Universal Night of the Full Moon (by SOULGAME INFORMATION CO LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DTK, Oct 20, 2017.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Wow so annoying. The update wiped my in progress game. I was really far into the dlc Mage character. She's the hardest character so far. I should've never updated since I had no need for the update.

The update didn't even look like a fix. It look like it just tells people how to buy the iap correctly.

Edit: Got it back by restoring purchases and resetting the game. I hope I don't have to do this every time..

2. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I am guessing it was because it was the mage. My game is still going after update. But I am on the nun, which I hate.

3. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Is this similar to meteorfall? I like the atmosphere of this game very much.

4. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #104 L.Lawliet, May 5, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Arghh.. How do you beat the priest? I finally got to him and there's no way to kill him? He just keeps reviving?

Edit: I'm guessing you have to deal 100 damage in one turn right after you kill him. Ugh I guess I can't beat him with the new mage. She's specialized in traps and constant chip damage. She's not meant to do massive burst damage. She's probably the slowest damage dealer so far. I'm not sure how you'd beat Priest with her ever since getting a 100 combo damage in one turn is pretty hard regardless of what class you use since you need to stack a bunch of cards. Priest also has OP cards like drain all magic and AP. The only counter I can think of is a Ranger with a heavy poison deck.

As for the dlc, the new mage is really fun utilizing different skills and makes me assured that the designers know exactly how to keep adding strategy to the game. She's fun to play but would not recommend using her for newbies or facing extremely hard bosses. Her skill level is very high. I hope to see more content in the future. Though I don't want to see more OP bosses. Priest already seems super difficult on normal.

5. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    New update: Toad Prophet.

There is no way to beat the Toad Prophet.

6. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh that guy. It was confusing the first time but I figured it out after keeping at it. It's not the update as he was always like this - you basically have to survive for 4 turns. Then he will instantly lose.

7. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    Thank you so much!

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I beat the game with every class! I haven't beat all the bosses, but I'm dreading the new boss since the others were a pain.

My favorite classes are 1) Ranger 2) Nun 3) Knight.

Ranger has the best kit for just making poison decks, which most enemies can't handle. There are some bosses that reduce that damage so they're a pain. I imagine if you get some really good cards you can just do massive damage in single turns all through poison. This deck is fairly easy to get the hang of as long as you focus on building poison.

Nun is amazing: She's basically a tank that can deal massive damage after a period of time. She takes some getting used to but if you time her prayer cards right and just do massive damage. One prayer card does any attack card x5 after 5 turns, I'd pair that with the 6 attack/6 heal card for much success. She outperforms the Witch for me because she has more survivability (made duplicates of the +15 armor card), though she takes more patience. Her worst enemies are the quick draw bosses that keep drawing cards and hitting for massive damage with action card damage boost. They could wipe out almost 100 health in one turn. Fair warning: Don't fight the mirror (fighting your own deck) monster with Nun. I made the best deck ever and ended up fighting the mirror for an HOUR. I just got obsessed with having to win. The mirror would armor itself / heal it self over and over and the battle wouldn't end.

Knight I didn't play too much but I breezed through the story because the deck is very well rounded. Attack and defense wrapped up nicely with great skills. Not much to say here but I'm going to try playing it more.

----

Now on to the worst. Probably the new Mage class. To start off, it's a really cool class that is well designed. The creators clearly know how to make deep mechanics and combos because this new class relies on combos (there's a special magic card that returns to your hand after use but the cost increases each time it's used). The problem is, this class is terribly weak to bosses. It's main skill is continuous chip damage. I made the mistake of fighting the priest with Mage and it's impossible. You'd probably have to get some lucky turns and start building a perfect deck if you want to do 100 damage in one turn. The mage's deck just doesn't have too many strong combos for massive damage. But in the end, the mage does have a fun deck but it's very very challenging. I had to fight the werewolf instead and he was still a bit of a pain since Werewolf can restore health constantly.

9. mengluo123

mengluo123 Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Love this game. Only 3$ CAD for base + expansion and had way more fun with this than dream quest. Being able to control which final boss you fight is great. It was so annoying in dream quest where the final boss hard countered your deck leading to an uncontrollable loss.

Beat the game on Normal Difficulty with every class so far so here are some thoughts.

Knight
    Picked knight for my first game and I actually won that game. Had a very defensive deck with multiple shields and armors and that heal 2 every turn card.
    For the second game, I had a very offensive deck that killed most enemies on my first turn with the "Randomly copy 4 attack cards in your deck" action and a ton of attack draw cards.

