Universal Night of the Full Moon (by SOULGAME INFORMATION CO LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DTK, Oct 20, 2017.

1. mengluo123

mengluo123 Member

Oct 6, 2013
    I've played both Dream Quest and Night of the Full Moon to 100% completion. Dream Quest has better replayability because it has more classes, level-up perks, unlockables, and overall variety but Night of the Full Moon has way fewer bullshit deaths. Enemies only have up to 50% immunity max and there are much less hand destruction effects. I have not encountered a single fight where the enemy hard countered my deck leading to an unavoidable loss. English translation is a bit wonky but this is quite a nice game for how cheap it is.

2. Claurence

Claurence Member

Jun 18, 2018
    Thanks for all the responses everyone. I purchased the game and am enjoying it quite a bit.

3. Claurence

Claurence Member

Jun 18, 2018
    Okay, I don’t know if I’m just going crazy but is there no way to discard a card from your hand before you end your turn like in dream quest? xD

4. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    First Look: Night of the Full Moon
    - Magician DLC (by DropRate)

This game is a hidden gem. Above all else, DropRate is the first YouTuber to introduce the new DLC about this game in English. This is a great help for users. Good job, @idislikejordan! :)

ctathemarius likes this.
  5. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Little Red Riding Hood: Forest Elegy Under The Moonlight

Most of you are familiar with the story “Little Red Riding Hood” in Grimm’s fairy tale. Last 300 years, this story has been changed considerably in various retellings and this little girl named after the red cloak subjected to numerous modern adaptions and reading.

[​IMG]
    <Little Red Riding Hood>

This is not a gentle fairy tale.

In the ending of the well-known version of “Little Red Riding Hood”, The hunter rescued the little girl and her grandma from the big bad wolf’s belly. The little girl put the stones into wolf’s belly. As the result, the wolf fell into the lake when its drinking water, then drowned.

[​IMG]
    <The Little Red Riding Hood Uncloaked> by Catherine Orenstein

However, according to the research by American writer Catherine Orenstein in the book "The Little Red Riding Hood Uncloaked", the story in the early stage is much more horrible and desperate than this common version.

In the early stories, the wolf wasn't be defeated in the ending, also no hunters came to rescue. The original "Little Red Riding Hood Story" can be traced back to the 10th century. The Little Red Riding Hood encountered a Big Bad Wolf in the forest. However, in this version of the story, the wolf first to tore her grandma to pieces of meat and then deceived she also ate some.

Little Red Riding Hood was forced to "sleep" with the wolf before being murdered, and there was no hunter to come to the rescue. This dark story, which implies a tendency to "Pedophilia", mainly to warns young girls to be wary of strange men, especially the despicable men with sweet words. Although it is basically the same as the current version of the theme, it gives people a completely different reading experience.

The Revenger in the Dark Fairy Tales.

Although "Little Red Riding Hood" as a child story has been as warm as possible, its source still linked in the dark fairy tale. Perhaps it is because of such differentiate that people are fascinated, which has also inspired many game developer.

In the world of "Night of the Full Moon", the story of Little Red Riding Hood is still from the forest to find her grandma. But in this game, she is no longer a weak girl, but can choose multiple professions such as pastors, wizards, hunters, etc., and can fight against monsters in the forest.

[​IMG]
    Little Red Riding Hood <Night of the Full Moon>

Note: This article contains a spoiler for the endings of this game.
    Unspoken Love

At the beginning of the tale, Little Red Riding Hood entered the dark forest for finding the grandmother, the small carpenter in the village, the guards and the hunters came out to block. From their words, Little Red Riding Hood vaguely felt that the werewolf was the murderer who kidnapped the grandmother.

[​IMG]

Hunter <Night of the Full Moon>

However, after Little Red Riding Hood defeated the werewolf, it still failed to rescue her grandmother. Because the werewolf is actually a carpenter who loves the Little Red Riding Hood. Because the carpenter knew that he has the curse which he would become of the werewolf at the time of the full moon, so he prevents Little Red Riding Hood from entering the Dark Forest.

