthermore I notice that sometimes in the Arena swipes are not registered, which can severely harm your score when you're in a pinch.

19. KellyJ

KellyJ Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Accounting
    Barrie, Ontario Canada
    Hey, I've noticed that recently as well! Thought it might be memory issues on my device, but maybe it's more widespread. But I still enjoy the game and pop into the arena pretty much daily. Would love some new content once Pocket Trains is released.

20. Zeital

Zeital Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Well that's annoying because I was in TA1 and want to get back into TA but I can't. And have no option to which sucks because there is all of 7 people in TA1....