Ranger
    The action build where you played a ton of cantrips followed by backstabbing the enemy for 30+ damage felt very weak here. I think the ranger's starting equipment is the worst one. 10% dodge change is pitiful and unlike in dream quest, the extra card for every dodge only works on dodges made by the equipment itself, not by any other sources of dodge.

Nun
    Got a very defensive deck with a ton of heals and armors. The damage came from that spell which deals 2 piercing at the start of every turn. Then I just sat there for 10+ turns every fight until the enemy died.

Witch
    Very fast game. I got 2 copies of Lightning which deals damage for every point of mana you have when cast. Managed kill every enemy in 1-2 turns. The card itself lies to you. Lightning says (25 damage max) but it actually didn't have a damage cap when I played. I regularly dealt 50+ damage with a single lightning.

Mage
    My favorite class because of the combos you can pull off. Poker Dart (0 mana) which deals 2 physical damage and returns to your hand at the cost of costing +1 mana each cast is amazing. Had trouble during the second level because of how little damage I dealt. Then I bought the action that gave +3 damage this turn on the third level. A full combo allowed me to play around 20 poker cards in a single turn which made the third level a breeze.

Some thoughts on the final bosses I faced

Werewolf
    The easiest boss and deals very low damage compared to the other bosses. His gimmick is that he heals 20% hp every turn but usually every deck will out damage this healing. He also forces you to choose out of 3 effects every turn but usually at least one of those effects is positive for you.

Witch
    The classic spellcaster boss. A bit harder than werewolf but still easy. She doesn't have a gimmick and it's just a pure dps race. The fight's much easier if you are able to destroy her "revive upon dying" equipment.

Priest
    Only fight if you have a really good burst damage combo. He turns into a statue upon dying once which will revive unless you manage to kill him in one turn.

Mysterious Man
    The hardest boss. Has three forms. The first form is really easy and is where you should take the time to set-up. During the second and third forms, he will permanently steal cards from you.

I really wish the English translation was better. For example, Mana Shield says "50% of the damage you take goes to mana". What it does is all damage goes to mana and all damage is reduced by 50%. Pursuit says "Each time you use 1 action card during this turn, deal 2 damage". Pursuit actually is a finisher that deals 2 damage for every action card you played this turn. Another card says "Deal 1 additional damage next turn". It actually gives you the +1 damage buff until next turn. There are a ton more cards with bad translations.

Overall, I still think this is a great game and I will be playing through again on hard mode.

10. mengluo123

mengluo123 Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Just tried hard mode with a Ranger poison build and I beat Mystery Man. Either my memory sucks or it seems that he rolls different abilities every time you fight him. During his first form, he gave me 5 poison every turn so I had to rush through that. During his second form, he ignores the first 3 instances of damage every turn. This meant that he took 0 damage to poison and the second form took forever. Hilariously, I did manage to steal all of his equipment with a take a card from your opponent's deck ability during the second form. During his third form, I had to permanently hand him a card every other turn, he had lifesteal, and he drew 3 extra cards every turn. He lost the damage shield though so the third form was much easier since poison worked again and I stole all his equipment.

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh wow... that sounds like a big headache.

12. mengluo123

mengluo123 Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Found more errors in the card text.

One of the enemies has the ability to revive twice upon death and “rebound sublethal damage on him”. What does that do? It deals damage to you equal to the damage that killed him. Except sublethal means less than lethal damage which is the exact opposite of what his ability does.

The spikes spell says it does “bonus damage for every point of armor you have”. Except it actually does bonus damage for half the armor you have.

This shows why you shouldn’t use google translate lol

13. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Question: Is there any other way to tweak your deck other than as you go along in the game? Meaning, can you add/subtract cards between battles (other than buying cards?)

14. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I'd definitely recommend you find their contact email / post on a review and tell them. I did the same when the game first released and I think they fixed the problems (to be honest I can't remember what they were). They ignored me but I'm sure they're reading those messages.

15. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    #115 nyanpass, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  16. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    The "Night of the Full Moon" appears in the Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles. The dev team welcome you guys face to face talking with us and experience the Full Moon. :>

[​IMG]

17. Claurence

Claurence Member

Jun 18, 2018
    I’m considering downloading this game but wanted to know how the difficulty/rng compares to dream quest. I had a lot of fun with dream quest but also found it to be frustrating at times.

18. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    This one can be frustrating but I actually beat one of the classes and I usually suck at these games. So if I can do it, anyone can.

19. Claurence

Claurence Member

Jun 18, 2018
    Alright, I'll probably give it a shot then. Thanks!!

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    After their last update the game has gotten a lot better since they added difficulty selection. There's also multiple classes that are very different from each other. I think you'll enjoy it. It's a big improvement from dream quest and apparently was made with the creator's permission.