Universal Nightgate (By Semidome Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Semidome

Semidome Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Nice! Since you've already seen the achievements it should be easier to figure out how to unlock them... They are a little unconventional but I'm sure you will get them eventually!

2. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Loving this so far.. 5 easy and captivating levels in.. It's not just a game, it's an experience.. and one that I'm happy to be riding along on.

Pretty sure this has gotten me in the mood to fire Geometry Wars 3 back up..

3. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I didn't realize Semidome was behind this until I read Metalcasket's post. For some reason I just read right past the obvious and go for the user comments. I really enjoyed the mystic of Lost Voyage. So this is an instant buy for me!

4. Semidome

Mar 16, 2015
    So glad you guys are liking the game! There are definitely some common themes between Last Voyage and this like that sense of unknown and discovery. Also the intro ties in nicely with the ending of Last Voyage so you can think of it as some sort of unofficial sequel. :p

5. rpgmaster

rpgmaster Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Finally got the achievements. It was beautiful... just beautiful! Thank you for making such a work of art.

6. #26 AppUnwrapper, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    Wasn't sure what to expect with this, but pleasantly surprised. I'm still getting used the the joystick, since you only really control the direction, not the speed.

Played for about 12 minutes and it felt like I got through a lot of gates, but apparently it was only 6! Wow. Lots of content here!

Made a video if anyone wants to see what it's like. My cable was getting in the way of my playing, so I cut the video a bit short. Need to have full control for this!

Edit: Just noticed it has iCloud (yay!). Gonna see how it feels on iPad, bc I think my iPhone doesn't do the visuals justice.

7. Semidome

Mar 16, 2015
    Haha nice! Now I understand why you were impressed with our iCloud syncing :p

8. NotSoCasual

NotSoCasual New Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Excellent job guys! Really enjoyed it from the first level to last. Any plans for more levels in the future?

9. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I played 13 levels so far, really like the slow motion sections, they are really cool.

10. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Bought Nightgate, remembered that I hadn't completed Last Voyage yet, scolded myself, and finally decided to finish Last Voyage this weekend before Nightgating. These games have miles of style! And I'm blown away that someone mentioned 'Beyond the Black Rainbow' in this thread, only to have its influence confirmed by the developer. Keep up the great work!

11. Semidome

Mar 16, 2015
    Thank you so much guys for your kind words! If you have some time to spare, we would be really grateful if you can leave us a review on the App Store!

As for new levels, we are definitely open to the idea. We will start playing around with some new ideas as soon as we've recharged our batteries. :)

12. Just a little update --- played some more on my iPad and it feels better to me. So again, thank you so much for utilizing iCloud! Means I can play at home on my iPad and still play away from home on my iPhone (the reason for having two devices!).

13. NotSoCasual

NotSoCasual New Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Thanks for considering guys. Just left you a 5 star review on the app store. Really amazing job, best game I've had played in months ;)

14. Semidome

Mar 16, 2015
    Thank you so much guys!

15. firstposter

firstposter New Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Amazing game guys. Been following your games for quite a while now. I have to say this is my favorite. Can't wait to see your next project!

16. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Seriously fantastic!

17. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    #37 yankeeblue000, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Cool!!

Well ya sold me on it I almost passed this one up Now imma have to pick it up thanx to you & a few others on here Didn't play their 1st game but I might have to pick it up also and give it a shot I just have been overwhelmed with all the great games on the AppStore It's hard to keep up I have so many new games I'm playing, plus I made it an issue to go back to all my games I haven't finished and finish them so I can clear my IPad storage out for the barrage of incredible games that are out now and upcoming So much gaming so little time and no room.lol. Thanx again

Edit: I never got around to buying it because picked up something else and was short on storage Was going to play thru my back log and come back to it Never did tho

18. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Just grabbed this on a whim because it went free.
    Great first impression. *Very* trippy, especially thanks to the music. Remindes me a lot of the equally trippy Duet.