Night Whisper Lane Promo Code Contest

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by EPX, Oct 28, 2012.

1. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Game Developer @ EPX Games
    Canada
    the money is tied to the good ending. so if you lose the $$ you can't get the good ending

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    See that's the point either start back or lose good ending. How long is it if decently long maybe take away weapons instead of money

3. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    then i fear of getting a out lash from people who bought the game saying its too easy and then too short

4. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Well ask what they want in a way it won't make it easy or short.

5. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    i can't reply to the app store reviewers, any other options?

6. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
  7. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
  8. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    supaman900s , also posted on there about this. see post in that page

9. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    Another Contest starting soon to celebrate the release of version 1.0.1

We want to know what you would like to do for another contest.

This time around. We will offer the top 3 Contest Ideas FREE App Store Promo Codes

and then give out another 5 Promo Codes for the Contest.

Contest Ideas Start Date: Sunday November 4th 2012

Contest Ideas End Date: Wednesday November 7th 2012 @ 9PM Eastern Time

Then the Contest will Start: Friday November 9th @ Midnight Eastern Time

The Contest Ends: Monday November 11th @ Midnight Eastern Time

10. bennehftw

bennehftw Active Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I know the contest ended already, but I just wanted to do this anyways =]

You hear a crying baby in the other room, you enter and find a room that looked like a child once lived there. The room is musky, with a thickness in the air that feels like something is there. You attempt to located the sound, and all you see is a teddy bear with it's beady eyes curiously starring at you. (Bear is on a cabinet or side table of some sort). It almost feels like it is starring into your soul. Upon closer inspection you notice that the sound is coming from the bear. Clenching in it's fist as if in a deep fury, is a letter (or key or crowbar or rocket launcher Lol w/e game related).

Choice split: Either you leave the bear alone for now, realizing that he doesn't look adamant enough in the thought of you taking his item, or you attempt to take the item from him.

Upon leaving the bear alone: While you search the room some more, certain events, interactions with objects in the room, or plain out leaving will lead to him either changing positions, noticably becoming angrier, or become hostile. Maybe even have him become a floaty demon bear with an aura behind him, or possibly like the demon physically visible displaying that this is no ordinary teddy, but some vengentfull spirit. Dev can choose whether or not you are supposed to just die, or that you can possibly fight the bear, and the item will drop.

Upon closer inspection of the bear: So I was thinking of something like, either some sort of puzzle is related to the bear opening his fist, and if you fail a certain amount of times, he just becomes hostile, or you can forcibly take the item, and he'll just become hostile, or maybe flip it up to where the bear actually wants you to just take the item from him, and most people probably wouldn't expect that. I mean who the hell wants to take something from a demon bear by force? I wouldn't lol.

Or a scenario involving, searching the room, within a certain amount of alloted clicks. As I said before if you explore the room too much, a scenario could be he noticable starts to become hostile as if he knows that you are looking for something to attack/stop/or take the item from him. But if you can find what you need to find within the room before he gets pissed off, you can thereby just destroy the spirit/or passively take the item from him.

Details aside, there could be more specifics into it, but I'm sure the devs can think of something to fill in the blanks :p

11. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    bennehftw, you just missed out on the contest. buy we are starting a new one, do you have a idea for a contest? we could even do the same contest again. place a vote to do the contest again and lets see what everyone has to say.

I really liked the feedback from the previous contest.

Your idea is a very good idea. The interesting thing is that we have a room with a baby crib in it. It will be a good idea to see how this idea can work into the game in a future scenario. Thank you for your great idea. Wow very detailed.

I have attached a screenshot of the room with the crib.

Attached Files:

12. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I see a instant death trap that evil baby lol

13. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    Hahahhaha the famous instant deaths from night whisper lane.

This is perfect idea to add to future scenarios

14. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    Here's a crazy idea....

Create a hiding spot for the snake. You need to find a great place to place the snake were no body expects to find a snake.

For example snake in a microwave oven.

15. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    All contest ideas and submissions become property of epxgames.

16. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    #116 Greyskull, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    I have two ideas if your looking to kick off a new, "interactive" contest.

1)Post a screencap from a room in the mansion...the creepier the room the better. Ask entrants to insert something (you'de have to post a screencap that fits within TA's file size constraints) that you would least expect to find in a dark, creepy, and downright homicidal mansion. Bunnies with pancakes on their head? Ceiling cat watching you masturbate? Dramatic chipmonk? How about some original work? This way TA members can score a free game while showing off their creativity and artistic (or lack of) skills!

2). That scream at the beginning of the trailer has been stuck in my head since I first watched the video in the release thread. How asking for entrants' best death screams-gurgles-last words? You could link them to the thread through Soundcloud.

Win or lose, it will be fun...and god knows TA can get serious at times (I am no exception). Sometimes we seem to forget we're on a website dedicated to iDevice gaming.

So how about a fun, lighthearted competition?

EDIT: The TA app could really use landscape mode while posting on an iphone.

17. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    Greyskull, thanks for the ideas. i know you had previous won from the last contest. if you idea is chosen, you have the choice to give the promo code to a friend or back to someone else on the forums.

1. lol you just made me laugh with this "Ceiling cat watching you masturbate? " thats disturbing. then again no idea is too disturbing in horror movies. we all have seen some crazy stuff. im sure apple would just reject the game on that alone.

2. first of all, im glad you really enjoyed my scream at the start of the game. i really wanted people to get a good laugh and also know we have traps in the game. what better way to show off a trap and having a poor sucker just activate a trap and die.

we could do the best scream while getting electrocuted :). and see how that goes :)

we can all be serious and joke around too.

by the way how are you enjoying the new update 1.0.1 ??

18. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
  19. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    Im looking forward to hearing peoples feedback on the new Trailer, and i hope you people also enjoy the small sneak peak for 1.0.2.

20. EPX

EPX Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Canada
    #120 EPX, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
    Please submit your contest ideas for a chance to win a app store promo code for night whisper lane

Contest Ideas Start Date: Sunday November 4th 2012

Contest Ideas End Date: Wednesday November 7th 2012 @ 9PM Eastern Time