Universal NightSky - (by Nicalis) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 13, 2013.

1. decabao

decabao Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Don't be so cheap dude

2. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I never liked games like this but this I like a lot. Like the idea if a glowing ball as opposed to goo or blobs. That's just me but I'm enjoying this and it was a buy where I felt I got my money's worth.

3. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    i also missed the discount. However, I still bought this game and no regret for it. this game really catching my eyes. All the environments are polished beautifully. Believe me, buy this right now or you will miss the sale again. The regular price is $4.99, so for $1.99, it's still worth.

4. Chester_Copperpot

Nov 21, 2012
    #64 Chester_Copperpot, Mar 16, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
    I took it a little differently; I enjoy mastering the challenging controls. They're responsive and reliable, so I feel like I'm fighting my clumsiness more than the game. The physics feel consistent to me across the control change-ups.
    I kinda roll with it, but then I'm really enjoying the sandbox qualities of the game. I've killed myself several times after passing obstacles just to see if another approach would have worked.
    Man, you's crazy.

Edit: Oh yeah, the art style rocks. It's like a Lovecraftian Hell dimension set in a world by Dr. Seuss.

5. James Cameron

James Cameron Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    You simply have to get this! If you're familiar with the console game Limbo, this is every bit as good, perhaps even better. This is a stunning bar-raising game on every level and really shows the power of this iphone as a games machine. The puzzles are devious, the controls are simply perfect, the atmosphere and graphics are stunning and there seems to be a lot of levels so it will last quite long. The neat, often cute tricks the little ball is capable of performing makes you feel emotionally connected somehow. There are two difficulty modes, casual and hard and each has seems to have slightly similar but significantly varied levels. This is an absolute joy to play and a gaming essential!

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Quoted for truth. Get it before it goes to 4.99$

7. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Finally got into this one more last night - and it's an absolute joy to play. The 'puzzles' so far are very simple, but it's still a great game. I'm only in the third area, so I know that the puzzles are going to get more complex, but with the mechanics that the game has shown already, I'm incredibly psyched to get further into it... I can only imagine what the developers threw into the game later on.

--BTW, this is on Steam for $10... $1.99? Freak'n steal!

8. Sri Ram

Sri Ram Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Grabbed it, Its a steal at the current price!
    I hope Nifflas' games make it into the AppStore eventually.

9. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    This game is amazing.... Needs way more hype. It's like Limbo kinda with a ball you roll around.

10. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Only on the 3rd world and this is already an early GOTY candidate for me. Great atmosphere, fun gameplay, beautiful artwork. Fantastic port!

11. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Agree with the comments all around. This game definately deserves more attention and am saddened even by the lack of GoTW votes when it could indeed be a GoTY contender.

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Didnt time myself, but i did finish this in one sitting. LOL.

nonetheless, a superb game, and highly recommended. Me getting hooked and finishing it in one sitting is a testament to how good and engrossing i found the game to be.

13. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Stuck in the last chapter stage 4. I cannot go further. :(

14. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    I love this game looking for all stars now so i can progress farther in last part of game and i swear this game sometimes makes me rage out hulk style lol....so very frustrating in some parts

15. Chester_Copperpot

Nov 21, 2012
    Same here. I love games that make you stretch a bit.

16. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

I don't know if I understood you correctly but tapping with two fingers twice restarts a level quick.

Very recommended! Thanks to dev for the freebie. (Yes it's free right now.)

17. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    #77 mzinn, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    Get this if you dont have it. It's ended up being one of my fav games along with limbo & unmechanical. After finishing 80% of the game i changed to digital controls & after a few minutes i ended up liking them better. I had better control on the log rolling challenges & seemed to help me get past things. Maybe its just me but try them if you were over all the swiping. LOVE this game. It got better after every level. I hope they release a few more levels.

18. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    Went to redownload this since it's such an amazing game but now it doesn't appear to be in the US store?

What gives? I can't even find it in my past purchases even though I paid for the game.