[​IMG]
    Werewolf's Ending <Night of the Full Moon>

But until he lay down in front of the Little Red Riding Hood, the love of the carpenter never conveyed. The people who give clues for Little Red Riding Hood has been mistakenly instructing her route and let she can't find her grandma. So that Little Red Riding Hood missed the object that should really be revenged.

Distorted Faith

Little Red Riding Hood has encountered a bad dog and a drunkard when she in constant investigate of the real murderer. The dog raised in the church but grown into a hell three-headed dog, it tells the player not to question the priest's scarecrow. and the drunkard said "church are untrustworthy”.

[​IMG]
    Dunker <Night of the Full Moon>

These scattered clues seem to have no connection, but when Little Red Riding Hood defeated the witch, we learned that the witch was not the culprit of the disappearance of the village population. The real murderer turned out to be the church priest. The villagers disappearing is not because of the monsters in the forest, but because the priests trafficking population to earn pelf!

If the player chooses the pastor as the character at this time, then the plot is to defeat the teacher who taught her.

In order to rescue her grandmother, Little Red Riding Hood decided to fight against the priest and finally defeat the priest. However, the player still can't know the whereabouts of the grandmother. The wolf which was considered as the grandmother is not a relative of Little Red Riding Hood.

Unrecoverable Family

The whereabouts of the grandmother were known until the launch of the magician DLC. After Little Red Riding Hood defeated the priest, although the church had been destroyed, the phenomenon of monster violent in the forest did not stop. Little Red Riding Hood went to the forest to investigate again and she found a mysterious man' power are losing control.

After Little Red Riding Hood struggled to defeat the mysterious man, she found that her opponent was her own grandmother! It turned out that the grandmother had already discovered the conspiracy of the church. Originally, she wanted to use her own Power of Hope to summon monsters and elves against the church. But she did not expect it to become the source of the monsters' violent.

[​IMG]
    Grandma's Ending <Night of the Full Moon>

At the end of the story, Little Red Riding Hood holding her grandmother crying aloud. The Hope family actually is "a family which brings hopes" but where is the hope of losing Grandma’s Little Red Riding Hood? The snow behind the forest is thawing, but who can warm the soul of Little Red Riding Hood?

Grandma and werewolves are innocently but defeated by the player. The werewolf did not actually show much tendency to kill. Perhaps it was defeated because there must have a wolf in the story of Little Red Riding Hood. Although the wolf may not a completely evil, he is only a villain. In order to finish this story, he must stand on the road of Little Red Riding Hood.

[​IMG]
    Little Red Riding Hood

There always have a wolf obstruct the Little Red Riding Hood going to the forest. It symbolizes the evils that girls encounter in their growth. They must be vigilant. The bad things often to appear and girls can't expect hunters to rescue her every time. So the girl must be strong, the appearance can be weak, but the soul must be strong.

The story of Little Red Riding Hood is actually very liberal. I like to use the Little Red Riding Hood story as a model textbook for all stories. Its protagonist has an obvious and unique appearance and even has an "unnamed" position for the rewriters to complementing; the villains have exchanged their identity and affecting the process and the ending of each version of the stories.

[​IMG]
    Little Red Riding Hood with Wolf

Perhaps in the future culture extend, we can still see Little Red Riding Hood and the big wolf go hand in hand. In the forest that constantly changes the background, the same thing is that the Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf have each other.

(https://www.facebook.com/notes/soulgame/little-red-riding-hood-forest-elegy-under-the-moonlight/645801239086478/)

deresi and daien like this.
  6. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
  7. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Night of the Full Moon: FAQs

1. Crash Problem
    A small number of players have suffered unexpectedly quit or crash problems. We suggest to update the game to the latest version. If there is still the problem, please contact us and provide detailed information for helping us solve the problem.
    1) mobile phone model
    2) operating system version
    3) crash description (for example, the game crashed when entering, when encountering a page/event fairy blessing, when encountering the 3rd chapter’s Boss)
    Our developers will locate the problem as soon as possible according to the specific information you provide.

2. DLC Purchase Failure
    First of all, please confirm the network connection is good, and have enabled the network access of the game in settings.
    If you are unable to purchase DLC content, please update the game to the latest version in the App Store or Google Play.
    If you have purchased before, but being required to purchase again, please click the ‘resume purchase’ button.

