Universal Night of the Full Moon (by SOULGAME INFORMATION CO LTD)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DTK, Oct 20, 2017.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Can anybody access the new DLC?

2. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Not for me. I press the button and nothing happens.

3. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #83 Son of Anarchy, Apr 26, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Can't access the DLC yet either. But other than that it seems like a really good update to me.

The difficulty setting is a very welcome addition, (I hardly ever beat the 'bosses') but I straightaway beat the Werewolf first try after the update.

The earning of 'stars' and spending them on persistent Rpg elements is also welcome and adds a little extra depth. Once the DLC activates I'm looking forward to trying out the new character and discovering the extra 130 added cards. I think the update will breathe new life into the game and add the final touches of polish that it needed.

4. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    I overlooked it because the rating of users in the US App Store is less than 4/5. But it was my mistake. I saw the comment of the users here and I knew this game would be really cool. It may be a little late, but I am going to try it now. :p

5. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    Price of the DLC?

6. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Says 0.99c on the DLC buy button.

7. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    According to developer comments, DLC is under review and will update as soon as possible. :)

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Up now and is working. Yeah!

9. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Yeah, DLC with rich content! :D

----------------------------------

The first DLC version of the Night of the Full Moon has arrived! New career, new cards, new monsters, new story, new dubbing and new gameplay systems are all included in the update. Meanwhile, we added a difficulty selection system, optimized gameplay and fixed known bugs.

Thank you for your patience. Enjoy!

DLC version details:

* New Career——Magician Magician: With her magnificent magic shows, Little Red Riding Hood became a regular visitor to church circles. Then, with a full moon night fast approaching, Little Red Riding Hood discovered that she was losing more and more control over her magic cards...

*New Cards——130+ Added new cards to the new career, new monsters, existing careers and monsters, totaling 130+.

*New Monsters——New monsters with new skills 10 monsters entry the forest: Gravedigger, Frog King, Church Doctor, Nightcrow, Christmas Dwarf, Merfolk, Bear Mage, etc.

*New Story New story with new dialogue and a new ending

*New Events——Explore mystical events Added Temporary Blessing, Wandering Specter, Greedy Chest, Modest Chest and other new events.

*New Dubbing——The new story still has high quality dubbing Chinese is dubbed by the Overwatch team. The English dubbing team voice acted in The Last of Us.

*New Gameplay System Kill the BOSS to get “Stars”. Players can choose their own upgrades by consuming “stars”.

*New Mode——The Choice of Difficulty Mode Users can choose Normal or Hard mode.

*New Achievements Added more achievements, new cards can be unlocked after earning achievements.

* Other Optimizations Numerical balance, optimization, bug fixes, etc.

10. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    #90 nyanpass, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
    This Magician DLC is really nice. If you have not tried it yet, I recommend it.

Originally it was $ 1.99, but now it is temporarily $ 0.99. And the DLC is $ 0.99.

So, users who discover this game now and start this game are also motivated enough. :p

11. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    #91 HotHamBoy, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
    I can't buy the DLC.

I've tried multiple times on different networks and whether I try to buy or restore purchases it just shows the moon cycling phases symbol like its loading, forever. I've left it going for as long as 20 minutes. I never get a TouchID prompt to confirm the purchase.

UPDATE: Wow. Well, I guess I posted too soon because restarting my iPad fixed it.

*shrug*

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #92 L.Lawliet, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 3, 2018
    Saw the big new update and decided to give the game another try. I had it deleted before and lost all the progress. Time to start fresh.

So they actually listened to user complaints about the difficulty and added difficulty selection. Though I need to see if the original version was "normal" or "hard". It's possible that the original was "normal" and they just made the game harder? :\

In any case, this would've been my favorite deck builder game on iOS if not for the massive spike in difficulty. I started again and I'm enjoying it again so we'll see how the bosses go. If I can beat a boss without as much trouble as before, I'll definitely buy the new class IAP.

Looking at the description however, all the new stuff is only in the new class? So that means the other classes cannot make use of the new updates besides the difficulty?

---

Also the notes on the game said the game was made with permission from the creator of Dream Quest so I guess that should put to rest all the stealing comments.

13. Son of Anarchy

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #93 Son of Anarchy, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
    The 'normal' difficulty is definitely easier than before. I've now beaten four different bosses when previously I could barely beat one.

The new cards (130) are definitely available if you don't buy the DLC also. Although I'm sure there are some class specific ones tied to the new character that you'll never see without buying the extra content. Haven't played the new Magician yet. I've been having too much fun playing 'Lady Knight' over and over while trying to build the 'perfect' deck. And you easily can build a near perfect card generating engine of a deck now with all the depth of Dream Quest and more.

Just my opinion of course, but I think that while the game was great but very hard before, I now think that it is an absolutely fantastic game that is 100 times more accessible than before. Especially now it has a permanent upgrade tree, the upgrades are only small but when you max it out it becomes very helpful. After the update it's like a brand new game to me again.

Definitely way up there with Dream Quest, Lost Portal, Solitarica, Guild of Dungeoneering and a few others as mandatory playing for those who love single player premium card games, with depth and massive amounts of fun & replayability.

14. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks for the reply! I really appreciate that. Since you're further in than me on the new update, this definitely alleviates my fears that normal mode could've been the original difficulty. Whew. The upgrade tree is also a very cool addition. This game is turning out how I wanted it to be which makes it more accessible (if you want it hard, then now you can choose hard - which I will never do).

People said before ranger with action points and poison was the easiest set up. I'm going through that now. You like the knight? What's your recommended set up for her?

But yes, if I beat this playthrough without too much trouble I'm gonna try out that new DLC. I'll definitely support them if they finally delivered on fixing the complaints from before. It used to be one of the most fun games on my phone, until you hit the boss, then you want to destroy your phone. Let's hope it lives up to my hype.

15. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    Can you skip the game intro now?

16. Roger the Alien

Roger the Alien Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    Yes, you can.

17. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Since there is not yet YouTube video about Magician DLC, I brought the video of bilibili. Check it out for a simple reference. It's really attractive, but it does not seem easy. :eek:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av22672227/

If you are using a Chrome browser, translations for subtitles are provided.

18. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I just beat the witch boss! Only took one try. Normal is definitely easier, though I did have a more focused card set up this time around. I do hate how if you destroy her equipment, she just draws it again in her deck..

I forget how to reach the other bosses. You have to max out courage or both? It's been a while.

I also like how after winning, it shows you your deck and saves it to the records. That's a great feature. Then you can post them here if you wish. I used a poison/action deck to overwhelm my opponents with the Ranger. Though the real MVP are those counter cards. Were they always in the game? I demolished powerful enemy plays with counters. I'm going to remember to purchase them on all my playthroughs. They really have no disadvantage in your deck aside from using space.

19. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Hard is even easier. Wolf and Priest downed on knight and ranger on one run. Almost fully upgraded with stars from that alone.

The dlc stuff is accessible by more than the mage. New cards are awesome.

I am actually enjoying this more than Dream Quest now. Would love more content though.

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Just got through werewolf with the Knight class. I'm having so much fun now! Normal is the perfect balance for me. There's some challenges but not too difficult to upset you. I wish it was like that at the beginning.

The werewolf was pretty hard with his random card boosts and dodging fatal damage but the Knight is just too tanky for him. You can even use the Knight's armor skill when you're close to death and that nearly gives you double health.

With the game much more accessible I can look through my used decks and cards and try and make even better decks. Now on to the priest.