Universal Night of the Full Moon (by SOULGAME INFORMATION CO LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DTK, Oct 20, 2017.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #141 L.Lawliet, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    Am I reading this right? They added 80+ new cards? Wtf. I'm going to have to get back into this game. So far, no card game on iOS has hooked me more than this game in recent years. I'm so glad they've kept up with this game even though it sells for so little and doesn't seem to be as popular as many other iOS card games.

It is a little disappointing that they are selling all the new unpurchased content as a "collectors edition bundle" with no actual discount. The corner even says "hot off" which implies there should be a discount but there isn't. Ah well.

Edit: Unfortunately, this game still has that online-only DLC issue which is very frustrating. You can't play any DLC content without being online. Not only that! If you go in while offline, it logs out of your user account and then when you're back online you have to login again (Facebook). In between this, you'll lose whatever progress you did. I don't like this design at all and I'm really confused why they chose it. It's more aggravating than anything and I guess they wanted some hardcore piracy protection. I emailed them about it but I doubt they'll do anything if they hadn't done it already.

2. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    That "collectors edition bundle" includes all the dlc? How much does it cost?

3. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    1.98 but I wasn't totally sure what the pumpkin is. What is "dust"? What you get with the DLC is really not clear at all but the whole game and add-ons are cheap as hell so I just went ahead and bought.

4. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    This is an awesome game. I have no idea how I missed it for almost 2 years!

houseofg likes this.
  5. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Same here. Just picked this up today and it’s an amazing card game! Love the visuals, sound, theme and the little choices the game throws upon the player at times.

6. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Anyone else have a problem with game just hanging on the main menu? Won't let me tap anything but the music still going.

7. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    The new Werewolf character is ridiculously OP. Just stack Rage and steamroll everything.

8. Holz38

Holz38 New Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Male
    Does anyone know if there is something like a dodge cap (somethingthat keeps u from 100% dodge) and if so what is it bc everytime i try for a full dodge build on the ranger i still get hit even when i should be at 100% and die miserably

9. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Make sure you have internet connection and then launch the game. Should resolve the problem.

10. TheProxy

TheProxy Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    Any advice for mystery men? Or what class to use? I beat normal mode with all classes but apothecary, couldnt beat mystery men with witch at all.

11. TheProxy

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    Gotta say I love this game. Just beat Knight on max difficulty and have beaten all the classes at least once. I should check out Dream Quest

12. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Same question here: What is dust used for? I have 6/6 and an event offered to take 2 away, but why? Is it bad to have?

13. TheProxy

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    The grandpa’s clock event takes 2 dust and gives you a blessing! If you use another 2 you can refresh the blessing. Every playthrough when I get the event it resets my dust, so I recommend using it every time.

I have seen no other use for it though...

14. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Interesting. I've never seen that event.

Agree with zeroex that werewolf is OP. Cruised through to end with him on first try.

15. TheProxy

Nov 29, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    I see it every time playing on any hard difficulty!

16. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Ahh, ok there's the difference. I just started playing and haven't tried hard mode yet.

17. MysteryTheMP

MysteryTheMP New Member

Feb 25, 2019
    Okay yeah ive been playing for about four weeks now. Playing the entierty of knight campain, at the last difficulty Boss Fight, aka Infected Werewolf. DEAR GOD ITS HARD, does anyone have any tips? Styles of deck? (Ive been maining equipment heavy with airborne artillery blessing and normal atk card buff blessings, but after it failed with the preist i stopped using it).

18. epicguynn

epicguynn Member

Nov 17, 2017
    Hey! I agree this game is amazing. I’m hooked, big time.

The way I took care of the Cursed Werewolf final boss on the Knight was building mainly around having 5 or so maxed out basic attacks and abusing the setup with the Crazed Axe equipment. I’ve found it takes some luck getting the right equipment and blessings to beat the Cursed Werewolf (this is true on every class I’ve beaten it so far). The Crazed Axe, and the Bolster ability are key. I’ve also been able to beat the game with a less ideal setup but with the Battle Horn ability (its rare but insanely strong when paired with a Crazed Axe basic attack setup). I get rid of most cards that don’t immediately help my basic attack setup. The best case scenario is to get a Vampire Sword equip (rare) or the Vampiric Pandora’s Box blessing. With this setup you’ll be doing a lot of back to back basic attacks that refresh themselves.

The Wonderful Collection ability card also gives a random equip so it’s possible to end up with more than one Crazed Axe or with a Vampire Sword mis fight. Attached is my absolute best run on hardest difficulty where I annihilated the last boss but it was a lucky setup.

Attached Files:

19. MysteryTheMP

MysteryTheMP New Member

Feb 25, 2019
    Dude thanks! This all sounds really helpful and that deck does look well rounded yeah. I agree, the battle horn ability is extremly rare, ive only gotten it one time. Honestly ive never considered bolster for my setup because i usually build up on a bunch of equipment, so thanks for pointing that out.

20. epicguynn

epicguynn Member

Nov 17, 2017
    Np! Happy to help.

I just finished clearing Hard VII with the Werewolf as the last one I had to clear! In all honesty I had most difficulty with the Werewolf class which feels weird because he feels so strong/fun in normal.

The classes/setups I used ranked by ease of use would be:
    1) Witch - Full frost build. The Absolute Zero blessing (specially w/ Chilled Wind) is super strong and safe. It’s often that the enemy wouldn’t get a turn at all and if they ever did they had so many chilled stacks they did 0 dmg. Fire build hits hard but is probably one of the weakest due to lack of defensive options.

2) Magician - Doesn’t require specific blessings but the ones centered around Counter cards are very strong. Felt easy to spam counter cards and nuke with Thousand Knives.

3) Apothecary, Knight, and Ranger all felt equally strong but dependent on some luck with equipment drops. Apothecary can get very tanky.

4) Nun is strong but super boring in my opinion. I had a lot of success building mostly around Confessions and the Confessions Book equip and just healing through the damage of the enemy. I eventually just deleted all prayers as well.

5) Werewolf - He’s fun to play but it feels like he has the least amount of defensIves and the last boss can be insanely tanky. I eventually won (even without the Revive blessing or a Vampire mechanic!) by only using cards that affect Rage as well as some that give Armor.

Hope this helps and good luck! There are a LOT of different ways to build each class and some are much more fun than the ones I listed (only using affliction potions on Apothecary!) but these were the most successful for me.

MysteryTheMP and JasonLL like this.