3. Permission Problem
    As a single-player game, it has been provided with auto save-load as well as achievement uploading functions, that requires ‘network access authority’ and ‘data storage authority’. You will be asked for permissions to those authorities when you start the game at the first time. After agreed, you’ll be able to play the game normally. But if you refused, you need to re-open them in settings.

4. Save Problem
    If you’re going to replace another phone, before that, we suggest that you’d better have started the game once, so that the game could automatically upload your save data to avoid losing. (This requires network)

5. Localizing Language
    Many non-native English speaking players asked for more localized languages. We are going to progressively add more languages in later versions, according to the needs of players.
    There are also some enthusiastic players hope to help us with translation. In this regard, we are trying to set up a new mechanism. That would be helped to realize players brilliant ideas and interesting contents into the game. The mechanism will be attempted in subsequent development plans. (To be affirmed)

6. The Content of Game
    We have received many messages from players, which showed that they’ve got very immersive experiences during the game, and provided us with many valuable opinions.
    We do appreciate a lot.
    Some players say several monsters are too strong to defeat. Here we also have some suggestions: the coordination between cards is very important. A set of cards with coordination can easily achieve multiple effects. So, in the adventure, choosing card is a very important strategy.
    You could discuss with your friends or on the forum to figure out more skills and to build your exclusive strong deck.

8. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Not sure who to tell but I’m playing Magician and have a counter card called Enforce. When it triggers it says deal 3 damage and draw a card. Che damage is dealt to ME though instead of the enemy. Ive tried it on multiple enemies and the counter always hits me lol

9. Unordinary

Unordinary Well-Known Member

May 15, 2018
    Male
    Amsterdam
    So after todays new update\dlc i installed the app again, but when i press restore purchase on the dlc i bought a while ago i just get the payment screen, the faq in the app says to just press purchase and it won't charge you again, does anyone have experience with this, because it sounds a little dodgy..

10. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    You are right, it does take you to the purchase screen now. And I agree it feels dodgy, but I entered my password and it said I’d already purchased and it will restore the dlc for free. It should just restore without the need for passwords.

The bit I don’t like is how it doesn’t ‘remember’ purchases. It needs an internet connection every single time you launch the app, or the purchases aren’t recognised.

11. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Apothecary is Coming!

[​IMG]

+ We just got some new villagers enrolled. Are they friends or enemies?

[​IMG]

AltsKev and L.Lawliet like this.
  12. Roger the Alien

Roger the Alien Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    I already installed the update last week.
    I thought it would be available for everyone.

13. Zane Kai

Zane Kai New Member

Dec 23, 2018
    Male
    This forum was fine before you bloated it with that. I didn't want anything to do with what was below this, as to avoid scrolling through this mess. Way to disharmonize the discussion.

14. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    ...which makes it kind of hilarious you quoted the entire thing and posted it *again* when replying to a 5 month old post.

TheSilveryWolf likes this.
  15. Zane Kai

Zane Kai New Member

Dec 23, 2018
    Male
    I didn't "post it again." I quoted it, which you have to click to expand to see the whole thing. And if you see the whole thing, you know what I mean. And maybe there is a reason for why this part of the forum has become inactive in the last 5 months.

16. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    When you say persistent Rpg elements do you mean things are carried over to future runs? I’m
    Not a major fan of rogue like games but have been following this thread and considering it or dream quest.

Been waiting on dream quest for years and saw this yesterday.

I know dream quest is supposed to be amazing and I liked that it allowed certain things to carry over to future runs with progression making it to me seems less rogue like or high score kind of game.

I’m Not sure how I missed this game when it was initially launched as I have card thief, soliticara etc...

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    As far as I am concerned, nyanpass gets, well, a pass, since he a very active member who regularly calls attention to many hidden gems (and some questionable fan-service games ;)).

In general, it has been a policy at TouchArcade to post only small excerpts from articles like that one and provide a link for the rest of the text.

18. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Wow... just wow! Total hidden gem. Love this game and for .99??? I will try Dream Quest one day and Metorfall!

19. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Wow. Lots of new content in today's update!

20. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    No kidding! I only just discovered (and now LOVE) this game, so it's a bit overwhelming. What great dev support.

ThirdMoon likes this.